It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Auto Safety Regulator Awards Over $24 Million to Hyundai Whistleblower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well thank you USA as it seems that Hyundai ain't above board. Our personal story is that in 2019 we bought a higher end Hyundai Santa Fe for the Mrs which cost over $36,000. So, how is it that those OEM tires all wore out at 29,000 miles. So, OK get a pro rated replacement under warranty?

Guess what? NO warranty on the brand new vehicle tires as installed at the OEM factory. So I called Hyundai corporate and yes they called back and left a phone number. So I called back over six times but they never answer the phone and I cant leave a voicemail as there is none. Nice trick Hyundai.............. as in plausible deniability as in a non responsive customer?

Bull. You screwed an American and I an sure many many more. Its not for this thread but some day I should write about the Samsung refrigerator that almost flooded our entire home. Yep, water filter cracked .

But getting back to Hyundai and South Koren ethics. Sure doesn't seem to be any. So buy American as I am a GM truck guy and thank you Mr. Whistleblower

Hyundai Whistleblower

SEOUL/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. auto safety regulator announced on Tuesday its first-ever whistleblower award, handing out more than $24 million to a former Hyundai Motor Co employee who provided key information about safety lapses at the South Korean carmaker. The award to former Hyundai Motor engineer Kim Gwang-ho is the biggest ever in a whistleblower case in the auto sector globally, according to law firm Constantine Cannon, which represented the whistleblower. It comes as the U.S. regulator, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the U.S. Department of Transportation prepare to propose regulations related to an automotive whistleblower program Congress created in 2015.

edit on 10-11-2021 by Waterglass because: double link

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That's why I will only purchase Mitsubishi .

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You chose .................... wisely

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

You chose .................... wisely

Based on buying a new 2004 Outlander .
Lasted 14 years and 0 problems .
Totaled , or it would most likely still been on the road .

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Op, have you read the infrastructure bill yet?
These are the politically driven dbags that are enforcing the new law hidden in the infrastructure bill seemingly intended to crash the auto industry.
I'd be suspicious.

Breathalyzers will be required on all new vehicles.

...probably for remote shutdown of your engine, while claiming save the children.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Your first mistake was buying a Hyundai, I made that mistake 5 times already. Hyundais are disposable cars, after your lease is up the car is ready for the bin.

I bought a new Subaru Outback and was so blown away by the quality including the fact the cars panels are galvanized on both sides is awesome. I ( we ) liked the new Outback so much we bought a second one the following year to replace the Hyundai Veloster. We will never look back its Subaru from now on for us.

edit on 10-11-2021 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Op, have you read the infrastructure bill yet?
These are the politically driven dbags that are enforcing the new law hidden in the infrastructure bill seemingly intended to crash the auto industry.
I'd be suspicious.

Breathalyzers will be required on all new vehicles.

...probably for remote shutdown of your engine, while claiming save the children.

They've been able to shut down any automobile for a long time. Ever notice those little shark fin antennas on the top of a vehicle usually above the back window? They aren't just satellite radio antennas...

Also, On Star(R) can shut down a GM vehicle, also.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You got 29,000 miles out of tires On a throw away car and you're upset about it?

What a world.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Its not a throw away car. Why do you support criminal organizations

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nice

new topics

top topics

join