It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

safemoon troubles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
no comms back from safemoon support, and balance still zero.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And just to confirm,
You went to the safemoon . Net page.
Clicked consolidate to V2.
Then this page got brought up.
Swap safemoon

You connected your wallet,
And swapped Safemoon to SFM

You were asked to provide what ever the gas was in BNB for the transaction.
You confirmed.
And hit swap.
edit on 7-1-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: network dude

And just to confirm,
You went to the safemoon . Net page.
Clicked consolidate to V2.
Then this page got brought up.
Swap safemoon

You connected your wallet,
And swapped Safemoon to SFM

You were asked to provide what ever the gas was in BNB for the transaction.
You confirmed.
And hit swap.

No, I had already downloaded the safemoon wallet. So I copied the address from safemoon, inside the wallet, and went to my trust wallet, and sent the safemoon to that address, just as I did with the BNB prior to that. I didn't know if I'd need BNB for anything there, so I moved $10 over just to make sure the wallet worked.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just made an account to post this as fellow sfm hodler. (bought early early March, dropped a couple of ETH into it and took profit at ATH that would buy me a house if I would care to do so, just short of a million which is sad as that would've been fun).

Since 24th (I think, just before Xmas at least) the old V1 can not be traded or transferred anymore. Well you can but instead of the usual 10% tax it is 100% tax now. So basically making a transfer to any address is burning your coins.

You can migrate without any issue or tax (just a regular txfee though).

Reading your post it seems like you transferred your V1 coins from your initial wallet to the safemoon wallet instead of importing your keys into their new wallet. Which means you burned your coins. (For migration you don't have to use their wallet but can simply use their swap. Their wallet does not bring anything special tbh).

It's a dumb decision of that team and (in my opinion) shows the team is not professional or has a cryptocurrency background.

I'm not a fan of projects on the BSC chain, but when profit looms I would dip in any way. But then again even top coins have their issues both seen and unseen. Cryptocurrencies are my main source of income both as trader and regular job (as far as crypto offers regular jobs). It's always a risk, not only in volatility but mainly counterparty risks. So throw some dough at a project and take profit early of a decent size of your bag and live to trade another day.

Hope your loss wasn't too big.

edit on 7-1-2022 by JustARandomNoob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I currently hold xrp and hope this lawsuit will be in Ripple’s favor for all crypto in the U.S

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JustARandomNoob

thanks for the post. That makes sense. As far as the loss, I went into safemoon knowing it may or may not turn into something, so the loss is sort of expected, but this way seems like someone screwed up. It's not a real coin and there were no warnings this was going to happen. I just feel a bit cheated.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So there was no warning that this would happen. There was no advertisement that if you transferred your coins, you would loose them all. This sounds like a lawsuit situation. So now I need to find out if I'm the only one this happened to. And to date, I have not heard back from support. They are likely too busy counting their new money. Assholes.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
there is a redit thread about this (several) and someone collecting data on who got scammed. Not sure if that will help anyone, but at least folks are looking at this from a lawsuit perspective.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join