It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Authorities Detain British Fishing Boat - UK summons French ambassador

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And the Scots are British!

The ruling Normans were distinct and separate from the local Franks etc with their own customs and traditions.

Prior to Rollo the Viking settlements in Normandy were small and inconsequential.
Rollo died in 930, 136 years before The Battle of Hastings, not 200 years. (32% out)

The Norsemen were still very distinct and unmistakably non-French in how they lived and acted and they in no way considered themselves French.
They had their own culture and customs which differed quite a bit from those of the local population.

I know my History.

Shouldn't that read 'Google and Wikipedia knows its history'?

Rollo settled in France some 40 years before his death. So, 200 years is about right.

America has always been there for France, as Biden states. However the Americans where to busy to be there for The French in 1914 and 1939.

Bidens words are exactly what you would expect from an IRA supporting President.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The ruling Normans were distinct and separate from the local Franks etc with their own customs and traditions.

Prior to Rollo the Viking settlements in Normandy were small and inconsequential.
Rollo died in 930, 136 years before The Battle of Hastings, not 200 years. (32% out)

The Norsemen were still very distinct and unmistakably non-French in how they lived and acted and they in no way considered themselves French.
They had their own culture and customs which differed quite a bit from those of the local population.

I know my History.

Rollo settled in France some 40 years before his death. So, 200 years is about right.

America has always been there for France, as Biden states. However the Americans where to busy to be there for The French in 1914 and 1939.

Bidens words are exactly what you would expect from an IRA supporting President.

Does this mean the UK is finaly free of the whole 'special relationship' bull#?

If so it's the first and probably onlygood policy decision Biden will make considering the millions of lives and trillions of pounds it's cost the UK.

Biden and Pelosi are proper guiness drinking, balaclava wearing numpties- though it does follow the post WW2 US tradition of arming,funding and training terror groups against the UK.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Some idiots supported the IRA, and other groups elsewhere. Wrongly, I might add.

So yet another American President tosses Britain under the bus.

Yeah, I'd say the "special relationship" is pretty much history, at this point.

God forbid it should ever be required with the two idiots we've got supposedly running the show, both here, and there...

We'd be doomed.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I know my History.

Still pissed that the Irish handed the Brits their arses on a plate and had them walk the walk of shame out of Dublin and onto a boat in 1922. Get over it. Your mighty empire lost to a few thousand determined men and women.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I know my History.

Still pissed that the Irish handed the Brits their arses on a plate and had them walk the walk of shame out of Dublin and onto a boat in 1922. Get over it. Your mighty empire lost to a few thousand determined men and women.

You seem to be permanently "pissed". Why are you so full of hate for Brits, and the English in particular? That sort of hate is not good for you.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Solo's hatred and bigotry seeps out of his every utterance.
In the end it will consume him.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I know my History.

You seem to be permanently "pissed". Why are you so full of hate for Brits, and the English in particular? That sort of hate is not good for you.

Yep nothing sadder than people posting insults about another nationality...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Still pissed that the Irish handed the Brits their arses on a plate and had them walk the walk of shame out of Dublin and onto a boat in 1922.

Really ?

You obviously don't know that The Irish Free State was part of The British Empire until 1936, and The British Monarch was still Head Of State. The Irish Act of 1949, removed any remaining powers held by The Crown.

Go back to your colouring books.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I know my History.

Yep nothing sadder than people posting insults about another nationality...

Oops. Mea Culpa.....

🥃

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

But at least I don't revel in things like Dunkirk, etc.....

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The 'special relationship' has been an illusion.

Post WWII only Reagan and possibly Clinton and Dubya have been particularly pro-British but even then its been only when suited.
The last three President's have been decidedly anti-British, which is fine I just wish they wouldn't pretend otherwise.

The UK has backed and supported the US in nearly every single military operation and in most of its foreign policy decisions over the same time - the notable exception being Vietnam and the less said about that the better - with little in return.

That's not sour grapes, just the way it is.
Yes, we're allies with some shared interests and even some common values and cultural similarities, but that seems to be it....that's the way the US wants it so lets just move on.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Dunkirk evacuation which was only possible due to the rearguard action fought by those " cheese munching surrender monkeys".

It's a lot easier to say we will never surrender when you have 20 miles of water and the world's most powerful navy between your capital and the enemy.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The Dunkirk evacuation which was only possible due to the rearguard action fought by those " cheese munching surrender monkeys".

It's a lot easier to say we will never surrender when you have 20 miles of water and the world's most powerful navy between your capital and the enemy.

All true, except that did not prevent the Luftwaffe attacking us. Was not easy.

And:

"Late on 23 May, a halt order was issued by Generaloberst Gerd von Rundstedt, commander of Army Group A. Adolf Hitler approved this order the next day, and had the German High Command send confirmation to the front. Attacking the trapped BEF, French, and Belgian armies was left to the Luftwaffe until the order was rescinded on 26 May. This gave Allied forces time to construct defensive works and pull back large numbers of troops to fight the Battle of Dunkirk. From 28 to 31 May, in the siege of Lille, the remaining 40,000 men of the French First Army fought a delaying action against seven German divisions, including three armoured divisions."

Hitler, for various possible reasons, spared the BEF.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

And:

"Late on 23 May, a halt order was issued by Generaloberst Gerd von Rundstedt, commander of Army Group A. Adolf Hitler approved this order the next day, and had the German High Command send confirmation to the front. Attacking the trapped BEF, French, and Belgian armies was left to the Luftwaffe until the order was rescinded on 26 May. This gave Allied forces time to construct defensive works and pull back large numbers of troops to fight the Battle of Dunkirk. From 28 to 31 May, in the siege of Lille, the remaining 40,000 men of the French First Army fought a delaying action against seven German divisions, including three armoured divisions."

An abridged history of ww2 could read one bollocked Austrian comes to power, makes lots of stupid decisions , shoots himself in head.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And:

An abridged history of ww2 could read one bollocked Austrian comes to power, makes lots of stupid decisions , shoots himself in head.

Ah, but according to the documentary "The Boys from Brazil" Hitler was cloned.

Wasn't he off his head on crystal meth or something?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Still pissed that the Irish handed the Brits their arses on a plate and had them walk the walk of shame out of Dublin and onto a boat in 1922.

Really ?

You obviously don't know that The Irish Free State was part of The British Empire until 1936, and The British Monarch was still Head Of State. The Irish Act of 1949, removed any remaining powers held by The Crown.

Just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's and to save face so that it didn't look like capitulation to the rest of those still in chains. Typical British. Can't even leave anywhere with dignity. Got to make it look like they won (See Brexit)

The brits (Auxies and Tans) were forced out of Ireland by 1922.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Really ?

Just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's and to save face so that it didn't look like capitulation to the rest of those still in chains. Typical British. Can't even leave anywhere with dignity. Got to make it look like they won (See Brexit)

The brits (Auxies and Tans) were forced out of Ireland by 1922.

God, you are totally sad. You seem to live in the past. Guess you aren't up with current events?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

He has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

Everything he posts has to have some sort of anti-British/anti-English slant in order to feed his bigotry and hatred.

I'd love to meet him in real life and discuss his racism face to face....I suspect his arse would fall out.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

He has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

Everything he posts has to have some sort of anti-British/anti-English slant in order to feed his bigotry and hatred.

I'd love to meet him in real life and discuss his racism face to face....I suspect his arse would fall out.

Anti-British slant. In a thread people are wishing to go to war with France and have them put them in their place with over some Scallops?.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner for the title of the Internets hardest thickest bellend. Blowhard!.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Nobody wants to go to war with France our fight will be through the courts.

But Ms Truss told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that fishing licences had been awarded to French boats "entirely in accordance" with the post-Brexit deal between the EU and UK.

She warned that unless France withdrew its threats, the UK was prepared to "use the dispute resolution mechanism in the trade deal we signed with the EU to take action against the French".

"We're simply not going to roll over in the face of these threats," she added.
www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join