It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal Flaw Discovered in James Webb Telescope - It's the Hubble Fiasco All Over Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

i recently was involved with the instillation of a set of RTG's on a government payload.

and it uses kind of the same tech as far as low temperature thermal vision around 7 kelvin

i don't know the mission i was going to preform i assume it was something that need a lot of power as the RTG's we installed would produce 1000's of continuous watts for over 20 years. and had what looked like were LARGE folding radar or millimeter stuff

the crazy part is it was pointed away from the earth.

they used a similar mylar shield to protect the imager to protect the thermals of the imager, apparently what i could pry out of fellow workers is that it will stay in the moons shadow, i would love to know why a classified sat was not looking at earth

what is there to classify about that other than maybe the resolution or some other part of the system is really advanced.

when we were doing the RTG instillation they had most of the thing covered but it was HUGE like a little small that an American yellow school bus.

i can see staying in the shadow of the moon to keep it as cold as possible, but i still don't know why its classified.

they even made us change into those funny government work clothing when we were working on the sat.

and it was there before we showed up to install as we were there months before hand to see hoe things were going and to test parts, so what ever its looking at i imagine that it is other far orbit satellites or something.

other wise classify it

maybe someone can enlighten me as to what you think they classified essentially a telescope not even pointed at earth

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Not the sun. The other side

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Nvm

edit on 1/13/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

Not the sun. The other side

You mean the "dark" side of the Sun?

Gotcha! Had some neighbors once who were from there. They were weird. We moved.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

Yeah they do it in software and change the parts that are going to make trouble. In the shields case that would be single panel alignment I can imagine.

I use a similar process to work out piston head surface detailing. If you do it right, the shockwave travels down the side of the pistons and makes the rings expand and seal up better, faster. Less blow by danger, more torque. The angle, offset and surface is different for each cylinder head design and geometry.

Like 5/10s a mm can make a difference if it does nothing, something, is durable or not... The same would be true for the folding panels, just that you can not influence the deploying like in a combustion engine.

Again, I am sure, no offense, smarter people than you and me figured this out. Especially after the last fiasco with hubble.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
phewww... U got me scared, I thought this was a NASA annoncment.
This is just a personal theroy, pretty sure they have thought about everything this time.

That's what I thought too. I admit my jaw dropped a little when I read the title, very happy to see its just BS.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Sounds like a really interesting job noscopebacon.

As to why certain aspects and technologies pertaining to James Webb Telescope are classified.

I don't really have i clue, if were to speculate i would say its in case the telescope observes something interesting that may be dangerous our influence our way of life in ways we have yet to imagine.

"They" like to control the narrative, point of fact they have to control our hearts and minds else we might decide to burn down some ivory towers.

80% of this world still subscribe to organised religious practices in one form or another, if say that scope manages to determine if there is life elsewhere in our universe that might piss off or upset a lot of people.

Again just speculation.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think I'll wait for the pictures before I panic...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hahah

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dammit, The billions NASA spent on research and develepment for this and all they needed was Adam from ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I know with all the mask "science" going around it seems like people in the industry are largely incomportent, but I think they got the telescopes.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

Just to make it clear I am talking about the radiation from distant stars, galaxies on hitting the heat shield and bouncing into the primary and secondary mirrors causing massive glare and multiple aberrations and distortions making it useless.

Don't you think that the concavity of the primary mirror will result in mostly the light (infrared) that is meant to follow the intended optical

I mean, the concave mirror is designed to grab a relatively narrow field of view (i.e., narrower than with a flat mirror and focus that light. Most of the light that would be striking that primary mirror after reflecting off the back of that sunshield would be striking the mirror at such an oblique angle that it will be reflect away from the secondary mirror.

Concave mirrors do so much better at focusing light coming straight at it rather than light striking it at an oblique angle.

Granted, the secondary mirror might get a a little bit of reflection from the back of the sunshield, but the secondary mirror does have a small light baffle around it to try to minimize that. Plus, the backside of the sunshield directly below the mirrors is slightly angled away from the mirrors, so I think reflections from the sunshield would ne minimized even more.

edit on 13/1/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Like what a satellite dish does? That sounds like a satellite dish, a concave mirror focusing the beam coming straight onto it, on a focal point in the middle of the imaginary center, if you would do a 360° version.

You read like you know stuff about such things so I thought I'd ask directly.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We should know within weeks if the theory of the OP is true or not. I would think that scientists would have compensated for this but who knows, sometimes they overlook things too, they are just human.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Sounds like a really interesting job noscopebacon.

As to why certain aspects and technologies pertaining to James Webb Telescope are classified.

I don't really have i clue, if were to speculate i would say its in case the telescope observes something interesting that may be dangerous our influence our way of life in ways we have yet to imagine.

"They" like to control the narrative, point of fact they have to control our hearts and minds else we might decide to burn down some ivory towers.

80% of this world still subscribe to organised religious practices in one form or another, if say that scope manages to determine if there is life elsewhere in our universe that might piss off or upset a lot of people.

Again just speculation.

its pretty regimented work and long unpaid hours.

the sat i was talking about wasn't the JWST, it was something that as far as i was concerned belonged to no one and had no mission.

and the only reason i got to 'see' it all covered up other than the parts we needed to get to had to be uncovered.

you want to see something cool(i don't know how you would see it) is hoe secret service office of secure transport(OST) works.

they had things in the air like drones and I'm sure a few satellites watching. The truck i was in would take a direct bomb blast and had lethal self defense measures and i was told it would survive a nuke attack if it wasn't super close.

they were not very chatty at all

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
"Fatal Flaw Discovered..." is a clickbait title to be throwing around when you have nothing to do with this incredible mission, no proof to back up your claim and a extremely disrespectfull attitude to the dedicated scientists and engineers that put this instrument together and launched it.

Certainly not an ATS attribute.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

the mirrors alone are an engineering and material science achievement most people don't even consider

i know people who worked on the telescope and they are some of the best engineers and optical scientists I've ever meet, I'm pretty smart and these guys were just so so so smart.

this telescope will open the universe up to us like we have never seen before and to even hope that something bad happens to the mission and make a thread with this title is dark and makes me wonder why some people want it to fail.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Sounds like the Far out Space Nuts are in charge of Risk Management.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: iso1111
www.youtube.com...
Sounds like the Far out Space Nuts are in charge of Risk Management.

I mean, only if the OP's wild speculation has any evidence behind it, which it doesn't.

I'm not saying it is impossible for NASA to screw up (we know empirically that they can), but just because someone comes up with a wildly speculative allegation that NASA screwed up this time doesn't mean that we should believe that allegation and say "Yeah, what a bunch of idiots at NASA."

edit on 14/1/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

This thread is a good example of how many people just read the title and assume it's true, unless it goes against their preconceived ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join