It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Lyra - The Mission to Chase After 'Oumuamua

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's been over 4 years since Oumuamua visited our Solar System and left amateur and professional astronomers scratching their heads saying "WTF was that thing ?" , sadly Oumuamua passed before we could get a look at it so now the Institute for Interstellar Studies have revealed they have been working on a plan to launch a mission to chase after the what ever it was to answer the questions Oumuamua left us with , was it a chunk of ice , rock or something more exotic.

The Institute say if they launch a probe in 2028 by using slingshots of our Solar System planets they could catch up to the mystery object in 26 years , yeah it's a long wait and some of us probably won't get to see the results but the idea is still an exciting prospect.

Interestingly enough, there are many proposals on the table for missions that could do just that. Consider Project Lyra, a proposal by the Institute for Interstellar Studies (i4is) that would rely on advanced propulsions technology to rendezvous with interstellar objects (ISOs) and study them. According to their latest study, if their mission concept launched in 2028 and performed a complex Jupiter Oberth Manoeuvre (JOM), it would be able to catch up to ‘Oumuamua in 26 years.

On October 30th, 2017, less than two weeks after ‘Oumuamua was detected, the Initiative for Interstellar Studies (i4is) inaugurated Project Lyra. The purpose of this concept study was to determine if a mission to rendezvous with ‘Oumuamua was feasible using current or near-term technologies. Since then, the i4is team has conducted studies that considered catching up with the ISO using nuclear-thermal propulsion (NTP) and a laser sailcraft, similar to Breakthrough Starshot – an interstellar mission concept for reaching Alpha Centauri in 20 years.
www.universetoday.com...-154028

Video from the Institute for Interstellar Studies detailing their plan.

It's no secret that I find ‘Oumuamua fascinating and think it's the closest we've come to finding something possibly designed by ET but I also find the name of the project fascinating too , mainly because of this sat in my picture callery.

Not saying it's Aliens but .....

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Those aliens got a huge head start.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Rendez-vous with Rama it is...

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They can run but they can't hide , unless they're not where we expect them to be when we get there then I guess they can run and hide ... smart move on their part I think.

Is it just me or have you put on weight ?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Project Lyra - The Mission to Chase After 'Oumuamua

Perhaps we could save a lot of money by hiring Ed Dames to remote view it....

Rendez-vous with Rama it is...

Arthur C. Clarke was a prophet in many respects!!

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Bigburgh

They can run but they can't hide , unless they're not where we expect them to be when we get there then I guess they can run and hide ... smart move on their part I think.

Is it just me or have you put on weight ?

youtu.be...

edit on 28-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Back then it was described as a cigar shaped object. Sometimes a cigar is just space junk? Space obelisk? Vatican's observatory and Vatican obelisk now make sense?

Do they come in peace? Uhm... "panspermia"?

Also Vatican:

Childhood's End?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Childhood's End?

I think so....

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's a freaky little read.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

And another thing...

Oumuamua reportedly was discovered on October 19 in 2017. The direction it came from: Vega in the constellation Lyra. About a fortnight earlier: Las Vegas harvest (sacrifice? ) music (lyra) festival shooting.

Harbinger of the great Ra/Set (you will own nothing and be happy)? Set who cut off Osiris penis (among other things) and threw it in the Nile (Milky Way). What goes around comes around and voilà: cigar shaped Oumuamua from Vega/Lyra...

Well, I wouldn't call it a theory yet but something to ponder about.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I’d laugh if the gap in courses resulted in the asteroid being slingshot by an unobserved nibiru and was never seen again.

Oh! Or better yet slung down an exact opposite course that sailed it back the other way past the intrepid pursuing craft!

Man,That would be something

areply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I can understand a few dozen nerds being thrilled by such a project .

But what about the rest of us ?

We might reasonably regard it as completely wasted money and an affront to all decent and compassionate people who would like to see everybody first eating healthily and daily and all of us able to enjoy clean water and clean air .

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Juicer66

We might reasonably regard it as completely wasted money and an affront to all decent and compassionate people who would like to see everybody first eating healthily and daily and all of us able to enjoy clean water and clean air .

There are many things that companies , governments , investors spend money on that could be considered a waste but expanding our knowledge is rarely a waste.

How many ways of killing people do we need yet government continue to pile cash into finding new and more effective ways of doing it.

Knowledge is power.
edit on 28-1-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Juicer66
a reply to: Dalamax

I can understand a few dozen nerds being thrilled by such a project .

But what about the rest of us ?

Nerds need their practice, and you'd be surprised how often strides made in one area (space propulsion, designing craft) have a positive knock-on effect in other areas.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The proposed trajectory of the pursuit craft, and how they plan on using gravitational slingshots to build velocity, is what I find intriguing. Would love to see a diagram of how they plan to wing the craft around our solar system to speed it up.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I've always been suspicious of the Oumuamua narrative. See my thread Crop Circles --- Positive metaphor & open-handed deception in the movie 'Arrival'..?. The director of the movie 'Arrival' claimed on IMDB that he was inspired to shape the alien craft in his film after the style of the Oumuamua object. Trouble is, He made the movie before Oumuamua had been announced to the world. Something fishy going on here...

edit on JanuaryFriday2201CST07America/Chicago-060004 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, clarification

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

edit on Fri Jan 28 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Wow! That is super creepy and wild. Certainly has my wheels turning.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Reminds me of the old joke about a dog chasing cars and what does he do when catches one .......

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know right? How does the cosmic clockwork present an opportunity like this?

it will be absolutely remarkable if this undertaking bears fruit.

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join