It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are trying to get people to do a run on Booze

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How are you set for bacon?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Everyone panic buying.

Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes please, quit eating the cat food, drink beer instread!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

A lot of my neighbors are chunky.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

My cat is rather chunky also. You don't live by me, do you?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Rgr that I’ll be right over with my cleaver set and some curing salt 🥓

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You have a lot of weird I wouldn't call it doom and gloom topics but half the time I see nothing in real life of what I am seeing in your posts. I drink every weekend and I see no shortages.

Maybe IL is just full of crazies?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
My cat is rather chunky also. You don't live by me, do you?

I'm Italian, not Asian.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Not sure if I can believe you. I think I should keep my cat inside, just in case.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Brotherman

A lot of my neighbors are chunky.

I've heard long pig tastes like pork too

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

YES YOU ARE !!!!! I will join you , been sober for 30 years

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, if they can succeed, and increase the price of alcohol enough with a panic, my cheap currently-unsalable homemade wine might actually be more valuable ... on the black market, of course.

Win, win.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I bought a bottle of wine from Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard today.

Pretty pricey but worth it.

Should last a while, I'm a Sunday sipper.

The liquor store was busy almost all day and they were restocking when I went in.

Maybe folks are just getting trashed more than usual?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Companies love runs on their products, they just don’t admit it to the public. For awhile there was a Coors light shortage out west, of all places Nor Cal, due to their special run of cans. They had plenty of beer, but people where buying it off shelves in other states, until their supply of cans came back.

I know companies scheme up fads and all, but this shortage gossip is what they want.

Remember the Twinky run a few years ago?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is not just the result of panic buying. I understand why some are saying that, as it is a lot more comforting and less anxiety inducing than the truth... but the simple truth here is that the supply chains from the bottom to the top, are broken and aren't going to be easily fixed now that there are massive, gaping holes throughout the process. A good way you can test whether the problems are panic buying or something much more structurally concerning is pretty simple: if the shortages are only impacting the household market, it's likely panic buying... if it is impacting commercial business, then it is a mixture of panic buying and supply shortages... if it is hitting institutions and industries, then it is entirely a supply chain failure.

Check the news from this week. schools, hospitals, even prisons are now reporting an inability to get staples like toilet paper and milk. Auto dealerships can't get new or used cars enough to fill lots... and NOBODY panic buys effing new cars and trucks. Even the US military is now saying the microchip shortage has reached the point where the most powerful consumer on the planet: the Pentagon, has to slow down on development and production of some things.

We are witnessing a collapse. I'm sure the USSR had a majority of Soviets not believing they were experiencing the end of Perestroika well into 1991 when their country officially collapsed.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm sure there is not much panic buying going on here. Everyone I've talked with had learned their lesson the spring of 2020.
edit on 21 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

edit on 21 10 2021 by tamusan because: double

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Is interesting to see what people goes for when is a shortage of food,

First is toilet paper, clorox and disinfectants
paper towels

Then they empty all the snacks and junk food, I mean all the bags and candy gone, then chicken.

Soo the healthy food is left alone, I will not have a problem with finding food that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Is interesting to see what people goes for when is a shortage of food,

First is toilet paper, clorox and disinfectants
paper towels

Then they empty all the snacks and junk food, I mean all the bags and candy gone, then chicken.

Soo the healthy food is left alone, I will not have a problem with finding food that is for sure.

"Healthy food" by and large doesn't store well without putting a lot of work into it. Those who are buying food to prepare for the coming end times foretold in Revelations are seeking foods that can be stored for use when life becomes REALLY difficult... (which I expect will start sometime in 2022 around or just after the midterm election...)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I work in a restaurant. Lots of shortages off and on. On liquor. Some beers - because of the bottle shortages. We can get most beers in cans though. Nothing horrific and they come and go on different products. There are a few we couldn't get for quite a while. Pepsi products were an issue for quite a while. It all seems to work itself out for the most part.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join