It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK hotel bill for 37,000 migrants is £4.7m a day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

You mean racist opinions? LoL

Pray-tell all the same what did the bad Muslims do to you personally?

How did Allah manage to crap in your cornflakes?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I went to college and got £30 a week haha, I don't think they even get that now. Between the ages of 14-18 I knew loads of people that would've grafted their arses off for 100-150 quid. Lower apprenticeship age I say.

I'm not sure what government schemes are like these days but I do know the agencies that do the education side of things are half decent. Seems a lot easier to get training and certificates, agency work is relatively abundant and there's not too much piss taking. Lots of job changing atm.

Racism eh? It's a humanitarian crisis, the situation needs common sense not hate.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Its a doozy of a situation and a hell of a crisis to contend with.

I would not even care to speculate as to a solution because there don't seem to any to be had at the moment.

Common sense says letting them drown in channels in a no'no all the same.

I don't know much about government schemes or gaining educational certificates myself these days if im honest.

As to work being abundant, fair play but affordable accommodation is few and far between and certainly not abundant for the masses.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sadly, the French/EU is using migrants as a weapon. They allow them to congregate in France and through inaction allow them to travel to the UK. These migrants may even contain a small number of genuine asylum seekers, but who have been unable to claim asylum in one of several safe nations which theu have passed through! These "real" asylum seekers don't play by the rules, so should be treated like illegal migrants.

These migrants should be returned to France for them to process, address asylum, or send home.

With friends like th EU and France, who needs enemies?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Opinions formed from first hand experience cannot by definition be pre-concieved.

Of course, you have lots of first hand interaction with Muslims working as a cowherd on Dartmoor.

Many of us have concerns about immigration levels, Islamic extremism etc.....but sweeping generalisations like calling all Muslims 'savages' and advocating that we leave all cross-channel migrants to drown in the English Channel is simply going way too far in my book.

I doubt you see both the irony and hypocrisy in the lack of compassion, humanity and tolerance you display towards those you decry for exactly the same lack of compassion, humanity and tolerance.

I don't really care how you want to spin it or justify it.
All it does is play into the hands of those who want to discredit those genuine concerns that people have.

And to be honest its all too boring and predictable.....and outright hateful.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Whilst Sharia councils do exist in the UK they have no legal jurisdiction whatsoever and there decrees don't need to be enforced.

A sharia court is a religious court same as the other ecclesiastical courts however misguided they may be.

Only law that counts here in the UK is the law of the land period.

And that's not lightly to change anytime soon.

Keep calling people savages and advocating drowning them because you don't like there religion all you wish.

It just shows what you are in spades that being a racist muppet with about as much understanding of the situation as a house brick.
edit on 5-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You mean racist opinions? LoL

Pray-tell all the same what did the bad Muslims do to you personally?

How did Allah manage to crap in your cornflakes?

I dont agree that all or most Muslims are bad, but you cant deny their culture clashes with ours and it does cause problems throughout Europe on a structural basis. There is a lot of bad you can cause before youre a peado or terrorist. Lots of them just dont integrate well enough because of their culture. They are either a significant and in many countries the biggest contributors in crime statistics. This is not just because of poverty, but culture plays a huge roll in this as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Watch this one for details :

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nerbot

So...who owns the hotels and who organises the placements?

Hoteliers who own run down establishments and are more than willing to put these people up at an inflated cost to the public purse , no doubt some incompetent in government organises and agrees the placements.

I wish it were an extension of the prison industry but there are no bars and no restrictions on the coming and going of these "asylum seekers".

Sadly our courts ruled it was unacceptable to detain these people in former military barracks because it was inhumane ...good enough for soldiers but not for illegal immigrants ...Yeah really.

They Are not being put into run down hotels. Not by a long shot.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ElitePlebeian

Organised religious practice and crazy xenophobic fundamentalists are the problem there and not predominantly the Muslim religion.

I grew up in a community here in the UK and attended school where the demographic was about half and half.

Did not have a problem where integration was concerned.

The world spins through things change, people however for the better part, remain the same.

Their are good and bad sorts in all walks of life ElitePlebeian and that's just a fact of the matter.

Muslims certainly are not the biggest contributors where crime is concerned here in the UK by any manner nor means.
edit on 7-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ElitePlebeian

Organised religious practice and crazy xenophobic fundamentalists are the problem there and not predominantly the Muslim religion.

I grew up in a community here in the UK and attended school where the demographic was about half and half.

Did not have a problem where integration was concerned.

The world spins through things change, people however for the better part, remain the same.

Their are good and bad sorts in all walks of life ElitePlebeian and that's just a fact of the matter.

Muslims certainly are not the biggest contributors where crime is concerned here in the UK by any manner nor means.

They certainly are a significant factor ratio wise. Also in France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, Denmark as far as i know. Ive known plenty Muslims close, a few of which are or were close friends. I remember on 911 two of them came by and they were cheerfull about the whole event. And these were not religious Muslims, they were in their teens and Maroc and Turkish. And those stories arent incidents either.

I dont know any crimes commited on big scale by fundamental Jews or Christians, also not fundamental Muslims except for terrorist attacks. But the crimes Im talking about are just "ordinary". And yes statistics prove there is a problem with integration there, poverty or relegion on itself doesnt explain it. It seems to be a combination of anti Western, rebellious ego driven religious, sentiment and a bit of bad parenting that brings them together at young age and cause them to get on a wrong path. Significantly more so than people from most cultures.

To say there arent big differences between cultures that play a roll in integration and crime is just unnecessarily making a taboo out of that fact, and prevents us to come with good non discriminating measures and motivations we can take to counter these negative trends.
edit on 8-2-2022 by ElitePlebeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow, that's a colossal outlay. It's equally awful to know that ordinary people, not the government, pay for it. Furthermore, life in the United Kingdom is extremely costly. I'd heard about it before, but I didn't think it was that serious. Everything is considerably cheaper in America. Three nights in a 5 star hotel near me, for example, costs around $250. And it appears to me to be a very reasonable price for such a hotel. There is excellent service and excellent food. Breakfast is also included in the cost. In addition, many events and exhibitions are held frequently, providing opportunities to meet new people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join