It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delaware judge rejects Fox News' request to throw out Dominion's defamation lawsuit regarding 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Gotcha? I agree that many outlets fabricate and exaggerate information. CNN and Fox being two primary culprits that have relatively large viewing bases.

I am trying to be reasonable in this thread. Yes, lots of flak is thrown at me…not a lot sticks though.

Some of y’all are starting to grasp my motivations lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

He's currently sitting at 43% approval. So, Trump numbers. Which is a big reason why the DNC is hoping Biden announces he won't seek reelection soon.

Unless he can turn things around Biden definitely won't win in 2024. The exception to that is if the GOP actually runs Trump again. In that case, Biden probably has a 50-50 shot at reelection.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

motivation? attention.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fox's best strategy here. A good offense. Discovery goes both ways. Give Dominion a good Anal exam and see what falls out. Plus whatever they find goes straight to the news. If there is some dirt there to find then Dominion might realize they need to drop the lawsuit before the various states start filing felony charges.

I don't think Dominion realizes the hell that would be released if Fox proves in open court that they rigged the election for Biden in certain swing states.
edit on 17-12-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Fox's best strategy here. A good offense. Discovery goes both ways. Give Dominion a good Anal exam and see what falls out. Plus whatever they find goes straight to the news. If there is some dirt there to find then Dominion might realize they need to drop the lawsuit before the various states start filing felony charges.

That is actually a great idea!

This could help address some of the concerns with voting integrity.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Didn't FOX News already establish in court that they are merely entertainment, and as such have no responsibilities towards the truth? Watch for that to emerge as a defence.

Yes, they did. However, even entertainers can be successfully sued for slander. If they'd mentioned it just once and let it go, they could probably get away with it. If it'd been part of a "Comedy News Hour" then it'd be covered under First Amendment (if I remember correctly.)

Now they have to prove that all of their statements about Dominion are correct. They started walking back some of their claims as early as December 2020 (1 year ago)

Me? I'm betting that they'll settle out of court, as someone suggested.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

I don't think Dominion realizes the hell that would be released if Fox proves in open court that they rigged the election for Biden in certain swing states.

I wouldn't recommend the strategy - it's a waste of time.

All you have to do to prove the truth of the election in swing states is ask the election judges (folks like me who run the polls) to produce their elections records. We all get them, including things that show the machines were properly set to zero, that they properly counted all the voters (we also have manual sign in sheets and those have to match the actual number of ballots) and copies of the ballot tapes so we (the judges) have an actual record of how people who walked in voted.

There will be records like that for every single polling place. Furthermore, the election central for each area is staffed by Republicans AND Democrats AND others... the idea that in swing states every single Republican would shrug and say "nope. Let's call this one for Biden as long as we correctly count the other votes" is ridiculous. I know that our Republicans here in Texas would have raised a howl that you could have heard clear to Alaska.

So Fox can try it, and they'll be landslided. An "op-ed, First Amendment" tactic would be stronger.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Ah yes...the doctored polls and statistics they replaced the real ones with after th ecourt said to preserve them.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

why

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: frogs453
Not sure if anyone watches the show Succession but I picture the scrambling being done in the offices as similar to scenes from the show. Probably a clusterf**k.

Who's gonna be the blood sacrifice? Greg? Tom? Tucker?

Please God, let it be Brian Kukneade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join