It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Feels N-95 Masks Are What We Should Have Worn All Along - May Soon Mandate N-95 for All.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Moot point and no need if all inhaled air is getting filtered.

ETA: Everyone wearing an N-95 and putting them on and taking them off properly on a constant basis in a real world setting is impossible.
edit on 11-1-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Moot point and no need if all inhaled air is getting filtered.

The mandates are to "protect others" and you couldent even use a proper mask with a 1 way valve

So not really a moot point considering that was the justification for 2 years

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I live in America and there is no Mandate and I haven't work a mask in basically a year. There may be state mandates where you live, no federal mandate, and this isn't a mandate either. There aren't enough N-95 to be mandated. We'd need 500 million to 1 billion masks per day.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I'm in Las Vegas we have had a mandate for 2 years

With the money we have tossed at this to no effect it could of been done if the goal was actually to prevent people from getting sick it actually could of been done

edit on 11-1-2022 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The rather informal data which I've never really hotly debated suggests about 100 000 000 000 of us have prospered along side our microbial kin for millions of years and despite the science being shoved down my throat by reputable sources like tmz masks aren't required. At this point you can pretty much chalk the masks up to burka training and culture genocide
edit on 11-1-2022 by ConcernedCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
the whole reason n-95 masks were not mandated in the first place, was that there were not enough of them, even for actual use by medical workers. in fact there was a world wide shortage of not just masks, but PPE for medical people as well. leaving hospitals everywhere scrambling since the didn't have those essential things.

so is this saying that not only is that shortage over, but that they now have the manufacturing capability to make over TEN BILLION masks a day? because with a world population of about eight billion people, that would be pretty much just enough to have one mask per day, per person.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So basically, close to a billion people or more have been wandering around in close proximity to each other for the past 2-1/2 years with no mask on at all...right? So by now the entire planet should be dead or near dead with covid, because all the masks everyone was wearing were worthless, or less than worthless...right? Whatever damage covid was going to do is should have done by now...right? (I suspect you can see where this is headed).

Now "they" want us to wear a mask which (debatably) is effective at preventing transmission of covid, an N95 mask. But...but...shouldn't we all be dead by now???? Oh wait!!...the "vaccine"! The "vaccine" saved us...right? Is that the same "vaccine" which has killed more people than a saline placebo, that one?? Oh no, wait....that was the 2nd "vaccine"...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! But millions didn't get the 1st OR the 2nd "vaccine", and only wore masks because that was the only way they were allowed outside, so shouldn't they all be dead now, minimally? No, no, no...that is the 3rd booster...right?

You din't need no steenking job! Relax! The government will pay your bills! Now go home and sit back on the couch...help is on the way.

Can't people see they are being as stupid as a bag of hammers through all this????

How long is it going to take people to realize this is all just one great big giant RUSE! It's a PLANDEMIC! Plain and simple.

If nobody wore a (effective) mask for 2-1/2 years and the population wasn't exterminated, then wearing a mask now damn sure isn't going to help a dang thing!!

It's so freaking obvious!! How is it that people can't wake up and see this???

YOU'RE BEING DUPED! PERIOD!

Forget 'why', it doesn't even really matter anymore. It's time to stand firm and say...NO! STOP! ENOUGH!! This is OVER!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I have been saying this since day 1. But the thing is... Even the N95% allows SARS/CoV-2 to get through because it allows 5% of the virus to get through. Even the N99 masks allow 1% of the virus to get through. So even if a person has an n99 mask and is close to someone with SARS/CoV-2 there is still a high chance the person wearing the N99 masks will get infected...

When you see experts, virologists, immunologists, etc, go to a place where they are trying to stop a pandemic because of a virus they use biological suits and oxygen tanks. That's the only way you can stop a virus infecting you and keep out viruses down to 0.01.

Here listen to this doctor state quite clearly why he wears a mask. You might be surprised.

Also make sure to listen to what he says about the N95 and other masks.

edit on 12-1-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
My friend said he has to wear a N95 mask in any military facility he is assigned, no more regular masks you normally see. If you don’t have one entering they give you one.

The military is often used for "testing things" before they're implemented in the general population. They've been practicing for what their guidance manual refers to as the "Zombie Apocalypse" too.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The only person to person transmission they are worried about is figuring out they are all criminal perverts.
"Don't make small talk!" Was on highway banners in Tn when this all started.
The higher priced masks will create lower amounts of people allowed in x situations.
Time to end this bs, or the people pushing it.

Good point. Want to reduce the number of people in certain locations? Require that they be vaccinated and wear N95 masks. I could see our Chicago mayor (Lori Lightfoot) adding the N-95 requirement to the Vaccination requirement, to finish off the beauty parlors. (They said there was nothing they could do for her.)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: TrollMagnet

A true N95 mask has an exhale valve and you need a completely smooth face for it to be effective, also it can only be used for I think 8 hours of continuous use.
They are only used to protect the person wearing it for a short period of time against certain air born particles. They can't even be used for asbestos, for that you need P100 or better, so what makes people think a virus can't get through N95?

I think the best protection is just wearing a surgical mask and not coughing or sneezing all over the place, which means, don't go out when you're sick!

So beards make the N-95 masks even less effective? Wow.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I was so upset at President Trump for not standing up for himself during the NBC Town Hall, after low-life heifer Savannah Guthrie yelled "That's a Lie!", when President Trump correctly pointed out that 85% of the people hospitalized with Covid-19 wore a mask most of the time, or all of the time, while in public.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: TrollMagnet

A true N95 mask has an exhale valve and you need a completely smooth face for it to be effective, also it can only be used for I think 8 hours of continuous use.
They are only used to protect the person wearing it for a short period of time against certain air born particles. They can't even be used for asbestos, for that you need P100 or better, so what makes people think a virus can't get through N95?

I think the best protection is just wearing a surgical mask and not coughing or sneezing all over the place, which means, don't go out when you're sick!

So beards make the N-95 masks even less effective? Wow.

that is what they say for any mask or respirator, unless it is specially made for a beard, such as a hood type that covers down to the neck. in fact this is a reason that is put forth for Hitler (and others), sporting that "toothbrush mustache" , that it was cut down from those old style, huge "handlebar mustaches" that were popular, especially in the military. that it was cut down to work in a gas mask in ww1, and people just kept them.

i have my doubts about that being the case, that a beard is a major issue with a mask. i used to have to wear a respirator mask when rustproofing cars. i wore a full beard at the time. they even did an unannounced "test" on me one day. i was told it was to show a manager from another facility how to put them on. so i put it on as per normal (and i always got a good seal even with the beard), and they without warning broke open a vile of something (apparently something like tear gas they use to test such things, that you can't help but to have an obvious reaction to), and waved it around and under the mask to check that it worked. even with the beard i had no problem, and passed, having no clue about what they were doing until after i removed the respirator and asked just WTF they had just done.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Didn’t Germany already try the medical grade mask mandates?

And now…

Coronavirus digest: Germany daily cases hit record levels

m.dw.com...

At what point do you think restrictions and mandates are insane when new records are being reached?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I was so upset at President Trump for not standing up for himself during the NBC Town Hall, after low-life heifer Savannah Guthrie yelled "That's a Lie!", when President Trump correctly pointed out that 85% of the people hospitalized with Covid-19 wore a mask most of the time, or all of the time, while in public.

what does it even matter that they wore masks? since wearing a mask was never about protecting the wearer of the mask, but to protect everyone FROM the wearer of the mask. it seem rather obvious that they most likely got the virus from one of the many people who refused to wear a mask, and was thus passing the virus onto everyone they interacted with.

and that would be the point of requiring everyone to wear an n-95 type mask, so the mask wearer IS protected from those who refuse to wear a mask. although since as i understand it an n-95 mask has a air release valve, without a filter on it, while it would protect the wearer, anyone not wearing such a mask would now be more at risk of getting the virus, since the mask at that point gives no protection against the wearer spreading the virus.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

and that would be the point of requiring everyone to wear an n-95 type mask, so the mask wearer IS protected from those who refuse to wear a mask. although since as i understand it an n-95 mask has a air release valve, without a filter on it, while it would protect the wearer, anyone not wearing such a mask would now be more at risk of getting the virus, since the mask at that point gives no protection against the wearer spreading the virus.

That is not entirely accurate. In the beginning, 'most' N95 masks had the exhalation vent you describe, and this was because the majority of these masks were used for construction, not medical purposes.

Now, there are N95 masks available which do not have this exhaust vent (and they're considerably more uncomfortable as a result. I know, I have a package of them that I bought at a hospital.) Don't get me wrong, if you didn't like a mask to begin with, you're REALLY not going to like one of these! And, they're really HOT too! They're like trying to breathe through a very heavy piece of cloth, and they have considerable resistance. I wore one...once! After about two hours the muscles in my ribs hurt from trying to breathe with that much resistance...IF they're worn correctly. If they're not worn correctly, they're just as worthless as any other mask.

This whole mask thing is absolutely criminal, IMHO! It's totalitarian torture!

edit on 1/12/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So basically, close to a billion people or more have been wandering around in close proximity to each other for the past 2-1/2 years with no mask on at all...right? So by now the entire planet should be dead or near dead with covid, because all the masks everyone was wearing were worthless, or less than worthless...right? Whatever damage covid was going to do is should have done by now...right? (I suspect you can see where this is headed).

Now "they" want us to wear a mask which (debatably) is effective at preventing transmission of covid, an N95 mask. But...but...shouldn't we all be dead by now???? Oh wait!!...the "vaccine"! The "vaccine" saved us...right? Is that the same "vaccine" which has killed more people than a saline placebo, that one?? Oh no, wait....that was the 2nd "vaccine"...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! But millions didn't get the 1st OR the 2nd "vaccine", and only wore masks because that was the only way they were allowed outside, so shouldn't they all be dead now, minimally? No, no, no...that is the 3rd booster...right?

You din't need no steenking job! Relax! The government will pay your bills! Now go home and sit back on the couch...help is on the way.

Can't people see they are being as stupid as a bag of hammers through all this????

How long is it going to take people to realize this is all just one great big giant RUSE! It's a PLANDEMIC! Plain and simple.

If nobody wore a (effective) mask for 2-1/2 years and the population wasn't exterminated, then wearing a mask now damn sure isn't going to help a dang thing!!

It's so freaking obvious!! How is it that people can't wake up and see this???

YOU'RE BEING DUPED! PERIOD!

Forget 'why', it doesn't even really matter anymore. It's time to stand firm and say...NO! STOP! ENOUGH!! This is OVER!

You see my friend trying to understand this is kind of like this…

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wear a full p100 respirator for 8+ hours a day at work for welding, and I have a beard, most of the time, trimmed, not bushy. I've been fit tested with and without the beard, every time I do it with my beard I can smell the fit testing stuff. If that happens it means it's already too late if you're looking for a good fit.

Those type of masks with an exhale valve work off negative pressure, hence why a true n95 has one, because it creates the vacuum needed when breathing in through the woven fibers and the seal around the mask, it usually has a thin almost glue like membrane that wears out with sweat and such.

I also have a 3M vented hood, which is a little complex and somewhat bulky but gives me pretty much 99.9% protection against welding fumes, I use it for galvanized steel or if I'm welding everyday for like a week.

Proper ppe only truly works if you're in the prime conditions, it just lessons the chances of harm to yourself, that's pretty much the take away.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yeah, but I'll bet your welding hood is a positive airflow device too, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: strongfp

Yeah, but I'll bet your welding hood is a positive airflow device too, isn't it?

Most of the gear he’s talking about don’t work so well in the field depending on the job, my suspicion is he’s a shop welder probably a fitter. I’m a welder for more then 10 years now and a welder/ machinist for about 5. I have used some of the gear he’s talking about like the 3m speed lens with it’s on vac hood that seals around your neck with a filtered breather and some other things. He’s right about them being bulky, if your welding in a bell hole in the corner of a ditch 12 ft down none of that #s going to help you X-ray 100% of the time and none of it for what it costs will survive more then a week.

On the other hand in a shop, the # is great 👍🏾

Edit:
I just saw Strongfp said at the bottom of his post only in prime conditions about the gear, that was an oversight of mine and my post was trying to illustrate that point… the gear needs the right conditions but when you got them they are awesome pieces of gear
edit on 12-1-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join