It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

My liberties end when you come and end them by force. It's not going to happen.

I remember the news saying wear them for other people's emotions.
That was classic.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So entitled.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: AverageWang

Happy New Year and love to you as well!

Though none of these following directly effect me, I'll add a few harmful effects of masks:

All the gains hearing impaired get from lip and expression reading is gone--further isolates people with this disability.
Infants/toddlers need facial expressions to develop and socialize.
We all could use some expressiveness and connection but I'll stop there.

There are work arounds for both these situations. And yes - children need to learn facial expressions but they learn more from your reactions to other people. Kindness and consideration are important to learn as well. Learn some basic ASL. What can you give to the community to help during this difficult time?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No one has forced you to leave your house

Why we even have speshalised facilities to hold people who think others are a danger to them

Your also free to put on a real mask that would protect you

Odd that you demand others do something for your safty that you could accomplish on your own

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Learn sign language?
Lol
Any other great insight?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I wear a mask if it is required, grocery store, barber shop, etc. I take it off whenever I can.

One of the primary reasons is that it fogs my glasses.

Me too - but there is a weird solution if you are interested. Try double masking - a disposal mask underneath a cloth mask that fits better. Worked for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AverageWang
But I'm slightly different on the mask situation. We know at the very very least that they are not harmful to use, and regardless of what you believe the benefits of them are, if you know they aren't harmful, why don't you wear one in public places?

Because, contrary to your false presumptions,

a) masks are most certainly harmful to the wearer for multiple reasons, but primarily, except for very short term use (a few minutes, no more), they reduce oxygen blood saturation/increases CO2 saturation, and they act as petri dishes for all kinds of nasty bacteria, etc etc. - and

b) there are now multiple studies that show they are essentially useless to the claimed purpose of stopping the spread.

So, no, you are wrong, there is ZERO science behind the claimed reasons, and very sound science debunking the false claims.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

Exactly. If you're not thoroughly washing your hands every time you take off or put on the mask you are simply pressing a petri dish against your face.

Learning how to take off a mask (by the ear piece) and not touching the body takes care of that potential problem. Washing masks and hands helps too. Basic hygiene folks.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Learn sign language?
Lol
Any other great insight?

I didn't say learn ASL - just to learn enough to be kind.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I only wear it were it has been mandated, in the stores. I don't feel the need otherwise, don't wear one outside, or driving, nor with unvaxxed friends(maybe 2 people..3 if you include my housemate..lol) at my house.
edit on 31-12-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Honestly, the middle finger is the only sign you deserve.

Do crazy stuff and play the sane one some more.

How original

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Because I'm neither sick nor am I a surgeon.
Oxygen deprivation is for kinky people anyway.

The only reason I can see that you would be oxygen deprived would be poor lung capacity. And that is a separate issue.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

A mask is apparel for those who find the need to sacrifice unnecessarily in order to promote a misguided sense of virtue because of an utter refusal to see beyond their own fears and misunderstandings. It is the red sash of the socially indoctrinated and acquiescent.
In my opinion.

And no, I don't, haven't, nor will not, bend to fear, guilt, shame, propaganda, or any combination of the like.
Fear if you want, I haven't the time nor inclination.

edit on 13Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:54:17 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb202112America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Better word things

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

One. Only you can control how the personal protective equipment like a mask will protect you. This social protective equipment angle with cheap cloth masks not made to hold slobber and snot for a whole work shift / school day is BS

Two. As I been taught in the military and industry. A mask that doesn’t seal is useless. I would say populated cities during the pandemic were biological hot spots. Could you imagine a military rolling into a biological hot spot with only masks made from used t-shirts?

Three. As highlighted by the recommendation for individuals not to wear N-95 masks with exit /exhalation valves that result in unfiltered breath slipping by. Poor fitting masks that allow slippage that don’t seal give the same effectiveness.

Four. Masks that are effective do impact how a person breaths.

OSHA Requirements for Occupational Use of N95 Respirators in Healthcare

oshareview.com...

Medical evaluation/clearance to determine if users are physically fit to wear a respirator.

Five
Engineering controls are to be used first, PPE is only last case scenario, schools and business that require masks with no effort to improve ventilation is BS, and against OSHA standards.

How airborne is Covid-19? Like cigarette smoke spreading in a room, says expert
www.hindustantimes.com...

Six.
No proper waste stream. I get stuck behind trash trucks on the way to work. With dust, drips, sludge, spray coming off the trucks. Think about all the used diapers, tissues, masks inside. I think it’s criminal it seems no effort/studies were done on how trash and it’s lack if control might have contributed to the spread of covid.
edit on 31-12-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am claustrophobic and I've always had real trouble with stuff over my face, especially tightly. If it's below zero degrees F outside, I'll still be the one without a scarf because it bothers me that much. If I fall asleep and later on get blankets pulled over my face, I've been known to wake up in a panic because of it.

Between the two issues, I tend to end up hyperventilating a lot with a mask, and I've had a few outright panic attacks.

So I tend to not wear one unless I absolutely have no other choice.

My son, on the other hand, has a hearing disorder and tends to rely in part on reading lips in order to communicate. For him, a mask is a bar to communication. It's not as bad once he's familiar with a person's voice, but when interacting with strangers, a mask makes things much more difficult for him. He feels as if he's been partially locked out of the world for the past two years.

This that Ketsuko said.

Hated stuff on my face since I was a kid as it meant rebreathing air and I'd feel dizzy. Grandma would wind a scarf about my face and I'd lose it. Blankets, nuff said.

I also have an auditory disorder where I cannot retain much info and reading lips helps so I've become kind of reclusive since the masks happened. I hate them even on other people. I don't look at eyes and see the soul and all that lovely other stuff that other people get... I've always only looked at mouths so I'm totally cut off from my way of communicating and hate it.

Unfortunately, wearing masks seems to be easy for those who call the shots. It's hell for some of us. I had an exemption then after almost a year none of the stores accepted it! So then I'd just go in without a mask and to be honest, it was much easier than trying to fumble about with a paper and prove it. But still, every trip to town for supplies fills me with sickness and dread now. All the zombie mask faces and being ready to deal with haters. Some days it is quite freeing to stand up to the system but other days I just need damn groceries.

Keep in mind, that in a real pandemic if I thought it would help I would do my best to stifle my own struggle, but I haven't believed the narrative from day one, so life has become torture. At first my mental health went downhill, badly. Then I found marginal peace by becoming a complete recluse and getting others to do most of my out there chores for me. It sucked and wasn't fair to them.

Then my heart went cold over it... maskers, you can have your masks, but you can't have my soul. I realized, more than ever, that I don't belong on this planet and am just biding my time. If awareness comes to a critical mass, I will participate in the new world, otherwise I continue to live on my little farm, work in my garden and do my artwork. I am not bothering anyone, I am not contageous. As a farmer, there is a saying "if you have livestock, you have deadstock" and it's time people realize we are not above this and get on with life. There is a whole generation of youngster floundering under these mandates and it's our responsibility to free them.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

When the mask mandates were nearly universal ... I did for the most part.

But the interesting thing is that this advice doesn't just apply to me. If the sight of someone without a mask scares bejesus out of you for fear I might be ill and walking around, then you can also stay home.

I'm not the only one with the power to remain a shut-in.

Be the change you want to see.

In my case, I want to see people's faces again out in the world, so I am that change. If you want to see people stay home to be safe, you first.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Has anyone else had the thing where you've been in a place where everyone, including you, is masked and when you leave, you find all your memories are of people with faces?

That's how I knew the mask thing was really getting to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Again. A mask that is effective does impact how well you breath. A mask that is actually effective seals and does cause restrictions to breathing if it actually filters.

A mask rat causes no restrictions to breathing is a mask that isn’t filtering, and not stopping anything.

OSHA Requirements for Occupational Use of N95 Respirators in Healthcare

oshareview.com...

Medical evaluation/clearance to determine if users are physically fit to wear a respirator.

Your statement is total BS, and one out of ignorance.
edit on 31-12-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Learn sign language?
Lol
Any other great insight?

I didn't say learn ASL - just to learn enough to be kind.

So you're saying that everyone who randomly interacts with my kid should learn some ASL? That's not expecting a lot ...

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karen657
a reply to: ketsuko
I've noticed. Not most people but quite a few do.
I figure they're old enough to make that decision.
Or they're not smart which ya can't fix.

There are lots of ways that those who wear masks can be properly described as 'not smart'.

I can't think of a way that someone who refuses to wear a mask can be properly described as 'not smart' though.

But by all means, enlighten me - if you think you can.

I've never confronted anyone regarding masks.
I keep to myself in most matters.

So you're not a fascist, glad to hear it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join