It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

safemoon troubles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you have safemoon, you are in for some trouble. They recently came out with their own wallet, which should have been a good thing. Now the news is they are changing to a new version, a 2.0.

I'll explain my troubles, and hope it saves you from not having the same. On advice, I tried to transfer my existing safemoon to the new safemoon wallet. That was supposed to be the process. I had to buy some BNB smart chain to have enough "gas" to make the transaction. Once the transfer happened, my balance went to 16.some numbers. So that was likely the amount sent back to be as a holder as the transaction happened. My initial transfer took place, there are blockchain references confirming the transfer, but now I have zero. I tried moving the 16 and some odd coins I had left to see if somehow that would unlock it, and it disappeared as well. Currently, my safemoon wallet shows an amount of .000000002.

I have no idea what the correct way to do this is, but I can tell you that this is not the correct way, and you don't need to lose it all, as I did.

This is kind of a rant/bitch session, as I'm irritated over the loss. But I'm more irritated that others likely will have the same issue and this will likely make some idiot rich. Be careful what you do, and who you trust.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I had a friend who had similar.

Lesson learned? Don't gamble on s**t coins and scam coins. I don't care what anybody says about "solid fundamentals", Safemoom is not a coin of the future.

That said, last year with Safemoon I turned £200 into £2,000 profit and withdrew, that was when gas was 40%. Friend of mine ended up about £20k up off it.

But for every Safemoom there's a rug pull waiting to bite you. Scam coins are high risk get rich quick schemes.

Only my uneducated opinion learned the hard way. I have:

BTC
Eth
Ada
LTC
Matic
Sol

Gonna get rid and transfer a load into Crypto top 20 tracker this year. Keep only BTC and ETH.
edit on 6-1-2022 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Most of mine is in solid coins with purpose. But safemoon was not one I banked on being real, I just hoped. Losing it this way it more irritating than having it just go to zero. I feel like someone out there got it somehow. Though I haven't a clue how.

But thanks for rubbing it in, helps greatly!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Question for you,
Did you manually add their new V2 coin address to the wallet?
It should say SFM now,
Not safemoon. I have like 4800 safemoon v1 left over, that didn’t get swapped for some reason.

I downloaded the safemoon wallet, but I kept it all in my Trust wallet.
I just sent my safemoon to their website to swap for V2.
It went from a couple hundred million coins down to a hundred thousand - which I expected because they did a 10 to 1 exchange or something like that for their v2. Coin.

But I left the coins on my T.W and they will stay there, for the time being.
I heard some other people ran into similar issues.
My coins didn’t even show up for 3 days.
I’m not sure if it was due to network congestion or what.

But I was talking with someone a few days ago and they said they submitted their coins to the website for the exchange and they still haven’t shown up.

edit on 6-1-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If they take days to show up, that's fine, but I sure wasn't told that anywhere in the process. As of now, it looks like I'm sh!t out of luck. But I transferred all of it to the new safemoon wallet. I've transferred crypto a few times, so I am aware of the process, but this sucked badly.

I now have a glimmer of hope that somehow my lost coins will show back up somewhere sometime. So that is something. Thanks for that. It wasn't my life's fortune, but 500 million was a little bit of scratch. If it comes back, I'll open a good bottle and have a large pour. In your honor of course. If not, I'll spend the rest of my days plotting how I will destroy the one's responsible. Them. Those people. That guy.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kind of glad I never got into safemoon. I only have one alt token. I'm looking at another though and they look promising but there are so many rug pulls you have to be careful so I haven't decided yet to pull the trigger. They did a live AMA session on youtube and that went well. It hasn't even launched yet. Figured I'd pass that along to you since you're into this stuff.

www.scratchengine.com

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

NoMoon.

I always try to xfer a small amount initially, but of course high gas fee coins and tokens that require a minimum burn per transaction make that potentially expensive. I would contact the wallet support with transaction ID, yada yada. If you want to email me a link to the transaction data (is safemoon open transactions, can you even link it?) I will look at it. Does BNB require you to set gas limits? It shouldn't be burning safemoon for gas if it was requiring another token.

Either way, if there was a confirmation then the tokens shouldn't just disappear. They're somewhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The SFM guys were on vacation for a bit, but they are back now.
I would contact their support asap to confirm.

On a side note: we just listed Ep 3. Taking your suggestions into account as well!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Very true.
We should be able to track them down.
But opening a support ticket is gonna be priority number 1

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah I really hope you can track them and maybe even get them back. I hate when people lose money.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

just sent you what I have. Many thanks to all.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveT
Yeah I really hope you can track them and maybe even get them back. I hate when people lose money.

me too, but especially when it's me.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hahah for sure!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

just sent you what I have. Many thanks to all.

BTR is up 20% on the day, new yield farming hub up to 200%APY announced with 0 risk, all backed by whichever project you farm. Same concept as the piggy lock-up investment, but much higher return. Pretty much destroying everything else on this rebound.

If you salvage your SafeMoon you can always roll it into BTR. I think .32 is still a good buy.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Question for you,
Did you manually add their new V2 coin address to the wallet?
It should say SFM now,
Not safemoon. I have like 4800 safemoon v1 left over, that didn’t get swapped for some reason.

I downloaded the safemoon wallet, but I kept it all in my Trust wallet.
I just sent my safemoon to their website to swap for V2.
It went from a couple hundred million coins down to a hundred thousand - which I expected because they did a 10 to 1 exchange or something like that for their v2. Coin.

But I left the coins on my T.W and they will stay there, for the time being.
I heard some other people ran into similar issues.
My coins didn’t even show up for 3 days.
I’m not sure if it was due to network congestion or what.

But I was talking with someone a few days ago and they said they submitted their coins to the website for the exchange and they still haven’t shown up.

"It went from a couple hundred million coins down to a hundred thousand - which I expected because they did a 10 to 1 exchange or something like that for their v2".

That wouldn't be a ten to one swap. A million at ten to one would be a hundred thousand.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I just use coinbase. I don't have the patience to deal with experimentation.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I stupidly sent $150 worth of CEL to my TrustWallet to use for scam coins but now it is stuck there and gas fees to buy ETH, send ETH and resend CEL mean it is impossible.

Look on the bright side, BTC is set to tank in 2022 so maybe buy some more and hold it for a few years.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What’s the word?
Any good news?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Looked into it a little. Check out their Twitter page: mobile.twitter.com...

They had some updated instructions on there.

ETA: Like the second comment down they have a line diagram on how to migrate depending on the wallet you have or if you have the app.
edit on 6-1-2022 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Same so far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join