It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you Reading right now? / Reading list

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Heh...thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Exactly. For me it's usually several completely unrelated topics so things don't start getting mixed up.

Usually something non-fiction, something fiction and something instructional.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Interesting.

ETA - Actually, very interesting! I had to go look that up to get a deeper understanding. I may have to add this to my reading list. I'd never heard of it before. Sounds like it will keep a person busy for a while, reading the whole thing!

One of the things that intrigues me about it is that it seems to disclose various scientific knowledge decades before it was even discovered - for example, it talks about "dark gravity bodies" (black holes) and their various properties, such as that when two of them collide they release massive gravitational waves.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Gospel According to Luke- (Steve Lukathur Famed hit guitarist of 4,000+ recordings and songwriter/singer in Toto (and Ringo's All Star Band).

Amazing player...writer, performer.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Demonic foes : my twenty-five years as a psychiatrist investigating possessions, diabolic attacks, and the paranormal
by Gallagher, Richard (Psychiatrist), author. reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
sounds like a book i would like. You may also like Body electric ( robert becker) and holographic universe ( michale talbot)
2 great reads.a reply to: booyakasha

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This-

An amazing account of the race to dominate the electric guitar/amplifier business. So much we take for granted these days about basic electric guitar construction these guys were just spitballin' and trying to figure out, sometimes with dangerous consequences (I never knew Les Paul nearly electrocuted himself and was unable to play for many months). Well written, with an interesting cast of historical music industry characters I think even a non-guitar enthusiast would enjoy it.
edit on 12 16 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ummm…Stephen Kings…”Road work”…

Aaaand…my daily dose of ATS threads…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Your post.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Lion of Ireland is a historical fiction.
While the Clan of the Cave Bear series was written for women, it is basically a survival manual for living off of the grid.
The ability of the author of White Oleander to express complex emotions is extraordinary.
edit on 16-12-2021 by cameos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Someone had to do it. Was surprised no one beat me to it.

I'm starting on reading through the Old Man's War books again. Just finished reading through some random Niven short story paperbacks though. Before that was Good Omens.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors by Hornfischer, Last Call by Parsons and The Guns at Last Light by Atkinson. I have a few more on deck after those.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Same here, something physical, something mental for the mind, something for fantasy. Books may lay a few weeks untouched by me...or months..
@zosi

edit on 16.12.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: it's mind, not mental.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So, what are you reading right now?

I'm a book guy when it comes to reading; I can't really read well on a kindle or other device (at least not yet). I'm also a paper nut, so I need the book feel and the whole experience. Whatever reading you do it still good though. Too many people just don't read anymore, or if they do it's 65 characters at a time and / or requires a picture else they get bored and go play a video game.

Right now I'm reading Emerson (Ralph Waldo), kind of his complete works. Just going through the essays right now. Next on my list is to dive into some Thoreau (Henry David) which I haven't read since college (and then not all of it).

Just some "light" reading! LOL!

What are you reading?

Although I download pdf's and have Kindle online, nothing beats a real book. I love to read so I often have about 5-6 going at the same time and I read for various reasons (to learn, religious studies, fun)

Currently, I am reading a new book I just bought called "Fox & I" by Catherine Raven. So far it is really good and about a woman who develops a kind of friendship with a wild fox. Based on a true story I think.

Also, I am reading an old Nancy Drew book from when I was a kid called "The Invisible Intruder"; and finally I am reading "Voices of the Martyrs", "Dispatches from the Edge" Anderson Cooper (so I can finally give it away...), and "The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey.

Trying to take a break from learning anything and reading for "fun" for a bit

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thomas covenant. He is an interesting character.
a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the secret journey to planet serpo

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
Thomas covenant. He is an interesting character.
a reply to: Gothmog

Very interesting.
And one dark , sad tale .

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In God's Name David Yallup....investigating the circumstances behind the death of John Paul 1

Rereading Dragonfly in Amber Book Two of the Diana Gabaldon series.

The Father of Spin by Larry Tye. Edward Bernays and the birth of Public Relations.

Next in my queue:
The Real Anthony Fauci by Robert Kennedy Jr.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I'm not sure I could read that last one without breaking some stuff!

LOL! I can hear my wife now..."If you don't CALM DOWN and BEHAVE, I'm going to have to take that book away from you!!"

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Everyone needs to read it!!!!!
Breaking stuff doesn't help.
But we need to wake up about this.
It's almost too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join