It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sit Back and Relax!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And that's just exactly what I'm going to do too!

We decided to replace the living room furniture (finally). The old furniture was nice leather furniture, but after 17 years, 3 dogs and 2 cats...and 2 humans, it was time.

Went with full-on theater seating for the couch and recliner. Boy, is it nice!! Fully reclines (lays out flat even), heat, massage, inclining headrest, all leather...WOW! It's NICE! I'm not sure I'm ever going to get out of it (well, maybe to use the facilities). Center seat on the couch folds down to be a table, really well thought out. We're pleased as punch.

Moving the old stuff out took some doing because that stuff was HEAV-EY. The new stuff is even heavier, but it comes apart if need be. Plus, we had it delivered and set up so didn't have to touch a thing with the new stuff.

Before we had a matching loveseat, but this time around we went with a different style loveseat to break things up a little style wise. We had to backorder that one, but the other stuff got delivered today and, well, I'm gonna' go sit back and relax now!

ZZZzzzzzzz!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Congrats... sounds comfy !

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Enjoy now the Pringles

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I talked the wife into getting a nice super cushy love seat. it swallows you up when you sit down. Sounds nice and all, until you want to get up. Good fing luck. I look like a walrus who was just harpooned. I never thought I'd want one of those "crane" chairs that is motorized and dumps you out standing up, but they are looking more appealing as time goes on. perhaps I can get a rascal scooter to park next to it.....

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

How is your foot feeling?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Heh, yeah, it's a good thing I can't get the UTV through the garage door into the house. I'd really be spoiled then! I'd park it right next to the couch. Then all I'd need is a beer fridge.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Doing much better!

Thanks for askin'!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How long did it take you to get it?

Because I ordered my new furniture, a couch & 2 recliners, back in March.
1 recliner is in at the store, the other is supposed to be in this month, and nobody has a clue when my couch will be made.

So..
Enjoy yours, you lucky man!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

My old chair had gotten sunk in the butt area. We had gotten it for 800 bucks years ago. It was a plush leather rocker. Big chair, the biggest I could find. I"m a big guy and I wore it out.

So about a year ago we had some extra cash and I went on line, surfing for another chair. I looked and looked and looked. All to often one cannot really tell what one is getting from the pictures, ya need to go and sit in it, rock in it, close your eyes and see if you can slip away.

Well we live in a small town and the two furniture stores have little to offer. Most of the stuff is made for smaller people then myself. So we had to go up the road an hour to reach a larger city. We shopped around and I could find nothing that had the comfort of my old chair.

So back to down we came. I was about to give up hope of replacing that old chair but made one last wishful visit to those two stores. I walked around sitting in this one and then that one and was kind of interested in one but it just didn't have enough appeal for me.

Then, around the corner I found it. A brand new chair exactly like my old chair. Same model same size. Recliner rocker. I mostly rock. It is so soothing.

Last night was our first evening of cold enough temps for me to light our fire. I had set it about a week ago but had not lit it until last night. Fire, Rocker, my gal in her rocker next to me. And the kittens. Two new kittens who had never seen fire before. They were entertainment for us though the evening. Rocking and laughing.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That would be awesome. Too bad I can't relax.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

GREAT story!

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

LOL! Great question!

The couch and recliner took one week to get; they had the ones we wanted in stock. And, we checked for exactly that too! Probably had it in stock because it was one of the most deluxe units. The loveseat is a different make and model, and it is backordered. So, needless to say we were pretty happy.

I "LOL'd" because we've been looking at furniture for a while. The last place we went to (La-Z-Boy) said the furniture we wanted was going to take TEN MONTHS (at minimum) to be delivered. I just laughed and walked off toward the door. The sales gal (whom I didn't really care for anyway) asked basically what my problem was. I told her..."Well, I'll tell ya' right now, I ain't waitin' TEN MONTHS on a piece of furniture...EVER! PERIOD! THAT ain't happenin'!" She lied through her teeth when she said it would be the same anywhere. I went over to American Furniture and told the sales guy that we didn't even want to look at anything that wasn't in stock. He said the only thing not in stock is different colors than what you see on the floor. The place was like 100x bigger, and everything was in stock. AND, the price was about 1/3rd as much!

TEN MONTHS!! Can you believe that??? I can't even imagine telling a customer something was going to be a 10 month wait! I'd quit my job and go work somewhere else first! Plus, the warranty was worse (parts only, whereas what we got is 'white glove turn key, parts and labor', and it's 5x longer too! LOLOLOLOL!!! And the icing on the cake is...it's better built furniture!

I think I'm gonna' take a nap now!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
lol spoken like a true Japan dweller. I love normal pringles.
But the best flavour I could find which was limited and I can't find anymore is spicy queso.

Are you familiar with queso?

a reply to: musicismagic

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join