It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving 2021

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thanks JinMi! Already started the fire here. Enjoy your day!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
We won't be doing dinner until this Sunday due to schedules.

I'm spending Thanksgiving doing a ridiculous amount of mechanical work on my car since I have a 4 day weekend starting right now.

I'm thankful for that time.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That sounds uh-MAZING ... I'm coming to your place.

This year is different. My mom is undergoing chemo for her third round of cancer, so she is immunocompromised. Thus, we are all on our own for the year. It's nothing terribly unusual. We generally do our own smaller bird here and have a nice meal anyways, but we will definitely miss going out on the weekend to have a second meal with the family.

Anyhow:

We're sticking with what's made our turkey good in the past. We just got done dry brining it, so it will sit overnight. Tomorrow, we'll butterfly it and make an herb/butter/lemon paste that will go up under the skin. Then we'll roast it with butter basting every 30 minutes. Meanwhile, we'll have stock veggies sitting in the bottom of the pan roasting and taking in dripping flavor for stock making this coming week.

We dried the bread and made the custard base for the stuffing already today. All that we'll need to do tomorrow is put the pan in oven after letting it come to room temp.

We also roasted off our glazed carrots and parsnips. Tomorrow, they'll just need a finish with the rest of the glaze.

We're also having garlic cream cheese masked potatoes and mushroom gravy. And we're also roasting Brussel sprouts and butternut squash to go along with the parsnips and carrots. We're also having rolls and finishing it off with a store bought pie.

I am plenty thankful that we've been so far spared the worst of the pandemic's effects, and that I've gotten the job I have. The extra income will be very useful as time goes on and things get worse. I continue to be thankful that I still have my parents and hope that my mother beats this round of cancer like she did the last two.
edit on 24-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds delish , prayers to your mom on a speedy recovery!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don’t know if it’s just me but as I’ve gotten older Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday. Yeah Xmas is great but it is more for the kids. Every Thanksgiving we have a wonderful meal around family and realize just how lucky we are. Football , friends , food and family! FFFF

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So much good food! Truffled oil, dinner for 20, DUCK, Ton Katsu, a gourmet feast of perfectly prepared turkey and trimmings. Ice cream overlooking a mountain view is a life of abundance.

For the price of candied yams, a rosemary topiary and a bottle of wine, I will be fed well by others.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Belle
edit on 11 25 2021 by BelleEpoque because: Had more to say

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

As an internet expert on Thanksgiving I am doing a traditional feast this year.

First my family and I will invade someone else's home and then starve until they feed us and then we'll enslave them.

Afterwards we'll have cheesecake and I'll open a bottle of port.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Afterwards we'll have cheesecake and I'll open a bottle of port.

'A bottle'. Lightweight.

I mean that in the metaphorical sense since we all know you're 'husky'.

edit on 25-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My Sister and her family are going out to a nice restaurant and she will be bringing Mark and I a meal. Turkey for me and prime rib for Hubby.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY ATS FAMILY!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No work or clean up for you. Sounds good! Im getting ready to put the duck in the oven.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thanksgiving 2021

Blessed to be in my trailer, working out on the rez location with a couple of 7/11 chimichangas and a few 40s of malt liquor and one can of Coors in the cooler. This show will wrap for netflix before Xmas and my GF who works wardrobe, and I will take a month off on some beach somewhere. Taking advantage of the double time for working holidays now with the rest of the crew.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Most of my family went to my nephews. I got up at 4:00, cooked and prepared until I had to go to work!

Luckily, only had to work til 6:00 today 😁.

Kids are enjoying pumpkin pie and I’m snuggling with kitty watching Contagion.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I guess you were asleep before your head hit the pillow.

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Ton Katsu, or, for me, Tonkatsu, is a sauce. You make it out to sound like it's a dish. I bread some chicken with panko and throw it over some rice and sauce, with a few sauteed veggies. What the hell do I know, I only had a girlfriend who had spent time in Japan who taught me some of the culture there.

Americanized version of the dish, I suspect.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Lol, yes! I’m used to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join