It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional sports-people are NOT pillars of virtue!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I honestly don't think the Davis family cared much, either. It's fairly obvious based on how these revelations were rolled out in the media and through the NFL communicating with the Raider team that this was very much the latest example of Roger Goodell's fragile ego getting stung and him leaning on a team to act in his defense.

The NFL is a joke these days. They pussified football, a sport that was once a monument to masculinity. Issues like this, where a total lack of testicles shown by the offended is just further evidence that the NFL is no longer a sport for badasses.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I honestly don't think the Davis family cared much, either.

I think they cared but only for monetary reasons. The NFL is about printing money and this would have slowed that down, especially for a team that just carpetbagged again.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
He was bound to find out.

He isn't going to find out ahead of time unless the team is showing interest and he manages to speak to a player between the draft and his final NCAA game.

Face it, the guy is an idiot.

I am not supporting the coach. I am saying that we come in contact with idiots throughout our lifetime. I don't think a rookie will be surprised to find out a coach is an idiot, and if the coach is too offensive for that rookie to work with, it is better he know that as soon as possible.

I think for him to fake how he really feels about the players, and for them to work with him for months or years, to later find out how he really felt about them, does way more harm, than finding out he is an idiot, right out of the box.

At least knowing up front, the rookie can make the choice of whether he wants to work under him, or not. That choice may not be available, if the coach hides it from the rookie, but is backstabbing him.

Again, I am not defending the coach, nor am I saying what he did was okay. I am saying that if someone tells me what they are, I believe them, and will choose accordingly, how I will interact, or if I will interact with them. Not saying I will be accepting, I would just like to know up front.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The issue is no one found out until recently.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The issue is no one found out until recently.

I am willing to bet that a lot of people knew all along.

It just became news recently.

Interesting that it wasn't news 10 years ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan
The reason he was let to resign is because he ain’t that good of a coach. Same with Kaepernick… he was let go because he wasn’t that good of a QB.

If this was Bill Belichick I can guarantee you he still had a job.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

Professional sports figures.. WHAT?

Are you saying that growing and expanding MUSCLE of your temporary physical body does _NOT_ magically make you virtuous?!

WHAT?!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join