It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional sports-people are NOT pillars of virtue!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
OK, this whole John Gruden resignation (Oakland/LA Raider's head coach) bothers the # out of me. Yes, he's a homophobe, racist, blah blah blah. I DON'T CARE! It's a man's sport - let these guys BE MEN, not sensitive CRYBABIES! Let them be as offensive as they want to be. For crying out loud, I DON'T CARE if they have 32 kids from 21 mommas. It doesn't bother me! I want to see football - men bashing each other's head in.

Anyways, it's not like they focus on "women's studies" during their time in college. My goodness, let them be macho! Let them be crazy! LET THEM BE FREE TO BE WHO THEY WANT TO BE! Role models? C'mon man.

/rant off

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

Yes!!!
Entertainment is what you're looking for, not a future son in law.

Guess Who?

"I try to catch them right on the tip of his nose because I try to punch the bone into the brain."

"I was hittin' him with body punches and I hurt him. Actually he was cryin' in there, makin' woman gestures"

“When I fight someone, I want to break his will. I want to take his manhood. I want to rip out his heart and show it to him."

"Normally don’t do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn’t talk anymore… Unless you want to, you know.”

"My main objective in the fight is to be a professional but to kill him."

"If he doesn't die, it doesn't count. If he's not dead, it doesn't count."

"I love to hit people. I love to. Most celebrities are afraid someone's going to attack them. I want someone to attack me. No weapons. Just me and him. I like to beat men and beat them bad."

“I was gonna rip his heart out. I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s never been anyone like me. I’m from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable, and I’m the ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!”

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Entertainment Hell Yeah!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Are those all Mike Tyson quotes? As to the OP, they want to weaken men. They want to confuse genders and blur lines to make it seem like women and men are the same, hence the trans in women's sports and trying to take the "macho" out of men's sports.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony
a reply to: Jamie2018

Are those all Mike Tyson quotes? As to the OP, they want to weaken men. They want to confuse genders and blur lines to make it seem like women and men are the same, hence the trans in women's sports and trying to take the "macho" out of men's sports.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am a woman, and I agree with what you are saying.

We expect people to be honest then we punish them for telling the truth, and reward them for living a lie.

The problem is we live in a society that is totally controlling.

People will vehemently deny that they believe what they are programmed to think, do what they have been condition to do, and feel what they have been manipulated to feel.

Very few people actually think of celebrities as Saints. We should take a little time to assess why we even think of them as celebrities. They provide a service. They get paid very well for that service, but outside of a particular skill, they are just like everyone else. Generally, no better, no worse.

We really do need to stop expecting more from others than we expect of ourselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

LOL, nice rant. Back when I cared a tiny bit, I'd have felt the same way. I enjoyed watching football for the sport, the logic, the planning, the practice, and the enjoyment. I could even like both teams that were competing against each other. But once it became a political arena, and we have to worry about how we think, and who's feelings may be bruised, I tuned out. I no longer give a rats ass about sports. I enjoy watching golf, but mainly for the wonderful backdrop to a nap.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just once I would like to hear someone say “Yeah I said those things, too goddamn bad”
Pretty much like what Dave Chappelle said the other day, he doesn’t give a rat’s ass.
Gruden should have done the same thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Just once I would like to hear someone say “Yeah I said those things, too goddamn bad”
Pretty much like what Dave Chappelle said the other day, he doesn’t give a rat’s ass.
Gruden should have done the same thing.

I watched the Chappelle special. He did a good job of trying to get in digs on everyone. I'm sure he crossed several lines, but that's what comedy is. I enjoyed it and laughed a good bit.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Lol, I know stand up, I know Chappelle, and I still went in with that knowledge and winced a few times.

But that's comedy... Art is meant to envoke thought or emotion.

Comedians are like the special ops on the Frontline of testing free speach. My man Chappelle just went Rambo and massacred those who oppose it 🤣

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan
Yes, he's a homophobe, racist, blah blah blah. I DON'T CARE!

Do you think the black guys on the team want to play for some bozo who said one of their fellow players had 'lips that looked like Michelin tires'? The guy is an idiot and showed poor judgement for putting any of that in writing and then hitting 'SEND'.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

People will vehemently deny that they believe what they are programmed to think, do what they have been condition to do, and feel what they have been manipulated to feel.

I think this is a , if not the, primary lesson for our age. People a hundred thousand years ago, a thousand years ago, and for most even a hundred years ago hardly if ever questioned that they were what their tribe or family programed them to be. The sense of autonomous ''self'' just wasn't part of most peoples experience. They was what they was.

Now, in this era, we have what appears to be the emergence of this notion of ''independent self'' as if I am the sole developer of who I am. What a mistaken dream. As you point out

[quote]We really do need to stop expecting more from others than we expect of ourselves.

This is where our concerns could be. Ferreting our just how much of this being I am is really a product of my own will and how much is merely a product of ages long evolutionary programming.

And don't get me started on just how much of my will is really MY will.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do you think the black guys on the team want to play for some bozo who said one of their fellow players had 'lips that looked like Michelin tires'? The guy is an idiot and showed poor judgement for putting any of that in writing and then hitting 'SEND'.

I doubt that what he posted was a surprise to anyone that knew him or worked for him. If it was, then it should be a welcome relief to finally know the true heart of someone that you used to know.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I doubt that what he posted was a surprise to anyone that knew him or worked for him. If it was, then it should be a welcome relief to finally know the true heart of someone that you used to know.

how would a rookie know what it was like to work for him?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bless his poor little heart, accountability is a bitch, ain't it?

Another fine example of why not all thoughts should be expressed. Keep it to yourself and nobody will ever know. I'd've been fired 1000x over if I expressed all of my thoughts; thankfully, i don't have the IQ of a house salad and know how to self censor.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

how would a rookie know what it was like to work for him?

He was bound to find out. If working for a person that sees you as less than human is a problem, I would think the sooner they know the better.

I have spent a lot of years working with people of less than noble character. I have worked with those that I did not like at all. I decided a long time ago that I did not have to like someone to work with them. I have had patients I would never call a friend, did not like, and would not want to be in their presence in a social setting. That did not change for one second how I treated them.

I understand what you mean, but the evil that lurks in the heart of man, can only be hidden for so long. The more space you give him, the more likely it will show its face.

I would rather know up front what kind of person I am dealing with. Finding out they are a racist jackass, may not necessarily be a deal breaker. If that was the case, I may never have been able to work with anyone, and a few, I am sure, would not have able to work with me.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

He was bound to find out.

He isn't going to find out ahead of time unless the team is showing interest and he manages to speak to a player between the draft and his final NCAA game.

Face it, the guy is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

TBH, nothing I've read he wrote in those emails was exactly factually wrong nor particularly offensive. His mistake here was participating in the ridiculous apologizathon exercise that ALWAYS leads the thin skinned ruiners of family photos and disappointments of their fathers into a feeding frenzy. Gruden may well have emerged from this mostly unscathed had his reaction been "I said what I said in those 10 year old emails. Kiss my ass if you have issues with it." and moved on.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I dont think most of them give 2 #s so long as they're winning games and titles and getting paid.. in this case, they arent winning so Gruden would have to deal with manufactured faux outrage from 52 individuals who say things much, much worse daily.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I dont think most of them give 2 #s so long as they're winning games and titles and getting paid.

Maybe. But the team obviously thought he was an idiot and bad for their brand but the NFL is a boring joke anyway so it's all comical for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes, he's a homophobe, racist, blah blah blah

let these guys BE MEN

This really sounds like your saying that to be a man means to be homophobic and racists?

My opinion is that a person that is homophobic or racist means they are not a man.
So if john is those things as you say, then in my view he is not a man. And thus shouldn't be playing a mans sport.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join