It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could move right this moment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'd love to live in Texas. I wish I knew someone there that could help me achieve this.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob
I'd love to live in Texas. I wish I knew someone there that could help me achieve this.

I have 180 irrigated acres for sale in cotton and onions; In the Texas Panhandle. You a farmer? Of course I retain the mineral rights! But if you can come up with a reasonable down, I'll carry the paper. Always ready to help out my brother of wire and wood.
edit on 7-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Back to the hills of Eastern Kentucky. I own a home there and don't get back as much as I'd like. Been trying for a year to convince my wife to get out of Illinois, but her Dad is having some pretty serious health issues, so for now.....
I'm stuck here in Hellinois.

I live in Illinois.

This is home.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It isn't the location that creates your paradise...it's your state of mind. But the happiest time in my life was traveling around the US in an f150 working at odd jobs and playing the blues in bars at night. I knew when I traveled thru New Mexico, I was home.

Yep! Once you have lived in Oz, there is no place like home.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's what I am talking 'bout...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, not 'right this moment', but I'd opt for

West Germany, late 1950s, or,

Paris in the 1920s.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The place other than home that "felt" most comfortable just based on elevation climate and the way the sky was hung was at
the Oracle of Delphi in Greece.
A close second was Sucre, Bolivia

But there are other things to consider.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Paris in the 1920s.

Kindred souls!!!

I have been in love with everything French for as long as I can remember (not necessarily Paris)
I found out later on my GGrandma was French! Something in the blood!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Doing it now. Mountain village in Mexico.

You are living the good life in Mexico and you're worried about Boomers here?

I know why you are upset now!! You don't want them to all move down by you! 🤣
edit on 7-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Years ago I would have answered Hawaii. Then they got stupid.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It isn't the location that creates your paradise...it's your state of mind. But the happiest time in my life was traveling around the US in an f150 working at odd jobs and playing the blues in bars at night. I knew when I traveled thru New Mexico, I was home.

I grew up in NM, its changed very much.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just returned from 2 weeks in Ireland. I plan to return soon. Considering a much much longer stay. Cork or Kinsale will do.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The wife and I like it right where we are for now. The kids and grandkids are all around here and we have friends here. It is only a hundred miles from my home town, I wouldn't mind going up to that area and spend a week up there in the summer, my brother has a house and a camp up there and he says we can use them for a week if we want, the camp came from his wife's father, it is a nice place, but I know that her brothers kids stay up there for a week or two in the summer, so I can work around that. Either place is close to rivers and lakes where I can fish and there are some really good places to eat up there too, we have not been up there in five years now, next year we will go.

The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but our grass is full of all kinds of medicinal weeds. Why would I want to go somewhere else, the wife might want to go to Cornwell with the daughter some day for a couple of weeks, I think I just would like to stay here....she has a little English in her, she acts like it is a lot more than fourteen percent.

edit on 7-11-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I did that about 10 years ago when I moved to a sparsely populated stretch on the Oregon coast. A lot of factors, from low crime to what I consider to be good weather year round, made it the ideal place for us.

In about 5 years, we are moving back to Japan, but not because I want to live there. I just believe that I will die before my wife, and she could never survive in the U.S. without my help.
edit on 7 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Somewhere far far away, isolated from this modern civilization that ultimately only brings the death of true happiness.
A huge island with everything to survive would be the perfect fit.

Oh and also, I have a yatch ready to leave the shore by midnight the day after tomorrow but the places are very limited ...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I grew up in NM, its changed very much.

Yes, it has. Property prices have skyrockeded, but even with that, many, many, new people moving in and the infrastructure isn't prepared to handle it. My little hippy adobe shack and 4 acres on the river is now appraised at an obscene amount; tempted to sell out and build in the Sangre de Christos somewhere.
edit on 7-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Honestly, I would leave the planet (with my willing loved ones) if it were up to me.
But otherwise, I'd return to the Netherlands.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Alaska.

Simple.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I'll wave to you...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I've travelled a fair bit however never been anywhere quite like home.

Intend to buy a remote homestead somewhere on or near the East bank of Loch Lomond.

Posted in another thread but i took this picture from right outside my tent this year while on a fishing trip:

Combined with a fire and a bottle of whisky you simply can't beat it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join