It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Authorities Detain British Fishing Boat - UK summons French ambassador

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hmmmm..... just to stir the pot. The Scots have a history of aligning themselves with the French over England, just saying.
They were against Brexit, yet want Independence......
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No turkey for you.

I don't like turkey anyway.

I prefer capon.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I LOVE watching you Brits get pissed off about # like this.

Let's me know the grit's still there.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Let's not forget "sabotage" is a French word.......

So is cowardice.

According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the word coward came into English from the Old French word coart (modern French couard), which is a combination of the word for "tail" (Modern French queue, Latin cauda) and an agent noun suffix. It would therefore have meant "one with a tail", which may conjur an image of an animal displaying its tail in flight of fear ("turning tail"), or a dog's habit of putting its tail between its legs when it is afraid.

en.wikipedia.org...

My grandad was on a British destroyer that was sunk in French waters in the 1940’s. He and one other seaman survived.

If it wasn’t for the Brits and the Yanks the French would be screaming “hier nicht fischen!!” right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
White flag waving backwards tank driving......

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
scallops are already £3.85 in Tesco the French will be pushing the prices up beyond what is fair game

quote]originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im amused as all hell at this. The OP write up was humorous as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The Brits here may be missing a key actor in this situation.

The only reason Macron is acting so stupid is that he thinks the EU will back him.

And who backs the EU?

Think financial and media influence. It ain't Panzers and Stukas anymore when it comes to takeover of other countries.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
that's right sunshine just like when we forced the Nazi's out of your Country !

"YOU" never forced anyone from France. To suggest so smacks of Stealing the honour from those who did.
PS, the days of England "Summoning" anyone are over. Summoned!

PPS, The French fought just as hard and as bravely as anyone could against a superior military machine that was the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe, the french resistance fought for 4 years whilst the British rebuilt, retrained, and twiddle thumbs waiting for backup From the US.

Last time I checked the Germans chased the British army into the sea in 1940. Dunkirk anyone?. Turd polishing at its finest.
edit on 29-10-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

PPS, The French fought just as hard and as bravely as anyone could

Apart from The Vichy French you mean, who collaborated with the nazi's.

the french resistance fought for 4 years

Armed, trained and financed by The British.

Last time I checked the Germans chased the British army into the sea in 1939

Better than being killed or taken prisoner though.
edit on 29-10-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The French surrendered meekly because they didn't want their 'beautiful capital city' getting bombed and ruined.

The British absolutely refused to give in despite repeated offers of a ceasefire from Hitler.
'We'll fight them on the beaches' and all that.

There were far more French collaborators than there were Resistance fighters.
And a lot of time what Resistance fighters there were spent as much time fighting each other as they did the Germans.
And they were trained and funded by the UK.

Real history.....not your self-hating, anti-British, anti-English bile and bigotry which you predictably trot out at every opportunity.

It must be hard work being so consumed with such bitterness and hatred.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the cheeky blighters! send for horatio hornblower!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

"YOU" never forced anyone from France. To suggest so smacks of Stealing the honour from those who did.

PPS, The French fought just as hard and as bravely as anyone could against a superior military machine that was the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe, the french resistance fought for 4 years whilst the British rebuilt, retrained, and twiddle thumbs waiting for backup From the US.

Last time I checked the Germans chased the British army into the sea in 1940. Dunkirk anyone?. Turd polishing at its finest.

Twiddled thumbs? What, like during the Blitz and the Battle of Britain?

Mrs Carpy's Dad was at Dunkirk. Shame he's no longer with us. I'm sure he'd have had something to say to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"YOU" never forced anyone from France.

No but my Grandfather did and he also lost a brother who was doing the same , "We" is used as a collective for the Britain's who fought and died so the French and the rest of Europe could live in peace free of the Nazi tyranny.

Turd polishing at its finest.

Something you are a master at.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Except that’s not the whole story.

The French Underground was supported in a big way by the British.

My family is English and French. My great uncle on my dad’s side (my grandmother was French) was quite high up the ladder in the Underground. He flew into England every few months for debriefing and planning with Churchill and the gang. Trained some famous British spy lady who’s name I don’t recall and parachuted with her into occupied territory.

He had an amazing life. Unfortunately he was a Royalist. At the big Allied victory bash right after the war he was asked by de Gaulle “why he was still here”. (He lived in Wales prior to the war).

Within a week he and his driver were killed in their vehicle after touring a concentration camp. The car was driven off the road by another vehicle. An unfortunate “accident”.

My point is that the Underground would never have been as impactful or cohesive as it was without the support of the British.

There’s always more to the stories from back then.

ETA: just checked with my mum, it was Dunkirk where my grandads destroyer was sunk. It wasn’t the only one. The British lost many lives on that beach and in those waters. The French either have a short memory or they are just being French.

Either way your logic that British sailors getting massacred at Dunkirk makes your point is very lame.
edit on 10 29 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

It's a good point but in a once in a lifetime event I think even the EU is refusing to back Macron and saying he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

The EU voted to refuse Macrons claims and disaproved his agressive tactics and he's already in a lot of trouble with the EU after his agressive and illegal attempts to cut off the UKs energy supply.

The EU know he's just coming out with bull# claims and trying to appear a nationalist 'tough guy' in France in his attempt to gain re-election due to the huge threat the far-right parties pose in France.

He's basically been told to go eat a bowl of dicks and shut up as it's a battle he will never win, but has decided to dig his own grave deeper instead.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Mrs Carpy's Dad was at Dunkirk. Shame he's no longer with us. I'm sure he'd have had something to say to you.

My Grandad was an old Yorkshire man. He would certainly have a few choice words as well. Good luck understanding him though LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In a letter to the European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen French PM Jean Castex spills the beans on what this standoff is really about.

French PM Jean Castex has sent a letter to Ursula von der Leyen, the Commission’s president, to notify her of Paris’ planned reprisals against the UK in the fish war. Castex asks for support because the EU needs to show ‘leaving the Union is more damaging than remaining in it’.
twitter.com...

A key part of the letter from Castex reads: “It therefore seems necessary for the EU to show its total determination to obtain full respect for the agreement by the UK and to assert its rights by using the levers at its disposal ... It is essential to clearly show the European public opinion that honouring the commitments entered into is non-negotiable and that there is more damage to leaving the union than to remaining in it.”
uk.yahoo.com...

Is it any wonder we wanted to leave , childish tantrums at not getting their own way is typical EU behavior.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Depending upon what they do, in their attempts to intimidate Great Britain...that's tantamount to a declaration of war--Casus Belli, if you will.

Not quite at that point yet, but damn...it's trending.

Does Europe want yet another blood-letting? WWI, and WW2 weren't enough??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join