It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveler captured in time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is going to be my first ever post ATS; so please be easy on me, Thank you. So as a guitarist I listen to all kinds of music & videos on youtube or other places for influences and or learning new techniques. So as I was watching this video about the roots of Rock -n- Roll, I came across this video called the 'Howlin' Wolf' Story. Very good watch if you are into this sort of thing.

So whilst watching this documentary there is this scene where they show footage of "Wolf" singing in some old place that is no more. The filming focuses on the band for a few and then @44:10 and on you will see a man named "Sonny Boy Williamson" Talking into and recording the whole scene on what appears to be a cell phone. In 1966.

So I clipped a snapshot and used windows paint to explain what is happening during this part of the video.

So as it happens, bear with me on this.

A* He is talking into this device.
B* The peculiar pattern of fingers most of of use to position and balance our phones to capture video or audio.
C* Now I put two arrows for C to show two (2) camera's. Most modern day phones have two or more camera's.
D* Off to the left I show period style bottles and Cig's, throughout the entire shot there are period items.

Here's the screen-cap with the arrows that explain.

The full video, the sequence of event's I mention start's @44:10

Hope you all like my first post entry on ATS. Stay Blessed!

R.I.P. Howlin' Wolf, aka Chester Burnett

edit on 10312021 by GuitaristRob because: add text correction

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To me it looks like he is giving someone the finger. Maybe a cigar sticking out of his top pocket.

Certainly doesn't look like he's holding something.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, nice find!! I wonder what the device is he's holding. Going to see Howling Wolf in the 60's would be a great time travel trip!

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel
To me it looks like he is giving someone the finger. Maybe a cigar sticking out of his top pocket.

Certainly doesn't look like he's holding something.
Huh? Really, When is the last time to had your eyeballs checked? lol, seriously. Is it a cigarette case would have been better than your response. But who talks into a cigarette case? But really 'Top Pocket' where are you at on this page? I mean really, it's not even his middle finger, so how is he giving someone the finger? Again really?
edit on 10312021 by GuitaristRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

the video seems to show it better than the photo, it certainly does look like he is holding something in the video

a reply to: GuitaristRob
I suppose it could be a mirror and he is singing into it

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
a reply to: nolabel

the video seems to show it better than the photo, it certainly does look like he is holding something in the video

I suppose it could be a mirror and he is singing into it

Was Narcissism that bad back then to use a mirror whilst talking?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

yeah but who does that.....

i think one of the best of these is the person ion camera at the Tyson fight in the 80's and someone in the crowd is CLEARLY holding a camera phone

also in this picture the 'mirror' has a missing part of the back right where we put our CCD cameras

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I guess if he was a timetraveller then the people there around him would perhaps be a little more intrigued by his new fangled device unlike anything else they had seen before, yet they all are sat down showing little interet in his special future device.

not trying to rain on your parade I am just offering a more down to earth approach

narcissism among rich and famous people has always and will always exist, the modern phone has just allowed lesser individuals to be more narcissistic, and they get labled as celebrities or influencers these days for having a online following

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
when I was a child I tuned our TV in the 80s to babestation. this never existed in the 80s.
think maybe its the rushed construct overlapping history in the limited time it was developed or created. that's my current t theory

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"Beam me up , Scotty"
Be serious .
Cigarette case with mirror to check ones face and hair .
edit on 10/31/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: UpThenDown

yeah but who does that.....

i think one of the best of these is the person ion camera at the Tyson fight in the 80's and someone in the crowd is CLEARLY holding a camera phone

also in this picture the 'mirror' has a missing part of the back right where we put our CCD cameras

Just think if it would have been an old Mike Tyson out there recording his own fight.

I believe ive peeked into the future before, but if I was ever to meet up with an older version of me time traveling back, I do have a secret password like phrase I thought of as a child, that I would use to prove it was really me

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
"Beam me up , Scotty"
Be serious .
Cigarette case with mirror to check ones face and hair .
did you watch the video? Why is he purposelessly talking into it, you can see him direct the thing whatever it is towards back towards the band, like he was documenting what was going on also? IDK?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow
when I was a child I tuned our TV in the 80s to babestation. this never existed in the 80s.
think maybe its the rushed construct overlapping history in the limited time it was developed or created. that's my current t theory
I got my own 80's memories that seem to be corrupted or changed since then myself also.
But hey, I am just a Guitarist that noticed something odd whilst watching a blues origin of rock video.
edit on 10312021 by GuitaristRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Looks alot like a mouth organ to me

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Looks alot like a mouth organ to me
Yea I got a harmonica myself. I never talk to it and damn well know better not to play it when a band is playing.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Has anyone seem Men in black ?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Is ATS just a bunch of lazy debunkers? Where's the fringe? Thanks.

edit on 10312021 by GuitaristRob because: Lazy

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Has anyone seem Men in black ?
Hmm? Thanks.
Hmm again? Sonny Boy Williamson = Will Smith? Kinda Acronym or something?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That's Sonny Boy Williamson, who was a harmonica player and a singer.

Slow the footage down. That thing he's holding? It's a harmonica. You can see the holes along the top edge.

Quite simply, he's singing whilst holding a harmonica.

edit on 31-10-2021 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob He looks like Will Smith

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join