It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake swarm at Cascadia fault line - Is the REALLY BIG ONE arriving?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Torlin

So you feel that the kids at University of Fairbanks are trying to cause Earthquakes? DO you think that's part of an assignment, or did they go rogue?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood
Was told by a geologist long ago that it's sort a lever action thing and actually has a significant effect on lowering the likelihood of a major cascadia move.

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, but I heard recently that geologists now think that this isn't true, and small earthquakes don't reduce the likelihood of a major one.
edit on 10-12-2021 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood
Was told by a geologist long ago that it's sort a lever action thing and actually has a significant effect on lowering the likelihood of a major cascadia move.

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, but I heard recently that geologists now think that this isn't true, and small earthquakes don't reduce the likelihood of a major one.

Every proper scientist will tell you "it depends" ...

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EventideExpanse

The spells checker did me wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Swarms like this have happened in this region a few times in the last twenty or thirty years. Nothing happened then. Not much still this time either.

You don't understand how HAARP works or what it does.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are all Geologists in agreement that there is nothing to worry about or are many being censored?

Those types of scientists.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nirishman
Are all Geologists in agreement that there is nothing to worry about or are many being censored?

I don't know, are they? You seem to be the generalist hysteric in this regard, enlighten us.

edit on 10-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
More than 50 earthquakes hit off the coast of Oregon this week. Scientists say they pose little threat.

www.seattletimes.com...

When they tell you not to worry ... That's when you should start worrying!

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes, It's a lot like Bill Gates being a big player in the vacccine for this virus. But most people are following Political Science, so there's that.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nirishman

Those types of scientists.

No word from the global geologist cabal yet.

I suspect they are still waiting on gates & fauxxi to let them know how profitable an earthquake vaccine would be.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

When they tell you not to worry ... That's when you should start worrying!

This is true. If the world was about to be destroyed by aliens with nukes or something, and they knew about it, do you think they'd go on CNN or FOX and give everyone an emergency broadcast saying, "Hey! Put bags over your heads and lay down! We're all gonna die in 24 hours!"

Don't look to the news to find out when the world's going to end. They don't know, and if they did, they wouldn't say. They just like to get your attention, and large swarms of harmless earthquakes are good for that.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Still nothing to worry about. Was on mobile before. Here are some links to previous swarms to back up my previous statement.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

It has been 35 years since the JAL 1628 UFO gave us an inkling about HAARP tech capability.
Like you say though lots of swarms in the past why would the profile evolve differently for this one?
It would be almost criminal if the MSM knew and didn't report the details.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

JAL 1628 was in 1986.
Construction on HAARP didn't even begin until 1993.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

HAARP is one of the sites Remo is sent to disable. The movie came out if 1985.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The technology has been around for decades. There was a previous installation near Fairbanks that preceded HAARP called HIPAS. Even that wasn't in operation until 1986.

Edit to add: And that's all factually based, not from a work of fiction.
edit on 12/12/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter. If something is presented in a movie, others will make it seem as if it is real and create whole conspiracies out of it. See "The Matrix" for example, yet the ideas from "Dark City" are overlooked due to it being overshadowed at the time. All it takes is for the right mix of cultural vacuum and hit movie, and a conspiracy can be made.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So now a new swarm with a high of 6.2 at the bottom of Cascadia... still nothing to worry about?!?!?!?

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dangermouse
So now a new swarm with a high of 6.2 at the bottom of Cascadia... still nothing to worry about?!?!?!?

6.2 ?!

Looking it up now.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join