It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Breyer to retire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Garland makes zero sense at the moment. He is too useful of a tool. Kamala makes more. She is a political liability, is an attorney with supposed experience of note, and recommending her to SCOTUS would be a way to remove her while ostensibly rewarding her. Hence my earlier, deleted comment.

Since it's off topic to discuss the successor to the retiring justice, I put a thread up in the pit, if you wish to reiterate your previous point.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They should nominate Michelle Obama. Wouldn't that piss off Republicans. Better yet, nominate President Obama or AOC.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Perfecting Timing.

28th Democrat stating they are not running and retiring. Nancy saying she is coming back. 46 in the mid 30's and upside down in any poll there is.

This will be the next battle at home while the war starts overseas.

This year it will not be racist cops but White Supremacy in the US and a domestic terror event regarding a black and lesbian nominee.

Then when they lost the 2022 midterms it can all be about domestic terror and the agenda.

terrorism is so last week. We have moved on. BTW, there is a new covid variant, you heard?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Loretta Lynch?

God help us..

I could see that happening as she is a master at evading. The whole point of making it racial is to pigeon hole republicans into watching their backsides during the confirmation hearings. Any perceivably implied questions or statements will make headline news that the GOP is racist.

It's the typical, and quite stale, projection game the left ALWAYS plays when they're actually doing it themselves.

To make it an announced, FOCUSED racial issue is just pathetic and further cements the idea that our black brothers and sisters ALWAYS need a hand up which is BS.

It's insulting and demeaning.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am not sure how. That's the very first and obvious thing that comes to mind when a retirement is announced.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
They should nominate Michelle Obama. Wouldn't that piss off Republicans. Better yet, nominate President Obama or AOC.

No sweat, as long as the court remains overwhelmingly conservative.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I hope they do.

I really hope they do.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: matafuchs
Perfecting Timing.

28th Democrat stating they are not running and retiring. Nancy saying she is coming back. 46 in the mid 30's and upside down in any poll there is.

This will be the next battle at home while the war starts overseas.

This year it will not be racist cops but White Supremacy in the US and a domestic terror event regarding a black and lesbian nominee.

Then when they lost the 2022 midterms it can all be about domestic terror and the agenda.

terrorism is so last week. We have moved on. BTW, there is a new covid variant, you heard?

No. I will bet he hasn't. It's a stealth variant 🤫.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Loretta Lynch?

God help us..

I could see that happening as she is a master at evading. The whole point of making it racial is to pigeon hole republicans into watching their backsides during the confirmation hearings. Any perceivably implied questions or statements will make headline news that the GOP is racist.

It's the typical, and quite stale, projection game the left ALWAYS plays when they're actually doing it themselves.

To make it an announced, FOCUSED racial issue is just pathetic and further cements the idea that our black brothers and sisters ALWAYS need a hand up which is BS.

It's insulting and demeaning.

I think the argument would go like this "You are being racist for pointing out how racist I am"

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just delegate Tim Scott and Ted Cruz and Marsha Blackburn and similar to dovthe dirty work of questioning. I realize it's by committee, but fighting fire with fire would be nice.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

that would be epic, if the goal was to troll the other side with one of the most consequential jobs in the nation. But when in clown world, be sure to wear the proper foot wear.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms: NBC
Apparently, NBC just announced that Stephen Breyer is going to retire before the midterms. Obviously he doing this now in case the Republicans take control of the Senate in November.

I seem to remember the Democrats howling awful things at Trump when he pushed though his nominee before the midterms. Watch as all that falls down the memory hole in 3... 2... 1...

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen,[...]

eta:
for those who challenge that assertion, just no.

True. A Black Female named Stacy Abrahms? Oops...she burned her bridge to Biden 2 weeks ago with the Atlanta snub.

You'd think that might be the case, but Kamal accused biden of being a pedophile and her bridge didn't burn.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"Wouldn't that piss off Republicans"

Ironically that's been the DNC's only motivation since Carter...

well that and enriching themselves and playing the race and sexism card
edit on 26-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If I had to predict the next Supreme Court Justice nominated by democrats, I'd have to say AOC.

And I did not bring her up because I want to sleep with her.

Biden's pick won't be chosen based on interpretation of Constitutional Law or experience.

Biden's pick will be done based on skin color (racist), gender (sexist), and not on merit or ability.

If anyone doubts this, just look at who he chose for his VP.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Nope he is going to put a transgender with not real sex to be the next justice, after he fails trying to put somebody with Chinese or Russian back ground.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She is does not have enough experience or background to be a judge of anything, she is a zero with a big mouth.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No, alluh ackbar terror is old news. The white dragons are coming.....

In other news, this is also to try to get 46 a WIN with actually getting something done.

Seriously, This is going to be a lesbian SCOTUS nominee of color to pave the way for Buttigieg in 2024.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Press briefing now. It will be a black female who is currently a judge and has been through the confirmation process, albeit on a smaller scale. Very few Americans will know the name when it is announced.

The goal is to get that person approved, so when briar retires, she will be able to sit right down in his chair the same day.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We the people are entitled to witness the confirmation of judges, now, does this means the senate already confirmed this individual? that is what you mean?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Why would either be that big of a deal? The Left's marginalized voices will continue to be in a 3-6 voice minority regardless of who is picked. This pick isn't going to reflect a change in direction for the SCOTUS, so who really cares? The SCOTUS is secure and shielded from lunacy, so even if the pick is made by a lunatic and the entire asylum points at it believing it will piss off the sane, in reality it is almost meaningless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join