It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Ivashov (Head of All-Russian Officers' Assembly) open letter to Putin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Your point is all media from around the world is lying while also having no idea yourself if they are not massing on the border. You also have failed to comment on the point that taking Ukraine back is well within Russia's game plan i.e. Crimea 2.0.

As I said about the other poster...Maybe you are a little bias here being very pro Russian.

I will make a prediction right now...

If Russia invades in the Spring you and a few others will be posting it was justified...

If "all media from around the world" could not provide evidence and only whip up hysteria, then they are lying.

Why do you think I'm obligated to comment on your fantasies about a (probably non-existent) plan?

Give me a link to at least one of your posts where you speak in favor of the Russians.

I'm more interested in how you will justify yourself if the Russian invasion does not happen in the spring.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Satellite images are "opinion" not "evidence", then?

In the era of Photoshop and other graphic editors, of course, no one will be able to form the image he wants

But let me at least look at these satellite images.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Please do.

I look forward to you dismissing them as "fake", in 3,2,1......

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Please do.

I look forward to you dismissing them as "fake", in 3,2,1......

Give me a link to a source with satellite images, please.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I already did:

news.sky.com...

You won't like it though.....obviously.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here's a link to the Maxar satellite website:

www.maxar.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

These are not EU standards, but the standards of the Council of Europe, which Ukraine is a member of. And it ratified this document many years ago.

About France. France in Europe condemned for its position. Ask the Bretons, Catalans, Basques and Occitans whether they were comfortable living with this position of France.

Lets go back to the main point that this was called a fascist move, and not whether 100% correct or 100% inline with the Council of Europe. My first point was this is a rather weak example to scream it was fascist.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What you bring is someone else's opinion, but I need you to bring proof.

Do you see the difference between opinion and evidence?

Satellite images and the Pentagon statements are a little bit more than "someone else's opinion".

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I already did:

news.sky.com...

You won't like it though.....obviously.

I reply to you in this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No source?

Tell me. How is the weather in the suburbs of Moscow today, da, comrade?
edit on 9-2-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Give me a link to at least one of your posts where you speak in favor of the Russians.

I'm more interested in how you will justify yourself if the Russian invasion does not happen in the spring.

I said this recently about Putin...

originally posted by: Direne

Why? By whom? If even he does not respect the Russian citizens, why should anyone respect that oligarch?

I said

I think he is extremely well liked by the Russians and is 110% Russian in his thought process, so when it comes to Russia he is a real champion for them.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

China shows growing support for Moscow in its dispute with Ukraine that threatens to break out into armed conflict.

China and Russia are committed to “deepening back-to-back strategic cooperation,” Xi was quoted as telling Putin.

www.pbs.org... hina-push-back-against-u-s-and-nato-in-pre-olympics-summit

Members of the UN and NATO need to take a step back from the brink and give some serious consideration to WTH they're doing.

Too many presidents in the US have defunded and emasculated our arm forces in recent years; the US is no longer a world super-power, and has no business pushing for war.
Nor is the USSR a threat anymore, it would be nice to see Putin back off Ukraine and NATO back off Russia, but we all know what happens when the Raytheon stock starts to slip.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

For clarity's sake, I feel that if nuclear weaponry were employed, in my scenario, actual nuclear weapons (versus simulated) would need be used if only to counter the threat of specialized sensors. However, said deployment would be lmited in all respects.

The objective for use of nuclear weapons, per my scenario, would lie more in the psychological impact thus produced rather than any meaningful strategic gain. Every living, thinking person on Earth is aware of these weapons and understands, to some extent, that their sheer destructive capability makes them a game-changing option of last resort. And while there's wide-ranging variances in emotional responses evoked by nuclear weapons, ALL immediately recognize and fear (on a near-primal level) the dreadful iconic mushroom cloud.

With that in mind, imagine the devastating psychological impact dealt to those witnessing one or more of these unmistakable clouds rising skyward - even if by indirect digital proxy such as cab!e news outlets or live-streaming social media platforms. Now, magnify that crippling mental damage by say... a factor of five for every repeated viewing inflicted uopn the collective human psyche.

Also account for the modern indiscriminate proliferation of mobile visual mediums as well as the near-constant repetition sure to flood all media outlets for, at very least, the next several days. For comparison, try to estimate the number of times a single individual - yourself, perhaps - witnessed the explosive end of UAL175 on that first horrifying day alone?
Me, personally - from seeing the South Tower struck live until sunset of that day, I'd put the number of repeat views in the triple digits.
Next three days...?
First full week...?
Month...?
There's undeniable, immeasurable power in such repetition, sorcery by any other name...

If the varied actions and reactions displayed on 9/11 are indicative of typical individual and mass response to large-scale disaster, one can then reasonably conclude that any offensive use of nuclear weapons would cause psychological overload to the bulk of humanity. This, in turn, results in widespread mental paralysis effecting enormous swathes of the world's population for an indeterminate timespan.

Put differently, most of the world's population will be abruptly slammed into a state of shock thus largely paralyzing civilization and shoving mankind to the literal brink of complete social and economic collapse. And yet, chaotic though it seems, all still unfolds by grim intent.

I should emphasize that this is merely theoretic and, other than the moderate experience derived from my Army service and an obsessive desire for knowledge, I have no relevant insight substantiating my claims. But, of some merit is the fact that the subject in question has been my focus (to varying degrees) for most of my 53 years on Earth.

edit on 9-2-2022 by ChayOphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Lets go back to the main point that this was called a fascist move, and not whether 100% correct or 100% inline with the Council of Europe. My first point was this is a rather weak example to scream it was fascist.

Please explain your answer.

I did not understand who called and what was called "a fascist move".

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

No source?

Tell me. How is the weather in the suburbs of Moscow today, da, comrade?

I didn't understand what it was?

Did you expose a man who wasn't in hiding?

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I said

I think he is extremely well liked by the Russians and is 110% Russian in his thought process, so when it comes to Russia he is a real champion for them.

This is a positive statement about Russians only if you consider Putin a positive character.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is a positive statement about Russians only if you consider Putin a positive character.

Its positive in no matter how we view him here in the west as he is trying to do all he can for Russia. Personally I do not like the guy, but there are a bunch of other leaders I feel the same about. The thing with Russia is they are not militarily Strategical or even economically a threat to America where China is both big time. We need to keep our eye on the real threat and Russia is not it no matter how bad we may think they are.

edit on 14-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I did not understand who called and what was called "a fascist move".

You brought up " "extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory" and your example was that they selected a national language that was not Russian. I say that is pretty weak sauce to suggest anything here to include fascism on their part.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You brought up " "extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory" and your example was that they selected a national language that was not Russian. I say that is pretty weak sauce to suggest anything here to include fascism on their part.

Do you want me to present you the Ukrainian law, which says that "kill the Russian under any circumstances and in any way"?

But with such a law, it will be difficult for Ukraine to play the role of a victim.

However, one of the slogans of the Maidan was "москаляку на гілляку." That is, "hang a Russian on a knot".

Here is a video from 2014.

In this video, we can see this slogan on the banner on the right 00:02.

At 00:19 they start chanting this slogan.

Supporters of the new Ukrainian government burn its opponents alive in the House of Trade Unions in Odessa on May 2, 2014.

Donetsk after shelling from guns

Donetsk and Lugansk

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join