It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are trying to get people to do a run on Booze

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My neighbors across the street are big on survivors food, like MREs, they have boxes and boxes of those, they give away some to my husband, they taste ok, to me.

They last for ever

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'd rather have " a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" . It had to be said.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
So we are part of a small yet determined group of people that actually want to watch the world burn.

We can sit back with a good bottle of single malt whiskey and a few barrels of good ale and meet our makers merry

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: nonspecific

YES YOU ARE !!!!! I will join you , been sober for 30 years

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wasn't there a time when keeping stores of food was considered reasonable cause to be suspected of terrorism?

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My neighbors across the street are big on survivors food, like MREs, they have boxes and boxes of those, they give away some to my husband, they taste ok, to me.

They last for ever

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Anyone who willingly eats MRE's is a terrorist to themselves.

edit on 22-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If your not willing to eat an mre your clearly not drunk enough.

Maybe it's easier if you're British, you've been here. Have you never had 12 pints of Stella and then eaten a donner kebab with garlic mayo and hot chilli sauce whilst stood on a street corner watching two drunken yobs have a fight?

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Anyone who willingly eats MRE's is a terrorist to themselves.

edit on 22/10/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I understood most of that and the answer is: I think maybe, yes.

edit on 22-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Use your government sanctioned graphine chip super soldier jab to allow you to travel over here again and try it.

youtu.be...

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I understood most of that and the answer is: I think maybe, yes.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'll be there in February, already booked the trip.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
They're costly. Most of it is dehydrated food I think. My grandma used to dry her string beans in her gas oven. It was a rather long and tedious process with her having to turn the beans at periodic intervals but. It was a gas oven and only needed the pilot light. Now days. Too many of us have electric stoves, so th as t won't work or maybe it would but I would hate to see the electric bill after having the oven on at its lowest setting for a few days. So. I looked into the food dehydrates. They seemed to be rather small or just too costly and you are still using your electric. So, I found some videos showing how to build a solar dehydrater... it has been too rainy here. Need to move to arizona I guess. Lol. I started looking at the crock pot dump bags instead. I just want a way to have full meals all prepared and ready to throw in the crockpot or oven and turn on or just add water and boil for those days when I feel too crappy to cook.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Maybe that's what it is, I only really drink beer not liquor anymore. Mostly imports so I can see those being short from time to time. Good thing microbreweries are big now, but one gets sick of IPAs

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good thing I shop online for holidays. I do not step foot into a store this time of year. I can't order it online I dont want it.

No shortages here in Florida of alcohol, but there is a shortage of people with brains!

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I do think there are slight shortages but the panic buying and hoarding is magnifying the problem.
I was at a store getting a few Christmas gifts. I was told by the clerk that what I was getting was all that was on the floor and they wouldn't be getting any more. For all the late shoppers, good luck! I'm glad that I don't have any little kids to buy for. It seems like there will be a lot of hoard buying and trying to resell going on. I'm starting to see it already.

Some of it could also be related to reselling online like Amazon, eBay, etc.

I ran into a lady who cleared out a whole shelf of Kroger peanut butter. I asked her if she was prepping, she said no, she was reselling $1 dollar peanut butter on Amazon for $5... she also cleared out the oatmeal shelf.

It's the same with the Dollar Store, where they cleared the shelves to resell online.

I looked it up on Amazon and sure enough, I found tons of jacked-up products being resold that way. I also found tons of YouTube videos pointing people to empty the shelves to resell.

They are treating these stores like wholesalers... crazy times🤡

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have the entire bottom of my refrigerator stocked with beer.
I’m not worried.

I’ve also taught my body via intermittent fasting on the weekend to do without beer for hours and burn fat more quickly so if I don’t drink enough, I guess I’ll just get thinner.

I drank beer after my first vaccine shot. I heard Tylenol killed someone. Surprised there aren’t anti drug people spouting off about how Tylenol can kill just like vaccine shots.

Fortunately we all have something completely safe to use like alcohol.
No reports of anyone dying from vaccine shots and beer.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter
My mom was a bar tender. So many of her friends died from liver disease. Add to that I spent many hours in that bar watching how dumb most people get drunk as a kid...
I think I have developed a psychosomatic allergy to alcohol.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I think I have developed a psychosomatic allergy to alcohol.

Sorry I changed what I originally replied with to this

edit on 22-10-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Damn, living on the edge!

I rarely drink beer or liquor, I can’t sleep, or sleep like dog crap, even after just a couple. Getting worse with age, so I basically quit. I like my sleep too much.
edit on 22-10-2021 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was being a little bit sarcastic. I only drink a little bit mainly when I go out to eat maybe once a week.
I did stay home tonight and drank 2 beers. The beer in the bottom of my refrigerator will last until December or January at the rate I’m drinking it. I don’t think drinking a little once or twice a week will kill me. In fact after cutting back sugar and cutting out all soda I have lost 20 pounds over the last 11 weeks. I am doing intermittent fasting on the weekends so I was definitely sarcastic about going hours without a beer. More like a week sometimes two weeks on occasion. I didn’t mean to sound like I have a drinking issue. Sometimes I think everyone understands my sarcasm.

I thought I was being funny but sometimes sarcasm doesn’t come across to everyone. The 18 beer bottles in my refrigerator is plenty for me. I have not noticed a shortage of beer at local stores. I could probably lose weight even faster if I drank no beer at all but never had the intention to totally change my lifestyle. At 55 years old, I didn’t realize I could lose weight so easily and still drink beer on occasion and even pizza on occasion.
Everything in moderation and cutting down on sugar and soda along with some intermittent fasting, getting more sleep and it all becomes easy.

I was getting something I call a ketone headache on Saturday and for weeksI thought it was caffeine withdrawal but after no soda for 2 weeks, I figured out it was a side effect from intermittent fasting or no food after drinking beer the night before and not enough water and no food for over 18 hours. I drank more water after the beer and the ketone headache stopped. Since this thread is about beer I was trying to be cheerful about drinking.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Mines hereditary but was partly self medicating for some undiagnosed mental health issues

I'm coming up four years drink and drug free now and I have to say that every day is a living hell.

Only joking, it's actually really nice to have it under control.

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: nonspecific
If I'm a recovered alcoholic and Armageddon actually happens I'm allowed to fall of the wagon and not be judged right?

reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can come drink my homemade vanilla extract if needed.
But good for you, alcoholism is really bad. It runs in my family. Thank God I did not get that gene.
My poor sibling got all the addictive genes.

I'm up to four years aswell.. don't you just love it when that moment comes when refusing a drink changes from being hard and a struggle, to being something you do with joy, pride and satisfaction?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join