It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal Flaw Discovered in James Webb Telescope - It's the Hubble Fiasco All Over Again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have discovered a fatal flaw which NASA failed to keep in mind.

The reflective heat shield will reflect radiation into the primary and secondary mirrors making it USELESS due to multiple reflections of the heat shield on the MIRROR side !!!

Just to make it clear I am talking about the radiation from distant stars, galaxies on hitting the heat shield and bouncing
into the primary and secondary mirrors causing massive glare and multiple aberrations and distortions making it useless.

It seems NASA has done another hubble goof.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yeah........

Pretty sure they thought of that......

And you have no proof they didn't

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

I really hope that information is wrong. No space shuttle to fix the thing this time..and people have been waiting after delays and billions of dollars for the thing to work ! STUPID!

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I really hope that information is wrong. No space shuttle to fix the thing this time..and people have been waiting after delays and billions of dollars for the thing to work ! STUPID!

Who needs a space shuttle when we got photo shop 😬

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
phewww... U got me scared, I thought this was a NASA annoncment.
This is just a personal theroy, pretty sure they have thought about everything this time.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Sorry to be redundant with the rest of the posts but I am sure that, with all their mistakes, NASA is quiet capable of doing science stuff.

Unlike you looking at a picture or drawing, they simulate and model it.

If I can simulate material failures in Fusion360, then NASA for sure has a better tool that would do ray tracing on the surfaces of the panels and plot out all focus points and integrate that into the design iteration.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

the way the telescope is in space its back is to the sun and is in total darkness and cryogenic temps of like 7 kelvin

they have thought of it, and that is also why it has at least 4 layers of shielding and active cryogenic cooling

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

I doubt it that nobody ever thought of that during the 10 years development, specially after the Hubble problem.

Just to make it clear I am talking about the radiation from distant stars, galaxies on hitting the heat shield and bouncing into the primary and secondary mirrors causing massive glare and multiple aberrations and distortions making it useless.

I suppose that's one of the things they will look for during the calibration phase, as that radiation will be more or less constant and, as a consequence, relatively easy to compensate, in the same way some photo cameras compensate for dead/hot pixels in the sensor.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I really hope that information is wrong.

It's not real information, it's a theory.

No space shuttle to fix the thing this time..and people have been waiting after delays and billions of dollars for the thing to work ! STUPID!

IF true. Also, the Space Shuttle wouldn't be able to reach the location of the James Webb telescope.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It's pubes isn't. People just willy nilly swanning around with unkept pubes and they become statically bound to the mirrors.

God damn you nasa pubes, god damn you.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Yeh i think they might have covered that base championoftruth.

The shielding absorbs the energy of the radiation rather than bounce it off towards susceptible equipment.

James Webb Telescope is a great piece of kit mate, lets hope it does what it says on the tin.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

The reflective heat shield will reflect radiation into the primary and secondary mirrors making it USELESS due to multiple reflections of the heat shield on the MIRROR side !!!

Just to make it clear I am talking about the radiation from distant stars, galaxies on hitting the heat shield and bouncing
into the primary and secondary mirrors causing massive glare and multiple aberrations and distortions making it useless.

Nasa jobs

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

causing massive glare

I think you are grossly overestimating the light intensity of distant stars. Any random distant star light finding its way into the sensor will be much weaker than the light of the focused object collected by the huge mirror. I am pretty sure that any "glare" will be below sensor sensitivity.
edit on 13-1-2022 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Do you have a source for this, or this is your theory?

Better give NASA a heads up and prepare to join the team.

Congrats....unless you're mistaken.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Welp scrap the entire operation.
Send that SOB into the sun.
Let’s start again.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I can almost read the headline

‘ NASA does it again. Not blowing up astronauts, not filming the moon in a Hollywood basement.
Exclusive: How We Hubbled the James Webb.’

a reply to: ArMaP

edit on 13-1-2022 by Dalamax because: Cause correct ain’t auto

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Even if this does happen, would this extra radiation information effect, or simply put ‘muddy’ the infrared information the telescope is designed to see?

I guess it might, since radiation is heat, meaning infrared. However, as you may have gathered I haven’t a clue.

Asking for a friend

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

It's pubes isn't. People just willy nilly swanning around with unkept pubes and they become statically bound to the mirrors.

God damn you nasa pubes, god damn you.

Well thank you for this image!

edit on 13-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: Photo courtesy of nasa

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Welp scrap the entire operation.
Send that SOB into the sun.
Let’s start again.

Lmao!!😂😂

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link