It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden infrastructure bill would require cars come with ‘advanced alcohol monitoring systems’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
First seatbelts, then masks and now alcohol monitoring system???? Shame on them for trying to protect us!

Why should I pay extra for a device that I do not need or want. I'm not the one driving drunk. Let the guilty parties be punished for that.

See a suspicious driver on the road, get the plate, pull over, write it down, and if you have a phone handy... call while you're still safe off the side of the road and report the suspected activity.

It's bad enough that I have to pay what I do in auto insurance that never covers the cost of a totaled new car even when the accident wasn't my fault.

Seatbelts are a must of course. Anybody that wishes to wear a mask while driving is up to them.

Won't be much longer before dashboard cameras are mandatory... another thing auto insurance companies are going to have the government mandate to make extra money on premiums. Insurance companies work hard lobbying to get devices like this made into law.

Money

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's been talked about before if you Google it, here's an article detailing the technology:

link

Ending drunk driving and a need for the police is great, but if the system malfunctions and you're stranded would be terrible. I can also imagine some life and death situations when there is no choice and someone buzzed needs to drive someone to the hospital or some other type of scenario that you can't wait for a Lyft or Ambulance.

This technology might prevent some auto theft. I'd imagine that people who steal cars might do do under the influence.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Personally, I find the whole term "human infrastructure" to be demeaning and dehumanizing. It reduces us to cogs being managed like roads, bridges and buildings. This provision and the bank monitoring is complete evidence of that concept.

Our lives are not ours to arrange. Instead they exist only as the service the state and must be managed to that end.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

These devices won't stop driving under the influence. There are any number of things that impair your ability to operate heavy machinery and this device detects none of them.

I have never driven drunk but I will admit to having driven impaired once or twice.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I had heard about them working on them didn't know they had one come out yet.

(post by DeathSlayer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Things like this make me really belive they are trying to end the 2 party system in favor of just 1 party

Theres just no way they don't realize there actions will stop them from winning a election for decades

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I drive a 96 Dodge Ram. They can kiss my ass.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

How about resigning , how does this fool even get a job ?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
But in the future, cars are supposed to be self driving? Does alcohol affect the driving system or are they just giving up on the self driving thing?

I can't wait to go to the self driving blown alcohol, electric car drags.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
only about half of Americans drink.
no #. I was surprised. 51% claimed they had a drink in the last 30 days.
and only about 65% claimed they had a drink in the last 6 months.

And of those that do drink a very small percentage drink and drive.

How about we put breathalyzers on computers to keep people from drinking and posting.
How about we put inertial motion sensors on phones to prevent you from texting or talking while driving.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Don't worry they are legalizing Marijuana in more and more places. People will still be driving while impaired dispite the governments good intentions to baby sit them.

Oh please people have been driving under the influence of marijuana for DECADES! I would rather drive with a bunch of stoners on the road vs alcoholics and pill poppers. Stop blaming marijuana smokers.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Imagine if they put in a card reader where you have to insert a valid drivers license for it to start. And then another slot for your credit card to make up for the gas tax...

Random person inserts debit card.
car voice: your balance allows you to drive 1.3 miles, I suggest you stay home

Seems to me that would kinda fall under illegal search and seizure? I know sobriety checkpoints are illegal(unconstitutional?) here in Mi. When I lived in Vegas, they had them. Never saw one because the news broadcast where they were.

So if a random sobriety check is illegal/unconstitutional in MI, how is a random sobriety check going to be legal in MI?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
makes me think of the scene at the end of The Prisoner
the guy gets back home, hops in his car, and starts driving.
freedom!!!

the left wants to take that away.

remember the Beatles song about the tax man?

if you drive your car I'll tax the street
if you try to walk I'll tax your feet

control control control

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
It's been talked about before if you Google it, here's an article detailing the technology:

link

Ending drunk driving and a need for the police is great, but if the system malfunctions and you're stranded would be terrible. I can also imagine some life and death situations when there is no choice and someone buzzed needs to drive someone to the hospital or some other type of scenario that you can't wait for a Lyft or Ambulance.

This technology might prevent some auto theft. I'd imagine that people who steal cars might do do under the influence.

I highly doubt any professional car thief is drunk on the job . Maybe meth or something but they wouldn’t go around stealing cars after a night of drinking . I imagine they’re armed and sober . They show up with two of them and I’m almost positive the ride they bring to steal your ride is also stolen . I’m pretty sure most work the same way .

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD
Imagine if they put in a card reader where you have to insert a valid drivers license for it to start. And then another slot for your credit card to make up for the gas tax...

Random person inserts debit card.
car voice: your balance allows you to drive 1.3 miles, I suggest you stay home

Seems to me that would kinda fall under illegal search and seizure? I know sobriety checkpoints are illegal(unconstitutional?) here in Mi. When I lived in Vegas, they had them. Never saw one because the news broadcast where they were.

So if a random sobriety check is illegal/unconstitutional in MI, how is a random sobriety check going to be legal in MI?

They are illegal everywhere. Have you not read the fourth amendment? Do you not care about rights ?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Theres just no way they don't realize there actions will stop them from winning a election for decades

They are unstoppable now.

After installing a dementia-ridden idiot as president, there are no boundaries in their election fraud schemes.

Next will be a bill that requires drivers to be masked and vaccinated.

It's clown world now.🤡

edit on 59115930pm302021Tue, 09 Nov 2021 17:59:27 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

Yeah , that Will Happen the Day the Goobermint puts a Co2 Sensor Up Bidens Arse .................

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

Corbyn Dallas, you have 5 points left on your license ...

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Take care of your vehicles and keep them as long as you can.
I will never buy a nwo vehicle. I plan on my 2015 Silverado lasting until I die.

Pre 1993 is better. My un-trackable 1969 Plymouth Fury III convertible will do just fine. Well except for the fact it's Spectre yellow with a black top, looks like a giant yellow jacket flying down the road lol. It's got a four body trunk though - lots of space for traveling. And if there's something wrong with it, we can most likely fix it ourselves. I hope I won't need to have some kind of 'pass' by then to cross state borders because I refuse to take a vaccine as I have natural immunity. Who knows if gasoline engines will still be a viable option as I'm sure that soon petroleum will be either obsolete or so outrageously expensive I won't be able to afford it. I'd have to do some kind of conversion. But....the car will definitely outlast me.

Although I'm against all the government overreach, it's a fact that approximately 800 persons a day are injured or killed from under the influence drivers. If the government wanted to take an epidemic seriously, this would be a good one to tackle. The penalties aren't stiff enough obviously or people wouldn't be doing it.

When I was in Denmark many years ago, you just didn't see drunk drivers because the penalties were super stiff. The friends I was partying with wouldn't consider drinking and driving. Everyone took busses or cabs to and from their outings involving alcohol, at least in Copenhagen and the surrounding areas.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join