It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out how the Amish handled it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
March 2020, they all went to church and drank from the same wine cup. By May it was all over, and that would have been the alpha wave. They are now making more money than they ever have. According to the elder very few deaths.They dont trust big government Big Pharma or doctors as they are a rip off. So the Government knew this and two years later we are still getting it in the teeth, some interesting lessons to be learned here. vwww.bitchute.com...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Are the Amish smarter? Maybe, maybe not.
But anyone that is half smart is not afraid of a virus that kills less than 1% of those who get infected.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I think the Amish have common sense, plus they are healthy mostly work outside and have plenty of vitamin D in their bodies. Plus don't eat crap.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

But anyone that is half smart is not afraid of a virus that kills less than 1% of those who get infected.

Interesting point, they are much the same as anyone else and no more perfect or imperfect.

They DO however have a sense of shared identity and unique culture.

As for intelligence, use or or lose it.

They don't - well mostly as far as we English know - use computers, calculators or cell phones (though perhaps there are levels of being Amish and some are more so (traditional) than others.

So instead they use there heads, there minds and like any skill practice, practice and more practice.

So I suppose that many of them ARE more intelligence than average simply because they have not taken to using the modern convenience that we do, they also probably get a proper night's sleep, eat more healthily and look after one another with a sense of the common good for there community.

In that sense they still have something many of us have lost.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

That number is very misleading though, as it is strongly weighted by those with moderate to sever co-morbidities, which I'm fairly sure the Amish have very few of, but the average/general American population has a whole lot of.

The real figure as a percentage of truly healthy people with healthy immune systems is probably around .0001% or less.
edit on 19-10-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I think the Amish have common sense, plus they are healthy mostly work outside and have plenty of vitamin D in their bodies. Plus don't eat crap.

Have you had Amish food?
I have and healthy is not what I would call it.

They do work outside a lot, I’ll give them that.

One thing that perplexed me about the Amish, why are certain forms of tech ok but not others.
They will buy fabric, obviously created on machinery, but think buttons are sinful.

I really don’t like glamorization of the Amish because they are brutally abusive to animals and to women/girls as a way of life.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You mean, they let nature run its course? And 98 to 99 percent of them survived. And they didn’t lose sight of who they were? And embraced what makes them human?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I really don’t like glamorization of the Amish because they are brutally abusive to animals and to women/girls as a way of life.

Like force them into mandatory lockdowns? Shame them if they don’t wear masks, and preach the fear of covid? Lie about drugs effective against covid? And those that lose their livelihoods if the don’t take experimentally drugs?

Do go on….
edit on 19-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

From your link:
Lapp: "Oh, we're glad all the English people got their Covid vaccines. That's great. Because now we don't have to wear a mask, we can do what we want. So good for you. Thank you. We appreciate it. Us? No, we're not getting vaccines. Of course not. We all got the Covid, so why would you get a vaccine?" 🔥👍

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The point is that they are well over it now and prospering. While we are left with a government that we don't trust, that is wrecking the economy and will set thugs on to you if you don't comply. They are preppers from day one, organized and probably in a better financial state than the rest of the in debt people. But they will probably get rounded up en mass at some stage, so that might make you feel better.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So, and this is admittedly after a brief search, most of their food seems quite healthy. Especially when paired with traditional labor. Hence why most southern dishes are absolutely awful for you, unless of course you've spent a long day under the sun doing manual labor, in which case it's fuel. So while it may not be healthy for the average American, it does work wonders for those that live more traditionally.

As for the animal abuse and women abuse aspects I'll have to look into. I don't suspect they have dog fights or anything of the sort. Spousal abuse however, I can see that happening, it is unfortunately a tradition that goes back millennia at this point.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

A lot smarter.

They haven't lost their ways unlike the rest of the people in the West.

I can admire that.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

So, and this is admittedly after a brief search, most of their food seems quite healthy. Especially when paired with traditional labor. Hence why most southern dishes are absolutely awful for you, unless of course you've spent a long day under the sun doing manual labor, in which case it's fuel. So while it may not be healthy for the average American, it does work wonders for those that live more traditionally.

As for the animal abuse and women abuse aspects I'll have to look into. I don't suspect they have dog fights or anything of the sort. Spousal abuse however, I can see that happening, it is unfortunately a tradition that goes back millennia at this point.

dietsinreview.com...

I just spent a month visiting an Amish farm and observing the lifestyle for myself. The early assumption would be that we’d find a healthful community, but the reality is that, in many ways, they aren’t. HOW THE AMISH EAT

On the nutrition front, I was shocked to see so many artificial flavors (roasted pecans flavor, ranch dressing flavor) and colorings (pink, red, blue, green sugars and more) used, primarily, in their baking. It is customary to use lard (very high in saturated fats, which is fine in moderate quantities) to make pie crusts, which they claim taste better than the healthier version. Artificially colored gelatin is a classic dessert, as is the shoofly pie (sugar, molasses and butter)

www.livewirelancaster.com...

It is well known the Amish abuse dogs and run some of the worst puppy mills in the world. They also abuse horses.

Amish life expectancy has stayed the same, around 70, that is lower than the rest of us in the US at the high 70s.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The point is that they are well over it now and prospering. While we are left with a government that we don't trust, that is wrecking the economy and will set thugs on to you if you don't comply. They are preppers from day one, organized and probably in a better financial state than the rest of the in debt people. But they will probably get rounded up en mass at some stage, so that might make you feel better.

How would we know? I’m not saying they are or aren’t but that is one group I would not use for covid statistics.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There's an oft repeated (by me) story that may or may not be true of a news reporter who asked an Amish elder why there weren't more incidents of WuFlu deaths in his community. His reply was that they didn't have televisions.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

We are not talking about their failings just the way they handled the Alpha wave of Covid/ Then suddenly I don't see any of them going down with Delta, so does that suggest the Delta is the vaccine? Or that alpha is the vaccine for Delta.?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

You mean like people on YouTube?

An Animal Rights Nonprofit Is Suing YouTube Over Animal Abuse Videos
gizmodo.com...

Or is there a few bad apples where ever you look?

Amish Forgive School Shooter, Struggle with Grief

www.npr.org...

And what is truth.

Lurid myths about Catholic sexual slavery and infanticide spread through pamphlets and books such as Awful Disclosures of Maria Monk, an 1834 supposed memoir about a Canadian convent.

www.theguardian.com...

Evidently the Amish treat their animals well enough they are healthy and strong enough for the Amish to make a living……

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Or you blaming the Amish for struggles supposedly all cultures deal with….

Swiss domestic violence cases on the rise

www.swissinfo.ch...

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What is truth…

Example

WHY ARE ANIMAL RIGHTS EXTREMIST GROUPS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH FALSE ACCUSATIONS?

protecttheharvest.com...

Sickening Flashback

The news reports about the petitions gave me a flashback to seeing Benny Butler’s bucking horse – born with a Parrot mouth – being used in animal rights materials; HSUS, PETA, Steve Hindi’s Shark, ASPCA, ALF or whatever. In my mind they’ve all become one. Their claim was that Butler abused the horse so it looked that way. My claim was, “They’re using Benny Butler’s property – without his written consent – for their money raising propaganda. That’s illegal!

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I believe they are just hard on everyone, the boys used to have to earn their boots on the job until osha shut it down. It's almost like they believe life isn't supposed to be about only comfort and entertainment and they expect everyone to participate.

Meanwhile we will destroy or change large swaths of nature to suit our perceived notion of comfort. Many of us also seem to be totally okay with brutality and child labor as long as it reduces the price so our little prince and princess don't have to soil their little hands.

I don't know that you can be accepting of our form of society and look down on them for theirs. Life is hard, it is meant to be hard, we cheat nature and the eventual expense of us all for immediatary comfort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join