It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in the Marine Corps Oorah!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Marines being Marines

Oh boy do I remember being bored in the barracks, I never thought about catching a mountain cat but hey what the hell. Back in my day seagull fishing from the third deck with a cooler of beer was all the rage.

Any other Marines out there with bored barracks stories?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I don't think the cat is alive, rather stuffed or a really good plush toy.

Cool photo and I can just imagine some Major running around trying to get to the bottom of the story only to find Cpl Rodgers had bought a big toy for his niece.

Or he won it in a poker game.

Cool story whatever the reality.

Thanks Bro.

P

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I don't think the cat is alive, rather stuffed or a really good plush toy.

Cool photo and I can just imagine some Major running around trying to get to the bottom of the story only to find Cpl Rodgers had bought a big toy for his niece.

Or he won it in a poker game.

Cool story whatever the reality.

Thanks Bro.

P

It fell off a truck.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Like it says in the article, if it isn’t in the duty log book, it didn’t happen. 😎

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Jesus Christ , they need to get those boys back to training .

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You should see what we do in the volley ball pits in the quad 😀

I have some funny barracks stories I can post a little later.
edit on 13-10-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   
DI challenged us as a joke if we could catch a squirrel we get to sleep in later. Couple guys made a trap with stuff in the barracks and caught two of them. They also stole the drill trophy of the other company one night and put it in our window. I was too busy doing extra pt in the evening because I wanted the BN pt award. I did win it but got nothing but a sheet of paper. I still have it. It's not even addressed to me. It's to my parents on their son's achievement...meh. I felt jipped. The DI that gave it to me said the last winner score was higher and just walked off. LOL. I loved the USMC back then.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Kid was all but done with his Basic Training and the family came for the ceremony with their pet cougar, kid brought it back to the barracks for fun. Big deal.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I remember a Friday our company had a gumbo cookout type thing. Started cooking at ten in the morning. We were allowed to start drinking too. Around five o clock there's like a hundred person brawl out in the courtyard and others in the surrounding barracks yelling and cheering us on.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Not the first time a Marine brought a couger to the barracks

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I was never a Marine but I do have a Marine story. . . .

Years and years ago Travis AFB was hosting a joint exercise (prior to the Red Flag at Nellis).

I was sitting with a bunch of techs and engineers at a table near a table with a bunch of Marines at the bowling alley on base.

We were all drinking and sh#t talking.

One Marine loudly stated, "While we're out in the dirt for days and weeks on end fighting the enemy and protecting YOUR freedoms, what are you p#ssies doing?"

I looked him straight in the eye and said, "We're at the NCO Club hitting on your girlfriends."

He laughed. I laughed. We all laughed.

(Then I quietly sh#t my pants)

True story!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A stuffed cougar in the barracks, eh?

Where have I heard that one before?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Not a Marine, soldier.

The stupidest one I saw...okay I also participated in, was nut ball. All we had around was a roll of duct tape. One guy would sit spread legged back against one wall, the other guy would roll the duct tape like a bowling ball to try and whack the other guys nuts. Then take turns!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
A stuffed cougar in the barracks, eh?

Where have I heard that one before?

Anything stuffed in a marine corps infantry barracks is not safe.

I got a good story I’ll post later involving field day, a keg, and a surprise inspection by none other then general Burger at the time he was still a full bird.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So there I was in the barracks doing a field day before a long weekend (field day is Thursday and it’s when everyone cleans the barracks and their rooms, a 72 is a 3 day weekend) during field day in the usmc infantry it’s customary to drink a lot of beer and grill while taking care of business.

This particular day one of the guys on my deck was staying in the barracks and was just going to party it up local all weekend, this stellar marine got a full barrel keg oorah! Anyways with that being said everyone got tanked ass drunk, we got the barracks clean mission accomplished.

Now the fun part, usually the next morning after formation and PT usually a squad leader or platoon Sgt or commander will inspect the barracks and tell the co if everything’s good to go or not, not today. This particular morning the battalion commander and first Sgt came by for a surprise inspection. Bad news.

We were ordered to get in uniform and prepare to commence a formal inspection, I’m talking white gloves inside door jams looking for dust type of #. Generally in a usmc barracks room anything not issued to that room needs to be stowed in lockers or in the coffin rack anything else is contraband. Your not allowed more then a 6 pack per room and no liquor.

As all this is commencing dudes freaking out about where to hide the keg, somehow we managed to figure we throw it in my room cause I was all the way at the end dead last and by then maybe they would be tired of touring rooms and half ass the last deck. Not today

They get to my room and the first Sgt always comes in first followed by the senior marine of that room. Sgt major looked around said looks good, but # he wasn’t done he goes into the head (bathroom) opens the shower curtain and sees this barrel of beer sitting in a blue kid pool filled with ice, he turns around and looks at us and simply says “that’s not marine corps issue” we reply no first Sgt. He says very well and makes it out we follow. The Colonel was just getting out of the room before ours and was headed our way and 1st Sgt says “we’re all good to go here let’s cut them loose for the weekend”

1st Sgt saved our asses that day but we all had puckered buttholes all morning after pt was over.

top topics

join