It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden infrastructure bill would require cars come with ‘advanced alcohol monitoring systems’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

President Biden’s $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, if enacted, will force automobile manufacturers to equip all new vehicles with “advanced alcohol monitoring systems.”
The provision, which is buried within the 2,702-page bill, requires the Department of Transportation to create a new “advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology safety standard.”
The Transportation Department would have three years to design the new standard, followed by a two-year implementation timeline for automobile manufacturers.

I'm all for the current DUI laws. Some states are more strict than others, but all have some form of DUI laws.

I have known people that have had Breathalyzers installed in their cars. All have said they had some sort of problem with them, from not working at all to false readings causing more legal problems. One of my friends had one that quit working all together, and gave a code that said he had bypassed it 100 times. He was about to go to jail when the people that maintained and installed them, found bad connections causing the false reading. One was constantly late to work in the mornings because of his mouthwash. Now these were way back, so maybe they have improved.

The point is, this just another step from the federal government to control of your life. When you require people who don't drink to prove their not drunk that's overreach, just like proving you have taken the jabs. I'm thinking there's even going to be even more infringements to come.

edit on 9-11-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

I guess this is just another reason to keep those old cars running, but they'll probably pass a law that no vehicle older that 5 years be on the road. Plus by the time they get this going any vehicle older than 5 years will more than likely be beyond repair, or should I say cost to much to repair.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
expensive = add to price of cars for working Americans

gives gummint monitor access

potential for people to be stranded cuz technology isn't perfect

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Very true, tac on another 5000 for the cost of the car, which the cost of the Breathalyzers is only 50 bucks from china.
Then as you say just more info for the feds to watch you like the IRS monitoring your bank accounts.
And as I said. ignition system locked out cause of false readings.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Don't worry they are legalizing Marijuana in more and more places. People will still be driving while impaired dispite the governments good intentions to baby sit them.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Right after they started legalizing marijuana , states and feds started talking about ways to detect that. Don't be surprised if they come up with a right now piss test or blood test.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Take care of your vehicles and keep them as long as you can.
I will never buy a nwo vehicle. I plan on my 2015 Silverado lasting until I die.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

Right after they started legalizing marijuana , states and feds started talking about ways to detect that. Don't be surprised if they come up with a right now piss test or blood test.

I will not be passing in my car ... thats where I draw the line. This far no further.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

We own a 2003 Impala with 116,670 miles on it, and a 2008 Silverado with 175,000 miles on it both run great and are maintained regilarly. But both of them have to much BS on them that require me to have to take them to the shop if my reader doesn't display the right codes.

One time the Impala got hit in the parking lot when it had less than 100,000 miles on it in 2016. The insurance company sent three different adjusters out because they couldn't believe how good the condition it was in. They told me that they were wanting to total it, but couldn't because of condition.

We only put like 15 miles a day on it to and from work and about the same for the truck. When we take any road trips it's in a rental.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
ah ha, its becoming quite -clear that the lefty-progressives are 'on board' with a tightly controlled 'Police State....

watch as a modern, tech laden Gestapo is unveiled in the 'bill'

nazi party 2.0

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
But in the future, cars are supposed to be self driving? Does alcohol affect the driving system or are they just giving up on the self driving thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Fill up your car at the gas station with corn gas and you won't be able to start the car because of the smell of the corn gas in the air.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I don't drink. Not a religious thing. I simply don't like the affect.

So why am I going to pay for a device to keep Nancy Pelosi from driving my car?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Take care of your vehicles and keep them as long as you can.
I will never buy a nwo vehicle. I plan on my 2015 Silverado lasting until I die.

I'm seriously considering finding a replacement drivetrain for my '99 tacoma just to wrap up and put into storage. 225k on the clock and its in better condition than most trucks I see just five years old around here... because every year I put a few extra hours of work into keeping it that way.
My biggest concern with that is wrecking it in an accident. Can't exactly replace something like this.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

So why am I going to pay for a device to keep Nancy Pelosi from driving my car?

A most excellent post!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We are going to fix the racist road system too.

Hope they legalize assisted suicide soon so I don't have to watch my Country circle the 'woke' drain much longer.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If I get in one of these new cars when I am totally sober and start driving with a quart bottle of grain alcohol in my hand I can drink and drive until the gasoline runs out.
What did the new system solve in that case?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When one is diabetic the enzymes created can cause breath tests to show a good amount of alcohol consumed when none has been .
There have been major lawsuits won on that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
First seatbelts, then masks and now alcohol monitoring system???? Shame on them for trying to protect us!
edit on 9-11-2021 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

They already have a test, 5 minute rapid saliva test.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
First seatbelts, then masks and now alcohol monitoring system???? Shame on them for trying to protect us!

If the electronics in my car that monitor seatbelt use stop working my car still starts. If I use mouthwash and a mask all I do is smell better breath, I don't get stranded on my way to work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join