It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could move right this moment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you could move right this moment, no strings attached, where would you end up? Anywhere on earth?

As of this morning for me it would be Tennessee. Is that weird?
A friend posted a photo of Tennessee she took this morning and it just looked like the most perfect place on earth. I have visited many times.
There is just a peacefulness there that is unexplainable.

So where would the magic school bus take you?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
If you could move right this moment, no strings attached, where would you end up? Anywhere on earth?

Did just that.
FLORIDA!...Happy as can be right now!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Did just that. FLORIDA!...Happy as can be right now!

Did you end up in the very old city?
If you venture more toward the center of the state check out Blue Springs Park.
It is a place that I actually consider magical…

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was in Florida, but just moved back to the Philippines.

My favorite place on earth.

Warm climate. Warm, friendly people. Very low cost of living. Focus on family/tribe. Beautiful.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Did just that. FLORIDA!...Happy as can be right now!

Did you end up in the very old city?
If you venture more toward the center of the state check out Blue Springs Park.
It is a place that I actually consider magical…

Just south of the old city...can't wait to explore it all.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It isn't the location that creates your paradise...it's your state of mind. But the happiest time in my life was traveling around the US in an f150 working at odd jobs and playing the blues in bars at night. I knew when I traveled thru New Mexico, I was home.

edit on 7-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It isn't the location that creates your paradise...it's your state of mind.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

Sometimes the place really helps!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It isn't the location that creates your paradise...it's your state of mind.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

Sometimes the place really helps!

Agree. It takes too much energy to disregard where one lives. Helps immensely if the place is attractive, however one perceives that.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That is so strange. I thought to myself Tennessee. Then I opened the thread. I want to be there because I had done some research during the lock down in2020. I was looking for places that were safe and where a teacher could live. Also, it looks very nice. My aunt bought a place in Clarksville. That was the very town I was thinking. I never talk to this aunt ( ex- aunt, she divorced my uncle Many years ago, that was strange to have even talked to her. Great minds think alike I guess. I. Will. Go. Soon. Cali. Politics. Suck.

As of this morning for me it would be Tennessee. Is that weird?
A friend posted a photo of Tennessee she took this morning and it just looked like the most perfect place on earth. I have visited many times.
There is just a peacefulness there that is unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dolomites - no specific village

Italian Alpi Dolomitiche, mountain group lying in the eastern section of the northern Italian Alps, bounded by the valleys of the Isarco (northwest), the Pusteria (north), the Piave (east and southeast), the Brenta (southwest), and the Adige (west)...

www.britannica.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Venice or Florence.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Because of my love for Water, Sand and Aviation...

1: Titusville Florida. near water and NASA... ( also can harass IAMTAT )

2: Brownsville Texas. South Padré Island... SpaceX and a now growing community with beaches.

But since you are giving me an unrestricted choice.

Bali, Indonesia.... Spiritually this is where I'm headed. Don't need internet, don't need much in the way of possessions ( big house, expensive car ).

I could have nothing and feel rich beyond any wealth.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

1: Titusville Florida. near water and NASA...

My favorite beach is just a smidge north, New Smyrna Beach.
I have to say, I loved the beaches, the sky, the landscape of Florida, but there was something.

There was something absolutely unexplainable when I lived there. It was as if I could never feel settled and always had a sinking feeling.
I heard that it was actually common. I have never felt that way anywhere else.
I don’t know if it was because there isn’t a lot of “solid” land or how the wind moves across the state. There was just something. As soon as I moved back to the Midwest it went away. I also did not feel that way in the Pacific Northwest, so I know it wasn’t just being by the water.

edit on 7-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It took me 10 years to get out of Chicago and get to CA. TX has been home for almost 4 years, now. I think, not far from here on 7 - 20 acres.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm right where I want to be...Central North Carolina......4 seasons and a short drive to the beach or mountains. I love my state. I lived in Florida and New York neither of them come close to N.C. " I like calling North Carolina home".
edit on Novemberam30b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos

That is so strange. I thought to myself Tennessee. Then I opened the thread. I want to be there because I had done some research during the lock down in2020. I was looking for places that were safe and where a teacher could live. Also, it looks very nice.

If you get the chance visit.
It is absolutely gorgeous, truly a God’s country type of place. Be warned, people think they like rural until they are actually living in it. There are some places that are soooo rural there and….. um…… rural people that come along with it. Like people that eat bbq raccoon, and come down the hills when the moon shines lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

It took me 10 years to get out of Chicago and get to CA. TX has been home for almost 4 years, now. I think, not far from here on 7 - 20 acres.

I was ready to leave Illinois but my husband was born and raised there. It was very hard for him to leave, but once we did we never looked back. It is our home state and there is so much we love about it, but there is just too wrong with it. Illinois is a sick state that needs too much help, it will only get worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It really depends.

Ideally, I'd like to retire in North GA mountains, Tennessee, or Western NC mountains. I like places with 3 seasons. I am not a huge fan of extreme cold (snow). The problem is everyone else seems to have discovered these areas too so getting priced out.

If it were just me, I'd already just have a small cabin out in middle of nowhere. I just want some long range views and maybe 25 to 100 acres. A place hidden away. No real neighbors. My fantasy off grid existence. Far enough away that when society collapses, I won't even know it but still convenient enough for a trip into town if I need to socialize or some groceries.

My other dream is Martha's Vineyard. Beautiful island but harsh winters and rich liberal elites. However, I've been going there every summer for 20 years and it is a special place to me. Very peaceful and relaxing.

The reality though is that I have young children and won't be able to live out my off grid dream any time soon. The wife is also kind of a city girl so she ain't really down with the hillbilly living but whatever.

edit on 7-11-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Doing it now. Mountain village in Mexico.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

I was ready to leave Illinois but my husband was born and raised there. It was very hard for him to leave, but once we did we never looked back. It is our home state and there is so much we love about it, but there is just too wrong with it. Illinois is a sick state that needs too much help, it will only get worse.

Sad thing is that I like Chicago as a city. However, it can't reach it's potential due to inept liberal leadership both at city and state level.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join