It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Little Indians (1987)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ten Little Indians (Десять негритят) - 1987

The film is based on a novel of the same name by Agatha Christie.

In Russian, this film is called "Ten Little Negroes" [In Russian, a word "негр" is neutral.]

The video has english subtitles.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I find it silly to vilify words when the meaning was NOT the OFFENSE.
If we did this with everything and everyone we would have no language left we can use.

Negro
In the English language, negro is a term historically used to denote persons considered to be of Black African heritage. The word "negro" means "black" in both Spanish and in Portuguese, where English took it from. The term can be construed as offensive, inoffensive, or completely neutral, largely depending on the region or country where it is used. It has various equivalents in other languages of Europe.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

I have seen "Identity" which is apparently based on the original 10 little negros/10 little indians/And Then There Were None, and I thouroughly enjoyed that movie with John Cusack and Ray Liotta

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I know the Soviet film is not the only film based on the novel by Agatha Christie, but I have not watched any of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The original 1939 title of the book was " Ten Little Ni***rs "

You can understand why the title had to be changed.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

In a reasoning world no I don't.

Niger or the Niger, officially the Republic of the Niger, is a landlocked country in West Africa named after the Niger River. Niger is a unitary state bordered by
The name Niger: Summary Meaning Black, Rich, Wisdom-hungry Etymology From the Latin word niger, black. 🔽 The name Niger in the Bible 🔽 Etymology of the name Niger 🔽 The name Niger in Rome 🔽 Niger meaning

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: alldaylong

In a reasoning world no I don't.

Niger or the Niger, officially the Republic of the Niger, is a landlocked country in West Africa named after the Niger River. Niger is a unitary state bordered by
The name Niger: Summary Meaning Black, Rich, Wisdom-hungry Etymology From the Latin word niger, black. 🔽 The name Niger in the Bible 🔽 Etymology of the name Niger 🔽 The name Niger in Rome 🔽 Niger meaning

The word has zero connection to Niger.

History and Etymology for 'n-word' alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger

www.merriam-webster.com...'n-word'

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ridiculous in MHO
I can call you slave I can call you a Mother()
Can't say a word that people call themselves, all silly!

new topics

top topics

join