It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden onset IBS. Is it linked to covid?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I go through the same thing every year once winter begins.
During the winter, my gut, digestion and appetite get all messed up.

Omg the pain at times is truly bad. Almost to the point of passing out.

It seems during the colder months my digestion slows tremendously. At times it seemed like if i ate a huge burger, that portions of that burger would sit in my guy undigested and rot.

I would get horrible sulfer burps.

My own treatment is I try and fast for long periods.
Fasting helps my gut breakdown all the bad stuff.
I try and empty it.
Drink a lot of water, sometime carbonation and soda helps.
Stay active, I need to go for walks after a meal to help the digestion.
Never eat laying down, or go to bed after eating a big meal.
Have you ever seen a hot dog eating contest?
The pros shake their bodies around, this helps them porcess their digestion . Sometimes you got use you stomach muscles to bounce things around.

Turns out we have thousands of different living organisms in our gut. probiotics may work, i have never tried them.

And today people eat just to eat and not when their bodies tell them they are hungry.

Wait for some hunger feelings and dont over eat .

Forgot one more thing, sugar really make things worse. Seems like the gut and bacteria thrive off it.

edit on 26-12-2021 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: emp89

As many others do, I believe that cannabinoids have great potential for treating a wide range of illnesses. Unfortunately, I am currently unable to partake. I plan to become quite the pothead in retirement.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I strongly believe that microplastics in the food supply are a very big problem for all of us. However, I have noted that there are a number of people who experience gastrointestinal issues after a bout of covid. Typically, it seems confined to those whose infection has induced gastrointestinal symptoms. We are finding that there is an auto-immune element to this.
edit on 26 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I agree that the pain is intense. For me, it is often much worse than any other pain I have ever experienced, and I've experienced quite a bit of pain from other causes in my life. I'm sorry you are getting IBS problems every winter. I'm noting the winter part, because I feel it deserves some investigation. There does not seem to be a lot of gas produced by my illness. My discomfort seems to be from intestinal spasms.

I get a good bit of exercise. I walk my dogs for at least a mile in the morning before heading to work and another mile before going to bed at night. I am also on my feet a lot while working. I drink mainly water and black, unsweetened coffee. Coffee was making my symptoms worse until I worked out what the problem foods were for me, and now I can enjoy coffee again without any ill effects. 

The gut microbiome being off has been found to contribute to many illnesses.

I was deprived of sugar as a child and, luckily, don't have a taste for it as an adult. I do get sugar from fruits and vegetables that I eat, but that is about it. I really don't like fruit and seldom eat it. On a rare occasion, I will have a Mexican Coke as it is made with real sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I believe that many of the illnesses westerners face are directly related to the overconsumption of sugar, mainly high fructose corn syrup. It seems like they put that stuff in just about everything.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes. 31(m) Covid in September and stomach issues started in October. Went to E.R. for upper stomach pain. CT scan showed inflamed colon. Went back to E.R. in November with a visible knot inside of belly button with pain behind. Diagnosis was skin infection and given antibiotics. Knot eventually went away but pain persisted. I went to G.I. doctor earlier this month for the belly button pain and she said I was constipated. Blood work was normal and I was diagnosed with IBS-C. I was given a medicine called Linzess which is supposed to draw water into the colon to help with flushing everything out. I haven't had much luck with it though. Interestingly enough I've had better luck with drinking a hot cup of prune juice in the morning.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Supposedly we aren't really built to deal with corn, and I have no doubt corn syrup is not great, I think diabetes is linked to HFCS.

Do any of you do yogurt? it seems to help my gut, the Greek style stuff..thick.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I once experienced IBS in my 30's. A "Shaman" type fellow I was travelling with told me, unconditionally, that my current situation in life was the cause. Sure enough, (because I listened), I made a career change, eating change, life change, and God willing, it was only present a few years of my life.

A body at "dis ease" is our own responsibility to make a change into "Ease".

God Bless

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeAndHo

I'm sorry that you've had to endure this. Without an exam or seeing the scans and bloodwork, I can only make assumptions, but it's possible that there was clotting involved. It's been found that there is a lot of clotting associated with a covid infection and long covid. A blood clot in the veins or arteries that drain or supply the intestines could cause fluid to build inside the abdominal cavity and could present as a knot like you described. There would also be constipation and other gastrointestinal distress. We are seeing an increase in fibrinogen (a protein that promotes clotting) and alpha(2)-antiplasmin (a molecule that prevents the breakdown of blood clots) in many long covid patients. From the early days of the pandemic, it had already been observed that covid has significant cardiovascular and clotting pathologies.

If you are able to handle the smell, perhaps adding a little Japanese natto to your diet could help. It is a traditional Japanese food made of fermented soybeans and has been found to improve circulation. As with just about everything, moderation is likely important. Prune juice is excellent for relieving constipation and maintaining regularity. I personally cannot handle the smell of natto or the taste of prune juice well but have been forcing it down. 
edit on 27 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I've read that, too. I also remember reading that a lot of our corn these days is a GMO. We rarely have corn but may have corn on the cob when it is in season. We also occasionally make popcorn on the stovetop. Popcorn is not supposed to be non-GMO, as a GMO popcorn has yet to be approved. I remember recently reading in another thread here that some GMO corn occasional makes its way into cattle feed and has made them sterile. I have not looked this up, so I do not know if it is true or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

There could be an element of stress to my condition. I went from a relatively calm working environment, to a grueling and chaotic one last year.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I've read that, too. I also remember reading that a lot of our corn these days is a GMO. We rarely have corn but may have corn on the cob when it is in season. We also occasionally make popcorn on the stovetop. Popcorn is not supposed to be non-GMO, as a GMO popcorn has yet to be approved. I remember recently reading in another thread here that some GMO corn occasional makes its way into cattle feed and has made them sterile. I have not looked this up, so I do not know if it is true or not.

I need to correct this. It should not have said "Popcorn is not supposed to be non-GMO" but instead "popcorn is supposed to be non-GMO".

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join