It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Breyer to retire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms: NBC
Apparently, NBC just announced that Stephen Breyer is going to retire before the midterms. Obviously he doing this now in case the Republicans take control of the Senate in November.

I seem to remember the Democrats howling awful things at Trump when he pushed though his nominee before the midterms. Watch as all that falls down the memory hole in 3... 2... 1...

ATTENTION

MOD NOTE
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Wed Jan 26 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Apparently, NBC just announced that Stephen Breyer is going to retire before the midterms. Obviously he doing this now in case the Republicans take control of the Senate in November.

I seem to remember the Democrats howling awful things at Trump when he pushed though his nominee before the midterms. Watch as all that falls down the memory hole in 3... 2... 1...

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen, per JOE BIDEN. Using racism to pick a justice for the Supreme court, that will be his legacy, along with picking a black woman as a running mate. (that worked out great)

eta:
for those who challenge that assertion, just no.
edit on 26-1-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

edit on Wed Jan 26 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Cue the avenue to get rid of KAMALA HARRIS

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen, [...]

eta:

He's forgotten everything else he's promised, so why not that, too?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen,[...]

eta:

Has Websters redefined 'racism' and 'misogyny' to fit the new liberal agenda yet?

Is Elisabeth Warren in the running?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I hope whomever biden picks gets the Kavanaugh treatment X10. Drag them through the mud, then drag them through it again. Go all the way back to kindergarten and find a girl who said he looked up her diaper and call him a life long predator. Go all out and hold nothing back. Beat this heathen into a fine powder. Then start the whole thing all over again just because...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
How much time before the midterms? It is typically not a short process.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Both sides are supremely hypocritical along with the constituents of these hypocritical politicians. Both sides point the finger at each other lambasting each other’s ridiculousness-which are just reflections of themselves. They’re looking in the mirror.

It would be funny. If I didn’t have to live amongst it.
edit on 26-1-2022 by AcrobaticDreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Is Elisabeth Warren in the running?

I threw up a little when I read that. Don't do that.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I don't know who the nomination will be but whoever it is.....

They touched me in college...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen,[...]

eta:

True. A Black Female named Stacy Abrahms? Oops...she burned her bridge to Biden 2 weeks ago with the Atlanta snub.
edit on 1/26/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
How much time before the midterms? It is typically not a short process.

Don't you need 60 "yea" votes in the Senate for confirmation?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This just shows us how morbid the US Supreme Court is... let's not wait till they die this time lol. It's pure idiocy that the American Supreme Court system fears death lol... it also shows how corrupt one party is.

The real 'court packing' has already happened. Let's add justices and get some of the politics out of the Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

The court will still be a super-majority of Conservatives, unless Biden picks 2 people to replace Breyer.

(Don't laugh!)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes we should not forget the Democrat howling. However we should also not forget the howling of the Republican Senate to not even consider Obama's nomination of Garland a full eight months before elections yet had the temerity to turn around and rapidly push though Trump's nominee Barret though the Senate on a fast moving locomotive while presidential elections were already underway.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do you really think that the muppet that is Joe Biden is going to have a say in who's nominated? He'll nominate who he's told to nominate.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Yes we should not forget the Democrat howling. However we should also not forget the howling of the Republican Senate to not even consider Obama's nomination of Garland a full eight months before elections yet had the temerity to turn around and rapidly push though Trump's nominee Barret though the Senate on a fast moving locomotive while presidential elections were already underway.

Yes Terry, and having a good look at Garland now as the head of the DOJ, we dodged a huge bullet. he's a total lunatic. We should all be thanking turkey neck.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Biden will replace him with 3 justices.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join