It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake swarm at Cascadia fault line - Is the REALLY BIG ONE arriving?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Being anchored in Anchorage, we arr at extreme end of Cascadia, part of the RoF, and have continental shelves swooping, screaching, and diving around the car which was doing 100 miles an hour with the top down…

Hih??!!!

5.7 M, 13:40 AKST, located across the inlet,west, of the city.

If the Cascade area is going off, AK will be involved some how!!

My guess is that it it was normal activity. But until there is more data points we don’t know!

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

5.9 up in Alaska

I see that, thank you!

These concern me a little at first glance, they don't appear to be either aftershocks or the main event.

Could just be random ring of fire events though, these happen on a pretty regular basis, even around 6.0.

I will have to wait for someone with more earthquake knowledge than me for confirmation.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: dangermouse
So now a new swarm with a high of 6.2 at the bottom of Cascadia... still nothing to worry about?!?!?!?

6.2 ?!

Looking it up now.

The 6.2 was yesterday and if you zoom in you can see it was still slightly wast of Cascadia on the Mendocino fracture zone. IF the swarm on the Blanco transferred energy to the Mendocino, the pattern leads right to actual Cascadia activity and with the magnitudes ramping up from each swarm.... Could actually be an unzip. Pray and hope not.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dangermouse

I saw the same thing, but didn't want to panic anyone by using the words foreshock activity, especially since I am still nowhere near qualified to make that call.

Not even close to qualified - so nobody should have any fear based on what I write, am still learning in this field

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I saw the same thing, but didn't want to panic anyone by using the words foreshock activity, especially since I am still nowhere near qualified to make that call.

Not even close to qualified - so nobody should have any fear based on what I write, am still learning in this field

Agreed, I'm upper novice at best... My wife get's tired of me relaying the latest quakes but I just can't ignore patterns.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

5.9 up in Alaska

That was preceded by a 4.7 10 miles SW of the 5.9's epicenter 40 minutes earlier. Both quakes are basically at the foot of the Iliamna volcano. She hasn't popped off in 150 years and is considered to be a significantly dangerous volcano by USGS, moving up the list every few years that she doesn't erupt. Of course 7 of their 20 most dangerous volcanoes are located in Alaska and Iliamna is lowest on the list of the 7 so by Alaska standards this quake was of little interest. (but it definitely gave Anchorage a little nudge this afternoon.)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

5.9 up in Alaska

I see that, thank you!

These concern me a little at first glance, they don't appear to be either aftershocks or the main event.

Could just be random ring of fire events though, these happen on a pretty regular basis, even around 6.0.

I will have to wait for someone with more earthquake knowledge than me for confirmation.

That was the 46,159th earthquake in Alaska for 2021.
Not kidding, they have a little counter in the lower right corner of the Ak EQ Center's homepage

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Agreed, I'm upper novice at best... My wife get's tired of me relaying the latest quakes but I just can't ignore patterns.

I'm lower novice.

Started as a curiosity that rubbed off from an old friend here (someone I rarely agreed with, but was one of the most intelligent and intellectually honest that ATS has ever seen) and just grew from there into college texts, which I still don't fully understand yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm lower novice.

Started as a curiosity that rubbed off from an old friend here (someone I rarely agreed with, but was one of the most intelligent and intellectually honest that ATS has ever seen) and just grew from there into college texts, which I still don't fully understand yet.

Can I guess? TrueAmerican?

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm lower novice.

Can I guess? TrueAmerican?

Did I make it too easy?

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for the context.

I'm in MI so earthquake severity and frequency is pretty foreign to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the last three decent sized quakes on the Kenai peninsula in Alaska have been during these winter months…..

I was in the last two which were over 7.0 im pretty sure….

Anchorage definitely may have another one coming…

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: GoShredAK

I know you guys up north can handle it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join