It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Authorities Detain British Fishing Boat - UK summons French ambassador

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Why? Just making sure they close the door when they'll actually leave.
You studs still want to leave, right?
Just close the door when you do.
That's all.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What?

Run that one by me again, please.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No Sir. I don't want to run into your fist.
May I excuse myself?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

*and kick...*

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

OK?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Confused?

Hi how are you?

Did it work?

My post was just the only possible answer one can give to this

originally posted by: seagull

What?

Run that one by me again, please.

Don't you think?
edit on 30-10-2021 by Peeple because: clarification

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The French surrendered meekly because they didn't want their 'beautiful capital city' getting bombed and ruined.

The British absolutely refused to give in despite repeated offers of a ceasefire from Hitler.
'We'll fight them on the beaches' and all that.

There were far more French collaborators than there were Resistance fighters.
And a lot of time what Resistance fighters there were spent as much time fighting each other as they did the Germans.
And they were trained and funded by the UK.

Real history.....not your self-hating, anti-British, anti-English bile and bigotry which you predictably trot out at every opportunity.

It must be hard work being so consumed with such bitterness and hatred.

Still pissed at 1066 when the french came over and blootered your lot senseless.

Real History!

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Why? Just making sure they close the door when they'll actually leave.

We actually left the EU at the end of last year , the door is closed but unlike our European friends we didn't feel the need to petulantly slam it.... which is probably why you missed it.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But you have not left yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The UK officially left the EU on January 31st 2020
Link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

But apparently all bets are off and agreements don't mean anything anymore?

Problem: Forms create additional bureaucracy and costs for businesses. Although the TSS reduces this burden, it may only be available for a limited period of time. If the grace periods end, customs declarations will be required on each individual parcel sent from GB–NI, which means GB-based businesses may be less willing to sell to customers in NI.

The big tit getting milked good.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The big tit getting milked good.

Which is part of the punishment beatings being handed out by the EU , "there is more damage to leaving the union than to remaining in it.”
We must be made an example of so others don't follow our path , ie "Polexit" or "Grexit" .... Italy are currently favourites to follow our lead.

Snipe all you like but the EU house of cards is looking shaky as others consider following our path to freedom.

We joined a trade partnership not a Superstate run by Germany , which is why we left.
edit on 31-10-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

bastion, thanks for the comment

I point out the influence behind the scenes for a couple of reasons.

One, Macron politically emerged from practically nowhere to become the head of France. Someone got him there. Could be EU influence or something else.

Two, this person has held office as chancellor of the most economically powerful country in the EU for ... get ready ... HALF the entire time since the Berlin Wall fell!

Too much influence by far for someone whose interactions with the EU executive are not subject to transparency or accountability requirements, and;

Too much influence for someone who got their political start as an Agitation and Propaganda leader with a communist youth movement.

Again, for an entire half of the period since the Fall of the Wall, this individual has directed Europe's trajectory.

Yes, the Brits should watch the government in Paris and respond commensurately. But they should also remain wary of the power behind the EU "throne".

Cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Still pissed at 1066 when the french came over and blootered your lot senseless.
Real History!

That was nearly a thousand years ago....a lot has happened since then.

And they weren't French, they were Vikings hence the terms Norsemen and Normans.

Not very good at this are you.

edit on 31/10/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The EU is like a divorced spouse who just can't let go.
Consumed by bitterness, rancour and even envy they seek to use their children as a weapon against their ex.

The EU's whole attitude to Northern Ireland shows a complete lack of concern or consideration for the people of both Ulster and The Republic of Ireland.
I suspect the EU would delight and even revel in seeing a return of The Troubles and the resultant misery and heartache just to be able to lay the blame on Brexit and those bastard Brits.

Absolutely everything is about punishment for daring to express one's Right to Self-Determination and deterring others from doing so.

When we left the EU I had no feelings of ill will towards the member states of the EU and their people.
Sadly that is slowly changing as all I see is resentment of the UK and every opportunity taken to cause confusion and disrupt anything and everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

When we left the EU I had no feelings of ill will towards the member states of the EU and their people.
Sadly that is slowly changing as all I see is resentment of the UK and every opportunity taken to cause confusion and disrupt anything and everything.

Yeah, you people seriously pissed in the EU's cornflakes with Brexit. And not just because it has caused them financial rearrangements etc. That single act truly threw some unspoken agendas right off the tracks. And if that is not the explanation for the Union's vindictive behavior, then the only other thing I can believe is that the Union's leaders are mentally and emotionally ill.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Real History!

That was nearly a thousand years ago....a lot has happened since then.

And they weren't French, they were Vikings hence the terms Norsemen and Normans.

Not very good at this are you.

The Norse were gifted the land north of the seine some 200 years before the battle of Hastings. Any and all descendants who took part in that battle were, for all intents and purposes, French by birth.

If you want to use time as an argument as to your nationality then Lizzy Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is a German and Boris De pfeffel Johnson is a Frenchman.

I know my History.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

And the Scots are British!

The ruling Normans were distinct and separate from the local Franks etc with their own customs and traditions.

Prior to Rollo the Viking settlements in Normandy were small and inconsequential.
Rollo died in 930, 136 years before The Battle of Hastings, not 200 years. (32% out)

The Norsemen were still very distinct and unmistakably non-French in how they lived and acted and they in no way considered themselves French.
They had their own culture and customs which differed quite a bit from those of the local population.

I know my History.

Shouldn't that read 'Google and Wikipedia knows its history'?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Capitalizing 'History' because it is a noun looks German.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And the Scots are British!

The ruling Normans were distinct and separate from the local Franks etc with their own customs and traditions.

Prior to Rollo the Viking settlements in Normandy were small and inconsequential.
Rollo died in 930, 136 years before The Battle of Hastings, not 200 years. (32% out)

The Norsemen were still very distinct and unmistakably non-French in how they lived and acted and they in no way considered themselves French.
They had their own culture and customs which differed quite a bit from those of the local population.

I know my History.

Shouldn't that read 'Google and Wikipedia knows its history'?

Rollo settled in France some 30 years before his death. So, lets call it 166 years give or take. What's so wrong with using modern technology to study history. None of us were born with vast historical knowledge. We all have to be taught it..No?.

edit on 31-10-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join