It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sets himself/car on fire ,horrifying diners while screaming about Vic's Covid-19 vaxx mandate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Man sets himself/car on fire in front of horrified diners while screaming about Victoria's Covid-19 vaccine mandates. That's twice Australia? what gives? that's an incredibly painful ordeal.

Lydia O'Connor was having dinner at a nearby restaurant when she heard the man screaming.

'He poured gas on himself and on his car. It was on purpose,' Ms O'Connor told the publication.

'He was screaming about mandates. He was screaming "no vax ID" and throwing books.'

www.newyorker.com...

Why? What motivated them? I put the question to any number of historians of self-immolation, but the best answer came from a scholar based in Washington, D.C., Timothy Dickinson. “Fire is the most dreaded of all forms of death,” he said, so “the sight of someone setting themselves on fire is simultaneously an assertion of intolerability and, frankly, of moral superiority. You say ‘I would never have the guts to do that. It’s not that he’s trying to tell me something, but that he’s commanding me.’ This isn’t insanity. It’s a terrible act of reason.”

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Why? What motivated them?

There are folks who have lost everything due to COVID mandates
They feel they have no hope left .
Very bad position the governments of the world are crushing the common citizens with .

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I blame long term use of masks and you're going to see a lot more of this in the months ahead.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry...I'm losing all feeling and sympathy for mainstream humanity anymore. So....

Fire? ... COOL!!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

This isn’t reason. It’s a terrible act of insanity.”

Fixed it for you.

Terrible acts of reason is what happens when you sacrifice one life to save three and it's only acceptable if that life is your own. If a man simply burns to send a message, the message is that he is unstable and a danger to himself.

edit on 1-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well now he's out one more hope.
He no longer has the hope that he won't catch fire.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

Well now he's out one more hope.
He no longer has the hope that he won't catch fire.

No. Most likely the belief of no hope was the factor.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Fixed it for you.

Terrible acts of reason is what happens when you sacrifice one life to save three and it's only acceptable if that life is your own. If a man simply burns to send a message, the message is that he is unstable and a danger to himself.

You have no understanding , do you ?

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Fixed it for you.

Didn't need "fixing" it's here to promote discussion, and before you get all pert and snippy the article is from 2010.

You can obviously pass it off as crazy, as you casually just did, but this article suggests there is more to it. It's not just that's its crazy, but those with issues, feel so helpless or trapped that this extreme measure seems like all they can do. Mental health issues from restrictions and mandates is it really so different than say claustrophobia or other irrational fears and phobias

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No. Most likely the belief of no hope was the factor.

See IDK for me hope is never ever gonna be a factor in the red or
[n the positive. I don't care if I live the rest of my life and never
see the slightest hope ever again. I won't miss it enough to torch
my self.
edit on 1-1-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

I blame long term use of masks and you're going to see a lot more of this in the months ahead.

Sadly, in Japan woman are committing suicide more then covid deaths currently. Also, the mental health departments are at an all time high at govt. ran hospitals. It's a sad situation in this country.
What most of you don't know is that if one has a life insurance policy and has it over a certain time and that person commits suicide, the insurance company pays out. Yep, they sure do.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I never understand why someone is angry/distraught enough to take themself out, but not take a person who caused the situation which made them angry/distraught, with them.

edit on 1/2/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yep, they sure do.

No way I would've ever guessed that one.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Forgot this from 1963

You said

If a man simply burns himself to send a message, the message is that he is unstable and a danger to himself.

Clearly you don’t know history, or the acts in which people commit to send “the message”. Especially when all other channels are blocked or censored.

This loop has gotten burdensome; hopefully in the near future, we break from this “Mass Formation Psychosis”

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This shows the precipice people are arriving at especially in countries like Australia where the covidcommies have been running amok. It is the ultimate form of self-sacrifice, an attempt to make one's death have meaning in a world where no meaning is left in living.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I never understand why someone is angry/distraught enough to take themself out, but not take a person who caused the situation which made them angry/distraught, with them.

Because they're not angry at a single person, or even a small group of people.

They feel it is the system as a whole that screwed them over, and they are still aware that taking all of their anger/frustration/hatred/whatever out on a specific person would not bring them any sort of justice or gratification.

That would just be one more injustice to toss on the pile, which would be unfair to someone else.

They may be driven to do certain irrational acts upon themselves, but that doesn't mean they can't still think rationally about certain things.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm sorry...I'm losing all feeling and sympathy for mainstream humanity anymore. So....

Fire? ... COOL!!

I'm not a mental health professional but I play one on ATS.
That doesn't sound like yourself.
Take a few days off for yourself.
Get a long walk in the woods.
Go hunting, split wood.
Enjoy an open fire with family and friends.
But always come back when you feel refreshed.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

....It is the ultimate form of self-sacrifice, an attempt to make one's death have meaning in a world where no meaning is left in living.

Maybe trying to get others to realize that they too could end up in that situation, and attempting to scare them into making the changes that need to be made before they reach that point themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

This worked in the past. As you can see here in replies some people are pretty much laughing.
Man should avoid victim mentality and commit an epic arson instead.
The main obstacle is the conscience, religious beliefs (except for muslims) and paradoxically fear that is stronger than fear of death. Maybe lack of hate and anger.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Who would have thought Australia would turn into a country where its citizens would do this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join