It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Voice I've Heard in Forever Greta Van Fleet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The sound coming out of this guy is unreal. Seriously one of the best voices I've heard in I don't know how long.
This music is just moving listen all the way through.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Only band post-2000 I listen to, very Zeplinesque so much so they had better hide their girlfriends from Page.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Only band post-2000 I listen to, very Zeplinesque so much so they had better hide their girlfriends from Page.

Yes very, but can I say I like this group more, something about that lead singer.... I don't know what it is but I told my daughters God made him a little little man because if he was tall he could take over the world. I just want to nuzzle him in my bosom 😂🤣😲.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds a little like Geddy Lee (Rush). Not always, but sometimes.

I don't know what I was expecting, just based off his appearance, but whatever I was expecting was definitely different from what I heard. (if that makes any sense)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Discovered this band months ago from Youtube and was blown away from the lead singer voice. Hated Led
Zeppelin in my youth in the 80's. More into punk music and never gave Led Zeppelin a chance. Today, i love
Zeppelin and bands from that generation. Greta Van Fleet are the closes you're going to get Led Zeppelin today.
Love them or hate them they pull off that vibe from that generation....

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I mentioned them a while back, I've yet to hear a song performed by them I didn't like, they are good damn good. Amazingly the millennials were a tad upset with the Zeppelin comparisons from their parents, even though it is the ultimate compliment not to mention a few early covers were Zeppelin Tunes.

It's not a compliment I throw around lightly either, can't think of a previous up and coming band that became popular the was so Zeppelinesque at the start.

Guns and Roses, The Black Crows were excellent but I wouldn't say they were like Zeppelin, just they may have had similar trajectories.

These guys do besides Plant mentioned them as a favorite in an interview probably didn't help matters..

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ok yeah that 2nd song is definitely more like Zeppelin.

eta: and the 3rd one.
edit on 1/9/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steadydietofnothing

Discovered this band months ago from Youtube and was blown away from the lead singer voice. Hated Led
Zeppelin in my youth in the 80's. More into punk music and never gave Led Zeppelin a chance. Today, i love
Zeppelin and bands from that generation. Greta Van Fleet are the closes you're going to get Led Zeppelin today.
Love them or hate them they pull off that vibe from that generation....

My older brother and sisters got me into Zeppelin cause they were always playing their stuff, Black Sabbath too.

but these guys are so professional at such an early age they can go as far as they want

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Ok yeah that 2nd song is definitely more like Zeppelin.

Check out Safari Song

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

but these guys are so professional at such an early age they can go as far as they want

Yes! They are young and their natural talent, the vocals.... we are watching stars in the making...

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yes, amazing voice. They don't like being compared to Zeppelin, but his Robert Plant like voice is really hard to ignore. I'd think being compared to one of the most popular bands of all time as a compliment. Great music and they are so young, they have a lifetime of amazing things ahead of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes very good voice and old school sound.

Their hometown is Frankenmuth Michigan, which is about 20 minutes away from me.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I looked them up on Discogs. www.discogs.com...

Apparently, 3 of them are brothers. (not the drummer)

Hard Rock band from Frankenmuth, Michigan (USA).

The band was formed in 2012 by brothers Joshua "Josh" Kiszka, Samuel "Sam" Kiszka, Jacob "Jake" Kiszka and Kyle Hauck. Hauck subsequently left the band, in Oct. 2013 and was replaced by Daniel "Danny" Wagner the same year. The band name was created when one of its members heard a relative mention Gretna Van Fleet, a resident of Frankenmuth; the variation on her name is used with her blessing.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Yes very, but can I say I like this group more, something about that lead singer.... I don't know what it is but I told my daughters God made him a little little man because if he was tall he could take over the world. I just want to nuzzle him in my bosom 😂🤣😲.

I hope you have enough space for two, otherwise, his identical twin brother, Jake, will be jealous...

Josh and Jake Kiszka

It's a family affair with two other brothers, but one dropped out and was replaced.

This may be the reason they work great together, like the Bee Gees or the Jackson family.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I thought of Getty Lee as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Now I see why they are compared to zeplin. Good band.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

Yep they sure are, I live in Muth, I remember it was a big deal when they first came onto the scene.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Frodo got the band back together!

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

To be honest, that was my first thought too, the curls the height, the barefootness, my mind went straight to Frodo, but once he started sing… Lord have Mercy!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Bahahaha!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join