It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK hotel bill for 37,000 migrants is £4.7m a day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah we put them up in hotels , meanwhile tax , energy and food bills for legal UK residents are rising to such a point as to cause real hardship for the people who legally live and work in this country , to say this government of millionaires have lost control of not only our borders but also reality is not an exaggeration it's plain as day fact.

With the revelation today that fuel bills will be rising in April by over 50% the revelation by the Home Office that the hotel bill for our uninvited guests now stands at £4.7m a day is yet another kick in the teeth for those who go out to work to support this spending.

A Home Office official said yesterday the total hotel bill was £1.2m a day but the department has since clarified the actual overall daily cost is £4.7m.
It it understood the £1.2m is to accommodate Afghan refugees and another £3.5m a day is spent on asylum seekers.

Priti Patel told MPs on the Home Affairs Committee the current policy was "thoroughly inadequate".
www.bbc.co.uk...

I would argue that Priti Patel is "thoroughly inadequate" as is her boss and those he has appointed to the top jobs in government , this Tory government is without doubt the worst in living memory.

The sooner the Tories bring this Muppet down and replace him with someone fit for the job the better for all of us .... in the name of God man Resign !

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

God I’m so sick of illegals . USA government lets them pour in . If the penalty was execution it would stop . That’s how you stop it and then 50000 dollar fine for any company that hires one . Their goal is to bankrupt us so they can bring in a one world gov . A fascist one . We need new leaders and to stop these illegals . Start confiscating all their stuff . If I try to move to any country illegally that’s what I’d expect them to do

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So...who owns the hotels and who organises the placements?

Sounds like a socially acceptable extension to the prison industry if you ask me.

Follow the money.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

The Norks have that policy. Works too.

They also have the policy on emigration. Big fat no-no.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

So...who owns the hotels and who organises the placements?

Hoteliers who own run down establishments and are more than willing to put these people up at an inflated cost to the public purse , no doubt some incompetent in government organises and agrees the placements.

I wish it were an extension of the prison industry but there are no bars and no restrictions on the coming and going of these "asylum seekers".

Sadly our courts ruled it was unacceptable to detain these people in former military barracks because it was inhumane ...good enough for soldiers but not for illegal immigrants ...Yeah really.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What happens when a ship is sinking ?

Four senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There should be an automatic refusal to grant asylum if they've past through more than 1 nation to reach Britain that could and should have offered asylum.

I'm nice so I'd say 3. I know my idea is somewhat absurd but so is the notion of picking and choosing a place of refuge. Then again I would've seized French coast in the name of humanitarian relief. Ironically I'm the kind of dreamer that likes the idea of free open societies that have no concept of citizenship but this is the real world and we are all supposed to play by the rules. I'm more than happy with proper refuge or even mass immigration. People are people at the end of the day.

But this is a piss take.

It needs stopping at the source and if that means we have to pay people to go to Libya, Syria, Yemen etc and teach them the basics of human rights and how to properly apply for asylum then so be it. While we're at it maybe we can clean up the system to make it much more attractive to use the proper channels and who knows? Maybe the the poor sods will have a change of luck and get placed in the South of Spain or Hawaii.

edit on 3-2-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Does the Government expect people to be happy about this?

People need to protest in one way or another... and the best way to do that, would be by quitting their jobs and claiming benefits!

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Benefits don't pay mortgages.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's easy to say deport immigrants/migrants/illegals (whatever you want to call them) or not BUT remember these are people like you and me, little kids just like your children with dreams, hopes and fears. They want to live just as we do.

Please reconsider your views. I have MANY friends whom i attended high school with and they DO NOT have amazing lives, they don't get things for free despite what the media will have you think.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

320,000 homeless people already on the streets or living in temporary accommodation across the isle.

Scores of properties lying empty or unused that can be fixed up or converted to accommodate the poor sods.

Im not sure how many houses £4.7 million a day would equate to or help fund, but it's a few.

And better than the current alternative surely.
edit on 3-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SarcasticArcturian
It's easy to say deport immigrants/migrants/illegals (whatever you want to call them) or not BUT remember these are people like you and me, little kids just like your children with dreams, hopes and fears. They want to live just as we do.

Please reconsider your views. I have MANY friends whom i attended high school with and they DO NOT have amazing lives, they don't get things for free despite what the media will have you think.
Please, stop it. Many hate westerners, and mostly it's just young men. They come here with one thing in mind : to take take take and take.
Meanwhile the western economies are crumbling and with ever increasing over crowding.
This is not about taking in immigrants. This is planned deliberately by soros and the like to take down the west.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Please, stop it. Many hate westerners, and mostly it's just young men. They come here with one thing in mind : to take take take and take.
Meanwhile the western economies are crumbling and with ever increasing over crowding.
This is not about taking in immigrants. This is planned deliberately by soros and the like to take down the west.

Very well said ! His goal is to destroy America . He wants a one world fascist evil government. Destroying America is the way to do it . As soon as all of us can’t afford food and housing they’ll usher it in with the promise of the one world government that’ll make sure we all have food and housing . They’ll make it sound so great and all the brainwashed idiot masses will be begging for it . Not me though. I’ll die before that day happens . I don’t want to be reincarnated, if that’s what happens , into a fascist one world gov where we have no rights , no freedoms , no freedom of speech . It’ll be like Chinas in charge but ten times worse . Thanks for what you posted .
All we can do is keep talking . Keep telling people what’s happening . Though we take so much crap for trying to enlighten people . Once we have enough enlighten people we will be able to live in a free and open society again . Have peace on earth and figure this thing out !!!

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

originally posted by: ancientlight

Very well said ! His goal is to destroy America . He wants a one world fascist evil government. Destroying America is the way to do it . As soon as all of us can’t afford food and housing they’ll usher it in with the promise of the one world government that’ll make sure we all have food and housing . They’ll make it sound so great and all the brainwashed idiot masses will be begging for it . Not me though. I’ll die before that day happens . I don’t want to be reincarnated, if that’s what happens , into a fascist one world gov where we have no rights , no freedoms , no freedom of speech . It’ll be like Chinas in charge but ten times worse . Thanks for what you posted .
All we can do is keep talking . Keep telling people what’s happening . Though we take so much crap for trying to enlighten people . Once we have enough enlighten people we will be able to live in a free and open society again . Have peace on earth and figure this thing out !!!

I just hope it won't be too late by the time enough wake up. Australia sounds really dystopian right now.
We do outnumber the 'elites' by billions. But we can only defeat them with enough people 'woken up' and with police and military on our side

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The Tories have done nothing to stop the endless tide of immigrants seeking to enter this country.
They spout the usual political soundbites but no more intend to stem the flow than their Labour counterparts do.

And this comes at a staggering cost to UK taxpayers.....all whilst cost of living expenses are rising at an alarming rate. (It would be very easy to get sidetracked into discussing the reasons behind that).

There are empty properties in every single town and city the length and breadth of the UK.
There is empty military accommodation throughout the UK.
All could be adapted, modified and fixed up to house both existing homeless people and immigrants that meet required criteria for entrance into this country.

But first the tide of immigrants seeking illegal entry needs to stop.
Then we need to re-evaluate current immigration policies.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think what we all have to accept is that charity begins at home.

The UK just don't have the amenities or housing to coup with the demand we have right now for such.

Or at least the will to implement proper plans to address the temporary accommodation and homelessness issue 320,000+ people from this nation face each day.

The reality is the cost of living is going through the roof and affordable accommodation few and far between for most people across the nation.

Its not rocket science nether, train them up and give them jobs building/renovation council house for the masses.

Another thing is if they help build the place, they are less lightly to want to feck it all up, as its human nature to protect the things that we build.
edit on 4-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The housing market is broke, especially for renters.

Social housing is great if you can get it but it comes with strings attached, demand is high and availability low, the alternative is private renting which usually costs the taxpayer more in the long run.

The prices are cheap up north too, 2 bed house can be between 400-550 around here (350ish on social) yet going by government statistics that's ill affordable for a single working person bringing home a half decent wage a couple of my mates get universal credit to pay for council tax and I think 25% of their rent. I'd hate to see how this works out in a place like London or even inner Durham. It's a broken costly system.

Add to that the fact that social housing associations only build new homes for profit and you've got a really bad situation for the future. Consider the fact that most of the post war housing estates are no longer fit for purpose, many should have been torn down years ago... They're doing that too but in my area for every 1000 houses knocked down they've built an average of about 83 last I checked.

Your idea about training them to be builders is a good one, we did it post war, I had similar ideas for the education system many moons ago. This nation needs a mass overhaul of housing and infrastructure and not vanity projects like high speed rail to the "north" we also don't need muppets jumping around levelling up stuff as if they're eating mushrooms and dressed like an Italian plumber.

A miners cottage/bungalow costs at the most 20 grand to build. Up to 100 billion for HS2. I'm not bothering with the math but that's a lot of cheap accommodation and a huge industrial boom to boot, many of us live on what should be brownfield sites anyways... There's growing land to build on.

Apologies gortex for going somewhat off topic!
edit on 4-2-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Ive got a private let just now that im £630 a month for RAY1990 and that's in Glasgow, murder is what is.

Dont even get me started where gas and leccie prices are concerned right now.

They need to build more affordable accommodation for the people of the nation in spades.

As plain as day.

And they are not doing it in any sort of realistic manner, because like you suggest, profit is the name of the game.

We don't need to level up ffs, we need to pick up the pieces and try and put Humpty Dumpty back together again before we do anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
a reply to: RAY1990

We've got to put our own house in order first, then we can look at helping others....charity does indeed begin at home.

As I said, there are ample empty properties in this country to house both our homeless and genuine asylum seekers/immigrants.

Pre-pandemic I remember there being an outcry about lack of trade skills.
Re-train long term unemployed, offer Apprenticeships to school leavers etc and fix up these properties then rent out at genuinely affordable prices.
It really isn't hard.

Many people may disagree here but a lot of these problems really can be traced back to policies introduced by Thatcher and which no administration since has either wanted or cared to re-dress.

In many ways this country has regressed during my lifetime.
The obsession with profit and 'self' has become paramount and I firmly believe there is a determination to take us back to some sort of Victorianesque society along with all the social injustices and inequalities that went with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

They had the correct idea with the YTS in the 90s.

Aside from the pay on offer of course which was £27.50 a week.

Its not just the youths that require retraining all the same in this day of age.

I think Tories wish to see a return of the likes of workhouses myself if im honest Freeborn.

One rule for some and another for the rest being exactly what they do in spades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join