It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And for the record, it's not that I refuse to wear one. I've stated that I do where it's required although I tend to avoid going to those places as much as possible even going so far as to drive out of my way to go to places with no mask mandate.

However, when I have the choice, I do not choose to wear one.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't wear a mask because I'm not a follower. I've asked questions and pointed out contradictions with the mandates, yet I don't get an answer. When I can use basic reasoning to tear apart an argument, I definitely won't follow the people pushing the stance.

Fyrebyrd, you're definitely a follower I can easily disregard. My liberties end in public? Hahahahaha. I'm sure you know all about free dumb.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm back wearing the mask again when in the stores. What bothers me is those who do not wear a mask (none of my business) and cough and sneeze with their mouths wide open (definitely my business).
Also, there is simply no need to stand right behind anyone when on line, I always stand back several feet, but that is being ingnored as well.
What happened to courtesy, common sense, and just plain manners??

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AverageWang

I'd say 99% of the population doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

99% of the population have not been fit tested, thus negating the efficacy of masks.

People wearing masks are often touching their faces before and after donning masks, negating the efficacy of masks.

Masks are a symbol of obedience and virtue signaling.

This is 110% correct on all points .

Reusing the same mask over and over like 99% of people do is so completely ridiculous .

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The mask keeps a sneeze from becoming airborne in public/protection against body fluids sprayed during surgery.
I'm not in surgery, or about to sneeze on you. I'm not a threat.

Have a beneficent new year!
🙏❤

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Never had to as there were no mask mandates here.
A few businesses and doctor's offices required one.
And those few businesses haven't required one for 6 months now .
So ,the question for me is moot .

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And for the record, it's not that I refuse to wear one. I've stated that I do where it's required although I tend to avoid going to those places as much as possible even going so far as to drive out of my way to go to places with no mask mandate.

However, when I have the choice, I do not choose to wear one.

Suppose I should clarify myself as well, I am mandated to suffocate myself at work and the usual suffocation mandating places. When given the option of no consequence to freely choose to not suffocate myself, I do not.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

i got the shots,so i dont wear one anymore unless i HAVE TO. WHy? because i can.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
I'm back wearing the mask again when in the stores. What bothers me is those who do not wear a mask (none of my business) and cough and sneeze with their mouths wide open (definitely my business).
Also, there is simply no need to stand right behind anyone when on line, I always stand back several feet, but that is being ingnored as well.
What happened to courtesy, common sense, and just plain manners??

I don’t wear a mask, but if somebody is wearing one, I give them a wide birth and never stand close out of respect for them. I don’t mock others who have concerns.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

That's pretty much where I'm at. I don't, but I'll respect those that do. Respect my choice, and I respect your choice. Full stop.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'll wear a mask if required but avoid places where they're required. I thought the mask was to keep the infected droplets that are large enough for the mask to catch. How did it suddenly become some great protection from covid. Microscopic droplets hang in the air and masks aren't going to stop them. It's a feel good measure at best. I like to think of it as pouring sand thru chicken wire, doesn't do much of anything. Add in most of the masks worn don't seal tight so people are breathing around them. Again does nothing. I was at a hotel over the last few days. I found it hilarious to see the maskers get up early to hit the breakfast first. They get their food amd socially distance, then sit down to eat in a crowded area and remove the mask. And they wouldn't get on an elevator with an unmasked person but perfectly fine getting in after they left. Did the virus infected air leave with them? Just completely ridiculous all around and I don't want to be part of it. And yes, I do occasionally intentionally cough in stores near the terrified masked people when I need a good laugh. If you're that terrified of covid stay home because the mask isn't going to protect you.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If the masks actually did what they were supposed to do, stop transmission of the virus, that would be one thing. But we all know the masks do not stop transmission of the virus, to or from the person wearing the mask.

We stand six feet apart while in line at the airport just to get on a plane and spend the next few hours literally touching the people on either side of us. Breathing the same air from the same people literally shoulder to shoulder with us for hours at a time makes the masks pointless. I know that makes no sense. You know it. We all know it. But we do it anyway because it is mandated.

We know the masks most people wear do nothing to prevent the spread of covid. Even N-95 masks will let the virus slip through. And those are a hundred times better than the bandana/handkerchief many people are using. We know the masks are not working but we wear them anyway because they are mandated.

Children in school wear masks with the middle filter part cut out so they can play musical instruments in band class. What good is a mask with the filter part cut out? None, that's what. I know it does nothing. You know it does nothing. They know it does nothing. But we do it anyway because it is mandated.

We stand six feet apart in line at a restaurant only to go inside, sit together, and take our masks off in a big room full of other people who have also removed their masks. Then, when we leave and go outside, in the fresh air, we put the masks back on. I know this does nothing. You know this does nothing. Everyone knows this does nothing but we do it anyway because it is mandated.

We know most people do not wear masks properly. That limits their effectiveness. We know most masks are not sufficient to stop transmission of the covid virus even when they are worn properly. We know most infections result from tactile exposure delivered to mucous membranes or open wounds. Masks are minimally effective at preventing this type of transmission. We all know it isn't working but we do it anyway because it is mandated.

At some point someone will have to ask the question, "Why are governments continually mandating things known to be ineffective in the battle against covid?"

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A Reply to Loveguy:

The mask keeps a sneeze from becoming airborne in public/protection against body fluids sprayed during surgery.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karen657

Me too. I wear a mask if I'm in a crowd like the grocery store or if I'm going to be with a group for a prolonged period like in a waiting room.
I don't wear it in my car. Or outdoors. I don't wear it in a restaurant.
But when I'm surrounded by the unwashed masses you bet your ass I wear one.
I haven't had a cold in two years!

One of these things does not mean the other.

Masks are not going to stop you getting sick if you are around someone who is infectious. They are to stop YOU from spreading infected particulate to others. That's it. Then stop YOU spreading things.

When you see a surgeon operating, he/she's wearing a mask. Do you think it's so they don't catch whatever their patient has once they cut them open, or do they wear one - a medical grade one - to stop them coughing or breathing a contagion into the patient?

The masks they hand out at stores or that you buy in bulk, are useless. They do nothing, except show you're willing to do whatever you're told, when told. They've caused more anxiety than the damn virus has, with all the busy bodies floating around harassing and attacking people not wearing masks.

This entire pandemic fiasco is a big long con. Conditioning everyone to be corralled. And the cattle are falling for it, lie, mask and vaccine.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

surgeons wear face mask to prevent them from contracting blood borne viruses as well as to prevent patients from getting a virus from them.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Why do you mention a Tavern ? A Freudian Slip there Maybe ? Hmm... My Supreme Creator Formed me into an Oxygen Breather to inhabit this particular Planet , and Blessed me with a Face that has Many Ways to Communicate with my Fellow Humans . Why would I Choose to Hide it and make me somewhat Less than Human for the sake of a Unnatural Belief in Life Threatening Viruses that my Body comes Equipped with to Handle with my Immune System if Need be ? Silly Idea IMO.....*)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I haven't worn a mask anywhere and I haven't gotten sick.

This is a manufactured crisis.

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I happen to believe trapping extra heat and humidity in my lungs is unhealthy for me. The masks do very little to slow transmission. I think people that are concerned should limit their social engagements and public outings. When I go on a diet I don't force everyone else to join me, I suggest everyone deals with their health concerns as they choose, but do not infringe on my liberties

Good idea. Don't want up deal with the unmasked, then stay home, chickensh-t.
edit on 12/31/2021 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I haven’t read any responses but has anyone said because they don’t work and are stupid?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Because it is not healthy and it is a symbol of slavery.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70
Yes

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join