It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are trying to get people to do a run on Booze

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Holiday Shortages! Toys, Turkeys, Christmas Trees and (Gulp) Wine Could All Be Hard to Come by
Liquor shortages have been reported this year in multiple states — including Vermont, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and North Carolina, according to NPR. To cope with the shortages, Pennsylvania authorities recently enacted a two-bottle limit on some liquor products, including Hennessey cognac, Don Julio tequila and Buffalo Trace bourbon.

Looks like the alcohol industry wants in on the panic buying too.
I don't drink, but I live in a state where people can't function without booze.

I do think there are slight shortages but the panic buying and hoarding is magnifying the problem.
I was at a store getting a few Christmas gifts. I was told by the clerk that what I was getting was all that was on the floor and they wouldn't be getting any more. For all the late shoppers, good luck! I'm glad that I don't have any little kids to buy for. It seems like there will be a lot of hoard buying and trying to resell going on. I'm starting to see it already.

This article even says turkey might be in short supply. That's OK with me, it's not my favorite so it can easily be replaced with another food in my family.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
All of this is artificially created and flamed. If it were up to me , if you ignore it , it won't have the effect they're after and won't be tried again .

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When the booze runs out is when I'll be calling for violent revolution. But I'm pretty well stocked so this might not be until 2030.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If I'm a recovered alcoholic and Armageddon actually happens I'm allowed to fall of the wagon and not be judged right?

reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When the booze runs out is when I'll be calling for violent revolution. But I'm pretty well stocked so this might not be until 2030.

There hasn't been anything in short supply that I felt was a true emergency or a "real" true shortage.

TP - there were bidets
Paper Towels - kitchen towels or even napkins
Alcohol - you can actually make alcohol pretty easily
Gardening Seeds - For fruits and veggies you could easily buy organic plants and get the seeds from the source. There are also lots of private party sellers that will sell their excess flower/fruit/veg seeds

For a real shortage I think that would be
Not enough gasoline
No electricity
No internet/phone/cell phone
Medicine
The chip shortage for cars actually might be one we have to keep an eye on.

As far as product, I think most things we buy in the stores there is some kind of workaround. That just might be my thinking, and I think there are a lot of kindred souls on here too.
edit on 21-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'll invite you over to raid my wine cellar, bar and kegerator.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
There hasn't been anything in short supply that I felt was a true emergency or a "real" true shortage.

I've been able to get everything I normally got pre-Vid since summer of 2020.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
If I'm a recovered alcoholic and Armageddon actually happens I'm allowed to fall of the wagon and not be judged right?

You can come drink my homemade vanilla extract if needed.
But good for you, alcoholism is really bad. It runs in my family. Thank God I did not get that gene.
My poor sibling got all the addictive genes.

edit on 21-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

link   
I was wanting to pick up a turkey in the next couple weeks myself, but if there aren't any in the stores then.... Oh, well. I do already have four in stock.

Make your own wine. I do. Then you'll never run out.

link   
PM me your address, I'll put the wheels in motion on this side of the pond for a total global meltdown and get ready to party like it's 1699.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: nonspecific

I'll invite you over to raid my wine cellar, bar and kegerator.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

PM me your address, I'll put the wheels in motion on this side of the pond for a total global meltdown and get ready to party like it's 1699.

No problem.

Being that this is 'Murica we can do it right by getting drunk and then busting out the firearms.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I was wanting to pick up a turkey in the next couple weeks myself, but if there aren't any in the stores then.... Oh, well. I do already have four in stock.

I almost always have a turkey in my deep freezer. People don't realize this but the turkey (frozen) that you buy from the store is a lot older than they realize. A few years in a deep freezer won't hurt.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mines hereditary but was partly self medicating for some undiagnosed mental health issues

I'm coming up four years drink and drug free now and I have to say that every day is a living hell.

Only joking, it's actually really nice to have it under control.

You can come drink my homemade vanilla extract if needed.
But good for you, alcoholism is really bad. It runs in my family. Thank God I did not get that gene.
My poor sibling got all the addictive genes.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Another reason for me to be glad that I've become a teetotaler again after my several months long binge. I say let there be as many shortages of stuff as possible. It's only going to hurt the democrats at midterms and likely in 2024. The white house is saying stuff like "Empty shelves aren’t a supply chain crisis – it’s a high-class problem."

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

party like it's 1699.

I knew my dandelion wine would be useful someday. The recipe I use is from the Middle Ages.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Actually, I figured this would happen at the start of the lockdowns so I am sad to admit we bought 15 cases of beer.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

I almost always have a turkey in my deep freezer. People don't realize this but the turkey (frozen) that you buy from the store is a lot older than they realize. A few years in a deep freezer won't hurt.

That's one thing I don't have in the freezer, a turkey. Last time I was at the store looking over the frozen turkeys, a lady called a store worker over as asked if the turkeys got any bigger then this( she held one up to show him). He said " No ma'am, they're dead".

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And me after reading the OP. . . .

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
its my understanding that the vaxxed will be dead or suffering blood clotting on a mass scale in the coming months, so there should be plenty left for the unvaxxed.

enjoy listening to music as its magic over the holidays and we must take care to celebrate the new year appropriately.

Ho Ho Ho as they say.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In South Africa we've had 4 complete alcohol bans since lock-down in March last year.

And since a fourth Covid-wave has been predicted for December, drinkers are urged to stock up now.
www.thespiritsbusiness.com...

Yuck, I can't stomach anymore pineapple-beer home-brew.
(Now I know what dissolved my teeth!)
Although even more mystifying is our tobacco and cigarette ban last year.
While everyone was smoking up a storm with the cheapest, crappiest, most over-priced cigarettes in history - the whole conspiracy allegedly connected to the wider Jacob Zuma family.
edit on 21-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join