It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My To Go order was Stolen today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was in a huge hurry today and did something I normally don’t do. I ordered to go from a local restaurant.

I got there and saw a very haggard looking man with a big bag leaving in a hurry. I thought instantly, what a shame such an old homeless looking man has to do door dash. My instincts knew right away it was too much food just for him so he must be delivering it and he had another bag that looked like door dash or similar. Man, my mama spidey instincts are never wrong!

My husband went in and calls me saying our food was stolen. I guess the restaurant puts them on a table and people just come and pick it up. They said they just put it out and that guy was the only one that left. Well I guess thieves have figured out how easy it is. Our food order was large and expensive and the restaurant had to make it all over again. I had paid in advance. It was their fault for not verifying the orders. I don’t think they have the manpower, but just leaving the food out for anyone to take it just seems dumb and a bad business practice.

We got our order and what appeared to be a homeless man got a very large family meal, so I guess it all worked out. In the bigger scope of things, we will pay because they will add those things to the cost of food for everyone. A couple of stores were also attempted to be robbed recently. Some places are gettin smart and locking everything up. I live in a super safe area but crime is skyrocketing everywhere. Get ready for it to get worse, I know I am.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Wait till they roll out full self-checkouts and not real people. Self checkout, made for thieves.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Wait till they roll out full self-checkouts and not real people. Self checkout, made for thieves.

It’s getting crazy. I saw a bit on Home Depot and they said they are looking into a switch that turns power tools on after you legitimately buy it. Yeah, like that won’t be a problem!

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Normally I’d say ‘poor old guy had to steal food to survive’.

But all that is gone as of two years ago. Jobs are so damn plentiful (at $20 an hour to work in fast food) that this man has no excuse! If he can walk in and ‘hurry’ his ass out of there — he can work a damn shift, just like the rest of us.

Covid = the ultimate excuse to be a lazy ass.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Normally I’d say ‘poor old guy had to steal food to survive’.

But all that is gone as of two years ago. Jobs are so damn plentiful (at $20 an hour to work in fast food) that this man has no excuse! If he can walk in and ‘hurry’ his ass out of there — he can work a damn shift, just like the rest of us.

Covid = the ultimate excuse to be a lazy ass.

There is a part of me that is still a softie when it comes to the elderly and food. It’s sad and this guy had Frank Gallagher vibes which made me laugh.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here they always ask the name first. And you usually show some kinda card or ID.

Sounds like you live in a hell hole.

They literally always have the orders on their personal counter, not randomly sitting outside on a table.

edit to say pickup around here has been pay when you get there...
edit on 28/12/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Here they always ask the name first. And you usually show some kinda card or ID.

Sounds like you live in a hell hole.

They literally always have the orders on their personal counter, not randomly sitting outside on a table.

edit to say pickup around here has been pay when you get there...

I live in a really nice area, I think this is why they have the honesty system. It’s too bad people ruin it.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: crayzeed

It’s getting crazy. I saw a bit on Home Depot and they said they are looking into a switch that turns power tools on after you legitimately buy it. Yeah, like that won’t be a problem!

Like most things we will be longing for the old days when things were made strong and manufactures commercials were about how you never need to call the repairman.
I am, still missing the handle roll down windows, those never broke nor stuck you in a sinking car.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I am, still missing the handle roll down windows, those never broke nor stuck you in a sinking car.

I miss when life was innocent enough that kids could literally go buy booze and cigarettes for their parents and the stores let them……Almost sounds like that’s not true but it is!

(post by FunshineCD removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My instincts knew right away it was too much food just for him so he must be delivering it
So how many people did
you send in to pick up your large and expensive order? Surely you must have sent in the troops right?

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Man you have no luck do you?
Sorry.

Not door dash, but.
Don't mind the name, "Jabby Joe's" is over the hill from me. (formerly Rocky's then Rocky's II)

When the pandemic lockdowns started back in march of 2020. GOOD YEAR!

Jabby Joe's did this, they were take out only. So they set up a big table in the main lobby and placed the orders on the table in bags. There were of course staff waiting with the food.

edit on 28-12-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
what do you think they thought when you ordered 2 cheescakes? Damn that women does not need those 2 cheesecakes///

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That name is hilarious!

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Homeless? no, not in the least... you said you judged the man on his appearance.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: FunshineCD

I got there and saw a very haggard looking man with a big bag leaving in a hurry. I thought instantly, what a shame such an old homeless looking man has to do door dash.
well aint you just a judgmental POS...

Why would you say that? I think most people would assume that a person going into a restaurant with a big door dash type of bag works for door dash or similar, and that if you are dressed like a homeless person (very dirty, worn, torn clothes with holes in them)….um you are probably homeless or at the very least very poorly dressed.

Don't be goaded, you were not judgemental but you WERE empathic and that is a truly GOOD human trait, this guy is just wanting to troll goading you in my opinion and I was about a paragraph into pulling him up on it when I decided not to post in case I was misreading dark humour.

In a way your story is both nice and sad, it turned out better for you in the end as your order was more fresh than it may have been and yet it is an indictment of human civilization when elderly people have to steal something to eat.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

Just because you dress poorly and everyone who sees you assumes you are homeless is no excuse to be angry with others. Why don't you try a shower and some decent cloths.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Awww thank you for your kind words.
I try not to be judgmental, but sometimes I am, aren’t we all sometimes?
I often lack a filter sometimes but I think that is more to my blatant honesty than trying to put anyone down.

Yes it makes me very sad to think elderly have to do anything to obtain food. We have so much food in our country yet people still go hungry. It makes no sense. I also don’t like that people have to resort to stealing, that just hurts everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join