It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twilight Zone is Real!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just had the freakiest thing happen to me. It resembles an episode of The Twilight Zone. This is a long post, but you’ll see why.

Literally just two minutes ago, I got a phone call. The number on the screen of my iPhone said WITS3. I don’t even know how that’s possible, as opposed to a phone number or name. Normally, I wouldn’t have answered. I thought it might be a local news channel and couldn’t figure out why a news channel would want to talk to me, so I was curious. There IS no “WITS3” news in this area—or any other that I’m aware of. So I picked it up and answered.

I said “Hello?” No answer. “Hello?” Another pause and a little static. The caller started to say something. My third “hello” cut her off, and then she came through. It was my sister, Beth. I instantly recognized her voice and the way she said “hi”. But the freakiest thing is this:

My sister Beth died last February..

I SWEAR on my puppies life it was HER voice. The way she spoke, the cadence, the timbre…. She said “Hi!. This is Be—“ and the call cut off and I got a busy signal. I was stunned. I went out for a cig and thought “I must be losing it”. I came back in and checked the recent calls on my phone. Sure enough, there it was: (incoming) WITS3, at 4:21 Eastern time. So I hit call back. Wouldn’t you know it? I got a prerecorded message that said the number was not a working number.

I # you not, this has got me rattled.

I had a communication from my Grandma after she passed away, from a third party I only ever said ‘hi’ to in passing. Turns out this third party [a colleague of my then wife] was ‘sensitive’ and stopped my wife one night as she was leaving work to ask her some questions. He said someone who’d passed on within the year had gotten his attention —he mentioned two names, one of which was my Grandmas name—and wanted my wife to ask ME some questions only I would know the answer to. Of course, my wife was smart enough not to confirm my grandmothers name, only that someone in the family had passed away earlier in the year.

Here’s the thing: at the time, I was deployed overseas. Someone routinely smuggled alcohol into our camp. If I’d been caught drinking (in a combat zone no less), I could’ve been in some SERIOUS trouble with the authorities. AND my wife. I didn’t want her to worry, so I never brought up the fact that I’d get a snoot of liquor or beer once in a while when I was over there. Never mentioned it to her.

Now, I’ve always believed in life after death, but I didn’t fully believe, having never been there. But Granny removed all doubt. The third party said that the person talking to him (“an older woman”) kept asking my wife to ask ME “how many bottles?” and that the answer was “three”. My wife and her colleague had no clue what any of that meant, but my wife promised she’d ask me next time I called.

So when I called her a few days later, she asked the questions she promised she would. She didn’t tell me the back story, she just made me promise I’d answer honestly. She must’ve figured out I had access to alcohol, because she kept pestering me to answer the question: was I drinking overseas? I kept trying to play it off and not answer the question, but finally broke down and answered her honestly when she asked “how many bottles of beer do you drink every week?” She literally dropped the phone and moaned when I said “Three.” A very loooooong silence followed. I thought the phone had gone dead. Then in a trembling voice, she explained everything.

So when I hear my dead sisters voice on the phone, I don’t go screaming out of the house never to return. But I’m still shaken.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Okay, so something ELSE freaky just happened. In the post above, I told you the number on my phone came up “WITS3”. There was NO phone number, just WITS3 and the city it came from. Went outside again and decided I’d try to call my sister back. But instead of “WITS3” an actual phone number was now listed as the last call.. So I dialed it again and got the same message—not a working number.

For anyone who’d like to try, for whatever reason, the number is 1 (703) 692-6246.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Not for nuthin…….perhaps you should just let this one go?
I would…………

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Yeah. I think you’re right. This.Is.NOT.cool…

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It appears to be a DITCO DTSW phone number. It's a land line coming from Near Alexandria, Virginia. Not in service.

That's a crazy story dude, be extra sharp, she may be trying to warn you about something.
edit on 10/11/2021 by Alien Abduct because: Spell correction

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Washington Interagency Telecommunications System (WITS) 3

The 703 area code covers the portion of northern Virginia that is closest to Washington, D.C., which is part of the reason why several federal government agencies like the U.S. Department of Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency have headquarters there, specifically in the Arlington County area.

From a Google search

I truly hope this helps

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteboyrick

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

i dont usually believe posts like yours.. but something tells
me youre on the level... very very strange,

Be careful pal .. that didnt happen for nothing .

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That gave me goosebumps, and some more after whiteboyrick posted about WITS!
Watch your six, that's creepy!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I actually welcome things like this when they happen; a rare encounter from energy elsewhere... a reply to: Thoughtcrime

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Very interesting story. Back around 2008/2009 I would receive "phantom" calls from my mom's house or my sisters cell, yet they never actually called me. I would always call back and be like Hey I seen you called what's up only to be followed with I didn't call you. Then I would be like yea you called me X amount of time ago, the calls always showed up on my logs as incoming but never showed an outgoing on their end at the time. Also around that time the home my mom lived in had some strange activity going on. Doors and lights being opened and shut or turned off and on. Strange noises in the walls. Staying there I had a few strange sleep experiences and hearing whispers in my ear including my name. Also to add to the calls on the occasion that I would answer I would get nothing but static, so I'd hang up, call back and they would answer but say no they didn't call me. Very strange experiences there, we still bring it up and talk about it from time to time, no one has forgotten or denied it.

I also think whiteboyricks comment is very interesting. Take care of yourself, I'd definitely be a little on edge and shaken after that experience.
edit on 11-10-2021 by Katatonik because: edit

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We now return control of your phone set to you. Until next week, at the same time, when the control voice will take you to... The Outer Limits.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks, Alien. What—me worry? Heh heh..gulp.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Whoa. WTF?! Maybe they got their lines crossed and called my number. But that still doesn’t explain a woman saying “Hi! It’s Beth!” that just happened to sound like my sister! On second thought, maybe ‘their’ algorithm accidentally played back snippets of a conversation recorded years ago. They’ve been listening to all of us for a long time.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Thanks! I’ll definitely have my head on a swivel!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Gets weirder. Setting aside government surveillance, I just realized something: WITS3 might (conceivably) also be an anagram. This is a real stretch, but turn the ‘W’ upside down and shift it to the fourth position; reverse the 3 and you get an ‘E’—results in “ITSME”.

#

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

Thanks man! I may just up and move to Texas! Like…now.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the great info! I don’t know how you guys can figure out how to track this down. Very impressive!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik

Girl that sounds like bad juju! Hope everything is still alright!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That area code exhausted in 1999-2000 because of the tech boom; it’s more than likely from the Arlington area….. don’t know if that has significance…. BUT I believe people should pursue all that tips their intrigue; most will say, “oh it’s bad juju to look that up”….. if we were created in “God’s” image whomever that may be, that means we have free will and the ability to be and look for anyone…

That being said; the phrase “curiosity killed the cat” I believe to be superstition for the powers that be, as to stop us from questioning “unknown things”.

As always you have the choice and proceed at your own risk, but I would do it.

Weird…. Doesn’t always mean evil and nefarious. 🍻

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join