It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delaware judge rejects Fox News' request to throw out Dominion's defamation lawsuit regarding 2020

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A Delaware judge rejected Fox News' request to throw out Dominion Voting Systems' defamation lawsuit against the conservative media giant on Thursday.

The decision opens the door for the company to obtain internal communications and other evidence from the network. A settlement is also a more likely outcome now that the motion to dismiss is off the table.

On March 26, 2021, Dominion filed the defamation lawsuit against Fox News seeking $1.6 billion in damages, claiming that the network gave prominence to the election-fraud claims as a tactic to revive viewership as ratings dropped after President Donald Trump's loss.

Delaware judge rejects Fox News' request to throw out Dominion's defamation lawsuit regarding 2020 election

Clear to proceed…it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Looks like the judge felt there was enough credible evidence to proceed with a trial.

This might really hurt the network and some of the personalities.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

I don't think most "news" agencies need help in the regard.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Didn't FOX News already establish in court that they are merely entertainment, and as such have no responsibilities towards the truth? Watch for that to emerge as a defence.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

That still wouldn't protect them from a defamation suit. If Dominion can show their business suffered as a direct result of Fox's reporting it doesn't matter if they meant for it to be portrayed as news or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I did hear that Fox will definitely want to settle before the discovery phase and all the internal communications are seen. We will see what happens I suppose.

Not sure if anyone watches the show Succession but I picture the scrambling being done in the offices as similar to scenes from the show. Probably a clusterf**k.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Not sure if anyone watches the show Succession but I picture the scrambling being done in the offices as similar to scenes from the show. Probably a clusterf**k.

Who's gonna be the blood sacrifice? Greg? Tom? Tucker?

edit on 17-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha! Tucker for sure. I wouldn't mind watching all of them do a round of "Boar on the floor" though!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lol, pretty sure no one cares.

Especially considering all the scandals CNN is enduring and liberal media in general.

Face it OP, the side you aligned with is TOAST and there isn't any saviour for y'all.

Sucks, but it is what it is, no water off our back.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
OR ! Does Dominium want all the records to find the name of the whistle-blower of all their dodgy dealings.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Who gives a rat’s ass?
CNN will be out of business before Fox News is and that puts a smile on my face.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Especially considering all the scandals CNN is enduring and liberal media in general.

Face it OP, the side you aligned with is TOAST and there isn't any saviour for y'all.

Regardless if it’s Fox, CNN, or any other media outlet, would you not care to know who and how information may or may not be fabricating information? That would be important to help us all deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Who gives a rat’s ass?
CNN will be out of business before Fox News is and that puts a smile on my face.

You don’t want a complete picture? You will discount this?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Let's be fair, they did try to make excuses when Fox was having all of their sexual harassment/assault scandals.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What's harder to believe I wonder, Biden receives millions more votes than Obama ever did because he sat in his basement the whole time, or the election was rigged. It's a tricky one for sure.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Who gives a rat’s ass?

Discount a shady electronic voting company slapping multiple billion dollar lawsuits on everyone that draws attention to their shady practices?
I don’t really care that they are trying to save their already shady name.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes, Fox news did so, and so did MSDNC and CNN. Pretty standard defense with these news opinion shows.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

What's harder to believe I wonder, Biden, a well-liked former Vice President, got more votes in the election or Trump, a President that struggled to break a 40% approval rating, got more votes?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Who gives a rat’s ass?

Discount a shady electronic voting company slapping multiple billion dollar lawsuits on everyone that draws attention to their shady practices?
I don’t really care that they are trying to save their already shady name.

This may go to a court of law where facts are presented. I would like to know true facts presented. Regardless if this was Fox or CNN I want to know.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Regardless if it’s Fox, CNN, or any other media outlet, would you not care to know who and how information may or may not be fabricating information? That would be important to help us all deny ignorance.
Fabricating information?
Ah, WAPO, CNN, MSNBC, all Liberal Media outlets and those that support the Democrat party, gotcha.

What? Expecting a name drop? Sure, Adam Schiff.

You see, I think the reason you recieve so much flak is because your feign ignorance at the most apparent and obvious issues, yet somehow still find a way to continue to point fingers.

To be fair, I'm not sure you care all that much yourself, at least enough in a sense that benefits you somehow.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Smigg

What's harder to believe I wonder, Biden, a well-liked former Vice President, got more votes in the election or Trump, a President that struggled to break a 40% approval rating, got more votes?
What's harder to believe you ask? Americans voting for a total racist loser who had 50 years in Politics with zero recognized feats, leading our Country to hyper inflation, a deteorating border and diminishing world respect, compared to a billionaire first time contender who swept the Political field and had a pretty good economy? You're talking BS approval ratings, meanwhile, actions speak louder than words.

What's Bidens approval rating NOW? Actually, where does he stand on any poll and rating? It gets real quiet now, huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join