It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau's 'Conversion Therapy' Bill ENDS Parents' Right To Parent in Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good points like always, rickymouse.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Blaire White is a trasngender person but has spoken a lot about the harm which transitioning does to kids.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Irishhaf

Are you ok with pushing things like little boys are just future rapists, or that young men should be ashamed of being masculine?

Despite the Conservative narrative that schools are pushing this agenda, they're not. Even if they were, it's still not the same thing as conversion therapy.

Conversion therapy is mainly founded in aversion therapy techniques. The "therapist" will first attempt to have the patient associate homosexual behavior with a feeling of nausea. This is usually brought on through the use of drugs.

If that doesn't work, they move on to pain.

When you can show me that there are professionals out there using these techniques to turn people gay, then we can have the conversation about how the law needs to apply to both sides. Right now though it's a one-way street.

By the way, over half the states in the US have laws banning conversion therapy and it seems to me that parents are still allowed to parent. Ontario has also had a law on the books for a while.

The purpose of this law is to protect children from long lasting psychological harm. The fact that so many of you have an issue with that is disturbing.

A few years back, my friend, who runs a vintage audio/electronics store, got a little device from a storage locker. It was made by a company called Farrall Instruments, it was called the Mark II behaviour modifier. I was an electroshock machine, lots of options, for various ways to apply pain. I looked it up, and read through some links, one suggested it was used in gay conversion/aversion therapy. Pretty f'd up stuff. A few of us tried it on the lowest settings..not cool at all

Here is the "Mark I"
mhc.andornot.com...
edit on 7-12-2021 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

So you believe that parents should be able to beat their children.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: M5xaz

PARENTS AND PARENTS ALONE MAKE DECISIONS FOR *THEIR* CHILDREN
NOT YOU
NOT THE GOVERNMENT

That's what I said. I said it about parents that let their children "be" the gender they identify with, and aid them in social behavior, appearance, hormone therapy, and the like.

No it's not.

Pediatric gender dysphoria exists.
You don't make life-long sterilization decisions at 4, 5 or 8, which is what hormone therapy pushed by LGBT does.

The PARENTS of these children under 18 are the best ones to care for them.

NOT YOU.
Don't even try to pretend you care more for them then their own parents...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm against one extreme so I must be in support of another? No, I think we found a good balance between justice and individual freedom. I think this balance is being thrown off by tyrants.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

edit on 7/12/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have read analogies here to residential schools,. Here's slightly different take..not that I disagree with anyone else's.

For those who don't know, residential schools were places that aboriginal kids were forced into, to change who they were, to make them conform, live a lie maybe. My stepfather was a victim of it, has haunted him his whole life. Done by govt, and church. So, it's an analogy to think about. Just swap bad govt, with questionable parent, conversion therapy might just be a type of residential school. Bad stuff potentially happens in either situation.

No dog in this fight, just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

The PARENTS of these children under 18 are the best ones to care for them.

That's what I said.

Don't even try to pretend you care more for them then their own parents...

I didn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

LGBT politically is a special interest group... really no different than the NAACP, in political language. However such a thing is already protected as far as housing and employment as there have already been thousands of cases about it made at the federal level of the US.

Thank goodness for dating sites and apps I suppose.

Getting propositioned twice by someone and them getting turned down twice? Honestly made the person hateful. If the person couldn't take no for an answer it's not just you; All men men on their way to being women or somewhere in between would get the same answer... if that led to rape and in some cases it has? How can such a person applaud a special interest?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there's no democracy with LGBT it's four votes against one. But on a personal level not really. No means no anything else is wishful thinking.

That's experience on the personal level... unfortunately; many people have been abused by special interest groups; Special interest groups by US federal constitutional standards are illegal, and shouldn't even be heard. If a state in it's own constitution makes a case for some special interest? Then maybe that states constitution should be amended as having a loop hole used to abuse and exploit Americans through acts of subversion; Politicians are not the only one's found guilty of treasonous acts by the way.

Biden is about as Democratic as Abraham Lincoln was... The US turn coated in politics Donald Trump Democrat ran as a Republican and in turn of the square dance Biden ran as a Democrat and is really Republican. So the two parities are back to what they were pre-civil war... but their ideologies have not changed.

Assuming younger generations are progressively dumber than the previous is predation.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

So you're fine with child abuse as long as the parents are paying someone else to do it?

Help me understand where the line is? You say that parents should have the right to raise their kids as they see fit. You also say that parents should not be allowed to abuse their kids.

So why should parents be able to subject their children to conversion therapy when study after study shows that it is a form of psychological abuse?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
If you're objecting to this legislation, it's because you were planning to subject your child (or someone's children) to years of traumatising brain washing tactics. If you weren't planning to do any such thing, then this legislation has nothing to do with you and you can move on with your life.

originally posted by: DINSTAAR
My issue is that they only seem to indicate that this is a problem only if going from non-straight to straight. Children can be tricked into saying darn near anything so this definitely seems like it will hurt more than help. They assume it is abuse to brainwash a gay child into being straight but they seem to be clueless how that could happen the other way around and are preventing people from correcting that when it does.

Anyone can just proclaim any child to be gay or trans and then rip them from their parents.

When you have activists teaching kids, this will occur very often.

Canada has a long history of taking children away from their parents and brainwashing them in abusive state schools, just ask a native (first nation or whatever the hell you canucks call them now).

-D

It says "conversion therapy services" which suggests a routine aimed at a specific audience as part of a paid or community volunteer program advertised to reeducate their "patients" (in this case, children).

I agree with you largely on this at face value.

However, mission creep is a thing and this is ripe for subjective abuse.

I can get on board with laws banning forced gender identification - conceptually. Parents do a lot to jack up their kids. I can speak to that from direct experience with people in my life.

However, I can’t support them because the probability these laws get abused and misused is just way, way too high.

Maybe if federal governments hadn’t cooked their own goose by demonstrating countless times that if you give them an inch they’ll take a mile I might feel differently.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So basically like that Russell Peters joke, where he going to get hurt really bad and the white kid doesnt, for children that havent hit puberty yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well I'm gay and I do know that conversion therapy has a TERRIBLE track record. But.... it's not your child, so no government has the right to do this as far as I'm concerned. And you say you didn't get a lot of sources, but this is on the Canadian gov't websites.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
Well I'm gay and I do know that conversion therapy has a TERRIBLE track record. But.... it's not your child, so no government has the right to do this as far as I'm concerned. And you say you didn't get a lot of sources, but this is on the Canadian gov't websites.

But the govt isn't doing anything, it's preventing a sketchy form of therapy. I dunno, I can understand arguments on either side. But, this has a poor track record, and at times, could be considered abuse. Parents right's overshadow govt by a long shot, but if it becomes abuse? Now, if a child expressed on their own, they want to try, then why not.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not sure if you have trouble reading or if you're just trying to 'get me'. I think I made myself pretty clear. Like most people, I am against child abuse. There are limitations to anything. There is a difference between charging parents with child abuse and raising their children for them. Go back and read the OP.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

" Trudeau's 'Conversion Therapy' Bill ENDS Parents' Right To Parent in Canada "

Well , If Proven True , then Trudeau should be put in a Jail Cell and Only be Fed Raw Rat Meat to Keep him Alive Until he Eventualyy goes Mad then Dies a Slow Horrible Death ...................)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join