It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Ivashov (Head of All-Russian Officers' Assembly) open letter to Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov wrote and warned Putin not to use military force against Ukraine in his open letter. He has many points in his long letter.

The use of military force against Ukraine, firstly, will call into question the existence of Russia itself as a state; secondly, it will forever make Russians and Ukrainians mortal enemies. Thirdly, there will be thousands (tens of thousands) of dead young, healthy guys on one side and on the other, which will certainly affect the future demographic situation in our dying countries. On the battlefield, if this happens, Russian troops will face not only Ukrainian military personnel, among whom there will be many Russian guys, but also military personnel and equipment from many NATO countries, and the member states of the alliance will be obliged to declare war on Russia.

Also he address Putin

President of the Russian Federation, we are officers of Russia, we demand to abandon the criminal policy of provoking a war in which the Russian Federation will find itself alone against the united forces of the West, to create conditions for the implementation of Art. 3 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation and resign

Text

You can read whole letter in here
translated in English
LINK

Russia has been militarizing its Ukrainian border and is about 70% full capacity to start full blown war against Ukraine. Estimates are that full capacity is reached within a month.

When read between the lines he accuses Putin to be a liar and a friend of oligarchy and corruption. Stealing from the people.

That is heavy !

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

China shows growing support for Moscow in its dispute with Ukraine that threatens to break out into armed conflict.

China and Russia are committed to “deepening back-to-back strategic cooperation,” Xi was quoted as telling Putin.

www.pbs.org... hina-push-back-against-u-s-and-nato-in-pre-olympics-summit

Members of the UN and NATO need to take a step back from the brink and give some serious consideration to WTH they're doing.

Too many presidents in the US have defunded and emasculated our arm forces in recent years; the US is no longer a world super-power, and has no business pushing for war.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Brave man. Sounds like he just signed his own death warrant.

I wonder how widespread his sentiments are.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I like how Ivashov explains politics to Putin like he's a five year old who hasn't been in charge of a global superpower for 20 years.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a personal opinion. He has no right to speak on behalf of officers.

If the general really wanted to de-escalate, then with his letter he would turn to the Western media.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless
This is nothing more than a personal opinion. He has no right to speak on behalf of officers.

If the general really wanted to de-escalate, then with his letter he would turn to the Western media.

I’m sure that, as a general, he is talking to other generals and all the junior officers, so this probably represents more than just one man’s opinion. I can certainly believe that a lot of Russian troops might view this as more like a civil war and are not too keen on slaughtering their fellow countrymen.

Turning to the western media will do nothing to de-escalate. The West is not threatening to send troops and tanks into Ukraine, Putin is. Putin is the only one who can decide to do that or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
One ping only please.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don’t think I’d be taking any Russian commercial airline flights that fly over Ukraine anytime soon. Just saying.

How do we know that this letter isn’t psyops?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The general hits some significant bits:

the main threat to the Russian Federation. But this is a threat of an internal nature, emanating from the model of the state, the quality of power and the state of society. And the reasons for its formation are internal: the unviability of the state model, the complete incapacity and lack of professionalism of the system of power and administration, the passivity and disorganization of society.

On the whole, strategic stability is maintained, nuclear weapons are under reliable control, NATO forces are not building up, and they are not showing threatening activity.

Therefore, the situation that is being whipped up around Ukraine is, first of all, artificial, mercenary in nature for some internal forces, including the Russian Federation.

President of the Republic of Turkey R. Erdogan clearly stated which side Turkey would fight on. And it can be assumed that the two field armies and the fleet of Turkey will be ordered to "liberate" the Crimea and Sevastopol and, possibly, invade the Caucasus.

DING DING DING

Worth reading in its entirety.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
One ping only please.

He had better defect or he will be reassigned to Siberia or worse

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I’m sure that, as a general, he is talking to other generals and all the junior officers, so this probably represents more than just one man’s opinion. I can certainly believe that a lot of Russian troops might view this as more like a civil war and are not too keen on slaughtering their fellow countrymen.

Turning to the western media will do nothing to de-escalate. The West is not threatening to send troops and tanks into Ukraine, Putin is. Putin is the only one who can decide to do that or not.

This man has been retired for over 20 years.

His "All-Russian Officers' Assembly" is not registered as a legal entity. There is only a website and nothing else.

You too can create a website of the Intergalactic Milk and Meat Production Assembly with your neighbors over a glass of whiskey. And you can write on your website an appeal to the UN Secretary General on behalf of a hundred trillion inhabitants of the five nearest galaxies.

This man's statements are picked up by Russian liberal media and Western media. So this is probably just a point designed to create informational occasions for the Western media.

About de-escalation. Ask the Western media a question: in what speech did Putin threaten Ukraine that he would attack it?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov doesn't know it yet, but he will accidently touch very toxic radiation dust. So sad for the loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Where's original source letter I can run through a translator myself. Not saying it is or isn't true but it should be elsewhere

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

About de-escalation. Ask the Western media a question: in what speech did Putin threaten Ukraine that he would attack it?

I agree somewhat, but what do you think my action might be if I point a gun at your head and say nothing?

edit on 6-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

"All-Russian Officers' Assembly" - site ooc.su...

link   
Sorry, the the United States is THE world superpower.

Let's get that straight right off.

a reply to: nugget1

link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Where's original source letter I can run through a translator myself. Not saying it is or isn't true but it should be elsewhere

Not sure about "original source", but here is the text as given on a Russian website.

www.sovross.ru...

Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

LINK

Link was tweeted by Kreml specialized researcher Olga Lautman

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why are you talking about the gun as a proven fact?

In addition, do you consider that the current government of Ukraine (feeling the support of the West) is pursuing an extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory?

So we should also find out who is threatening with a gun here.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why are you talking about the gun as a proven fact?

Has Russia mustered a large force on Ukraine's border or not? If they have then yes as a proven fact... Are you saying there is no Russian military on the border?

In addition, do you consider that the current government of Ukraine (feeling the support of the West) is pursuing an extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory?

So what does this statement "extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory" mean?

Putin also said the worst thing to happen in the last 100 years was not the wars, but the breakup of Russia, so do you deny he doesn't want it all back?

edit on 6-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join