It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone went home and I got to work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So during this pandemic most just stayed home as they had been forced to do so.
I was also forced to do so and did it no questions. I did also get sick and on more than one occasion. But I manned up and powered through it. Most see a job impact and lack of hiring as a issue. That is true, BUT that also means a power grab......Well I took the later view and it payed off!
So to anyone that wants to complain about no work....just know I went ahead and filled that gap and got you in my area.
Now time to continue my land grab and the continuation of my bucket list.

I am very proud of this and just wanted to share. I hope all of my super confused and true fighter comrades can understand my experience.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Last year when things were crazy as heck, I too didn't have the option of staying home. I went to work and earned so much overtime I double my yearly pay. The job required going to covid hotspots and filling in as needed. I didn't shy away from it either and apparently I couldn't catch covid trying. Either I'm immune or I'm a carrier.

You're right in what you're saying: can't/won't do the job, don't need the job.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I was also forced to do so and did it no questions. I did also get sick and on more than one occasion. But I manned up and powered through it. Most see a job impact and lack of hiring as a issue. That is true, BUT that also means a power grab......Well I took the later view and it payed off!
So to anyone that wants to complain about no work....just know I went ahead and filled that gap and got you in my area.

I am very proud of this and just wanted to share. I hope all of my super confused and true fighter comrades can understand my experience.

At least you use the correct terminology.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

At least you use the correct terminology.

HAHA of everyone here leave it to you to notice that....My dude lol

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I wish everyone an easy life and job, but I feel that the character built by that daily grind of taking care of your personal responsibilities and the responsibilities of those who are reliant on your work creates a humbleness and decency. You know how hard a work day is no matter what the person's job and it also brings people from different backgrounds to the same place with the same needs (morning coffee and a job that needs to get done). I don't like it but I'm all for it.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ummm…you should be super proud of the fact that…you took advantage of the misfortunes of other people…grabbed up what used to be theirs…and then bragged about it…

Just another one of those greedy capitalists you try to disassociate yourself from…

…here’s to your super majestic climb up the backs of other’s of your brothers…so that you can get you some…

Kudo’s…bro…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Been there done that.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Also,

After Monday and Tuesday, WTF.

I love that joke.

edit on 12 7 2021 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Right there with you, fella. Working in the manufacturing industry, I and nearly 1 million Ontarian manufacturing personnel were declared "essential workers" and told to go to work. We never shut down for a day since the pandemic started.

Here's your participant ribbon

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Same here.
No time off, in fact we had a record year.
Not a day off for almost three months straight.
We own a HVAC company and with record heat on the west coast there was plenty of OT for everyone.
The only problem we are having is procuring parts.
We are still trying to catch up from the rush.

a reply to: joejack1949

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

Being self employed/owning a small business doesn't usually offer the luxuries of working for a big corp and taking a year off to "work from home". You make it happen, or you starve.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Better to be working during the pandemic than stuck on Unemployment. Unemployment is good if there is something to do, if your stuck at home it would suck. I sat in bars and restaurant or went to social gatherings a lot when I used to collect unemployment, and also did snowmobiling and cross country skiing ans stuff like that, during the pandemic all that kind of stuff was stopped, I would have worked my tail off and saved some cash and paid off my debt if I was working during the pandemic.

new topics

top topics

join