It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You guys can thank me later

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Using music to show your sarcasm is an excellent...

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Money bags Jo is floating the bill thanks to price hikes.

You do realize that money he's spending is our money, paid in the form of taxes, don't you? He 'gives' them to us, free of charge, then our insurance company 'gives' the money back to him.
Nothing the government 'gives' us is a free gift; we pay dearly- and top dollar+ - for everything we're 'gifted'.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Congratulations for helping to keep fear alive!

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Despite all of the negative crap I get I did not lie when I said I am on your side. I had a direct hand in this.
Maybe next time you want to talk crap just remember even though I may have a difference of opinion I still want what's best.
local news

"Group health plans and health insurance issuers that offer group or individual health insurance must cover over-the-counter COVID-19 tests starting today, Saturday, Jan. 15, according to the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID)""

Stocking the shelves at the Wal-Mart you work at dont count.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Despite all of the negative crap I get I did not lie when I said I am on your side. I had a direct hand in this.
Maybe next time you want to talk crap just remember even though I may have a difference of opinion I still want what's best.
local news

"Group health plans and health insurance issuers that offer group or individual health insurance must cover over-the-counter COVID-19 tests starting today, Saturday, Jan. 15, according to the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID)""

That was in our newspaper here too, our governor said everyone with insurance can get up to eight tests a month paid by their health insurance starting yesterday. That is ninety some bucks a month, for a family of four it is three hundred sixty four bucks a month for tests. So there go the insurance rates here in Michigan, up a hundred bucks a month for a single person. It is stupid, too much of our money is flowing to the medical and pharma industry. I would bet our governor or her relatives and friends bought a bunch of shares of stock in the companies that makes those tests.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I've got no valid reason except...because

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lord have mercy dear! You know? Me n you? I just keep pluggin along everyday. We cant stop our lives...yet, we have...so dont forget to keep moving.

And eat your veggies and watch for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Get outside!

Stay well, God love ya....Be good!
edit on 01220131America/ChicagoSun, 16 Jan 2022 13:43:01 -060043202200000001 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Whitmer comes from that blue cross and shield money....if you werent aware.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: rickymouse

Whitmer comes from that blue cross and shield money....if you werent aware.

I'm a yooper, every yooper is aware of that but a lot of liberals just blow it off as not related.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Here in NJ we can get test kits for free.

I thought it was the same for the rest of the country.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

local news

Stocking the shelves at the Wal-Mart you work at dont count.

I was just going to point out that even *if* the claim is true. The supplies of tests are so bad it's not like there are many tests around for any insurance company to have to pay for.

They don't have to pay for what doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what anyone has to thank him for. Free nothing is still nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Everything gets paid for by someone. Government doesn't give away anything. They redistribute what they already took from taxpayers. Insurance doesn't charge for tests now. But the cost, and a little extra, will find its way into the premiums. Or they just raise the price of other tests to offset the cost. There are limitless ways they can recoup the loss and it will all eventually come out of our pockets. Probably more than once. The insurance companies will get us, then our wonderful POTUS will say he has to raise taxes to support the free stuff initiatives he wants.

We are going to get screwed badly on this. But its ok. We can get tested for STD's, which we won't have to pay for....yet...

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599
The NHS is indeed a treasure - a far better way to pay than the existing alternatives.

Everyone pays a little, so that when you need help it doesn’t come with an enormous bill and an insurance company looking for a way not to pay.

Plus, though it’s not a great leverage to hold in the current two party paradigm con, the voters do have at least have a small threat of voting out the government if those taxes are too excessive. Even if there’s currently little difference between Labour and Tory (starmer’s an establishment lacky imho) an incoming team would need to at least feign empathy by addressing public grievances, before trying to u-turn those things by stealth throughout their tenure.

Our health system is by far the lessor of the evils, but it’s definitely not free. So long as you have a job you’re paying for it in national insurance taxes (which by the way is going up to pay for the vaccines etc.)

edit on 17-1-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just read all the threads and I'm lost. What exactly am I supposed to be thanking this stranger for? Some tests in a state I don't live in and would never use any way? Thanks. I think?

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Just read all the threads and I'm lost. What exactly am I supposed to be thanking this stranger for? Some tests in a state I don't live in and would never use any way? Thanks. I think?

Pretty much.

When I used to work in the business world - if the price to acquire an item rose through taxation or cost of goods.. it was passed on to the consumer. So raising taxes on big business will just make the average citizen have to spend more for the same items. The insurance companies are without a doubt going to raise premiums to more than cover this as soon as they are able to. Knowing how they generally work they will probably add additional fees to recoup from all the free and goodwill reductions as well.

Also in the UK your stuff isn't free man. You pay taxes or are taxed for those items. I know it sounds good to think it's free and you don't have to pay for it, but you are most definitely paying for it. Except you dont have a say in what you are paying for anymore. Kind of funny to actually brag about not understanding how taxation works. Subject gonna subject amirite?

edit on 17-1-2022 by Imperator2 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

In DC, the test is free if your kids brush Joe Biden's leg hair.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join