It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Connecticut has undersea collision

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

magnets and good old fashioned luck

and maybe a reader for those fancy tags they put on high value items.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Lots of water out there. Sometimes it's hard to find something the size of an aircraft carrier let alone a cargo container. You do know that they are not always water tight.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

MAGNETS MAN...magnets..

how do they work? magic...i don't know...lol

i was kidding of course

I know they put GPS trackers on stuff like pharmaceuticals and other high vale black market items.

ANYTHING can be in those containers, not to mention the fact they don't belong in the ocean.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

There was one a few years ago that was filled with rubber ducks. The container must have broken open, because the ducks have been washing up in the UK for years. That would be your luck. Latch on to one filled with rubber ducks or waterlogged toilet paper.

(post by penroc3 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I lived in Florida in the 80's. Went out on the beach for my morning run and saw a bunch of cops. Ten hay bale sized packages of MJ had washed up on the beach.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

the sea is indeed bountiful lol

looking back i feel conflicted selling back to the cartel but youth and i didn't want the to be the only person not doing it.

plus i wanted that sweet blood money

i know that thermal layers in the ocean can reflect sonar beams, maybe reflect is the wrong word but i think you know what i mean.

I know the NAVY has some AMAZING cartography abilities so i have a hard time believing they bumped a rocky formation or some geological feature.

the nice thing about this fender bender is that it has gotten a lot of press so it might make the NAVY release a small statement as to what it hit.

i do not think that it is nefarious or some secret stealth drone that hit them and if it was a rov of sorts i can believe that it may have gotten a little out of the controllers hands and may have impacted the side of the sub. I know some of the smaller parasite subs that shuttle people like seals around if it got out of control or had a propulsion issue hitting the side of the boat.

edit on 25-10-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Its interesting china is pressuring the usa to come clean about what the uss Connecticut hit in the south china sea. If it was one of chinas assets theyd be dragging us through the mud. Its almost as if theyre desperate for infor on what we hit and were actually doing there. I think we hit something of our own. But i could see submerged floating container or something of that nature.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

i know not all lockouts go well

and i know there are some new submersables being tested for SEAL or 'other' teams to get to where they need to go.

but i think it is a USO that went haywire.

there is just to much mapping data and stuff on the boat for it to have hit like a volcanic vent or some small peak or whatever geological features.

If the NAVY is being truthful about it not showing up on SONAR that might be a message in its self to china to say 'not even our own boats can see our new USO/boat/craft"

because if you read the press release carefully there was NO major damage to the inner hull so that means it was a glancing blow and why i dont think we will see real pictures of the sub in any detail

imagine if they figured out how to defeat sonar some how.

i have my own ideas on what it was but people would just say i was crazy

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ETA: peace and love, peace and love and a bit of censorship

edit on 25-10-2021 by penroc3 because: time for my soma

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Update photos from guam show the sonar dome on the bow is removed. Meaning it hit something head on. Probably lost the dome either during impact or transit to port. Captain not relieved so probably not from hitting a natural phenomena like a sea mount. So it hit "something" doubt its foreign like a chinese sub. China would have dragged the usa through the streets. If it was something like a sunken shipping container then china would have been busy laughing at us. And it wouldnt do that much damage. However, china is poking us for answers as if they too are worried about what we hit. Probably because they are worried were deploying drone subs or something similar. Thing is there do exist fairly sizeable drone subs that upon impact could do significant damage.

I dunno. But it seems like impact with foreign asset unlikely as is impact with natural seamount or something although in that regard the south china sea is very dangerous. Luckily chinese subs are noisy and easy to detect so i doubt we didnt spot one before running into it.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

ray domes are already pretty fragile compaired to steal and titanium

i bet you they went down there and got it, even if they know what hit it.

if the damage is just the ray dome and that's it, that tell me that it was a little more than a love tap.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Update photos from guam show the sonar dome on the bow is removed. Meaning it hit something head on. Probably lost the dome either during impact or transit to port. Captain not relieved so probably not from hitting a natural phenomena like a sea mount. So it hit "something" doubt its foreign like a chinese sub. China would have dragged the usa through the streets. If it was something like a sunken shipping container then china would have been busy laughing at us. And it wouldnt do that much damage. However, china is poking us for answers as if they too are worried about what we hit. Probably because they are worried were deploying drone subs or something similar. Thing is there do exist fairly sizeable drone subs that upon impact could do significant damage.

I dunno. But it seems like impact with foreign asset unlikely as is impact with natural seamount or something although in that regard the south china sea is very dangerous. Luckily chinese subs are noisy and easy to detect so i doubt we didnt spot one before running into it.

Could it have hit one of our tic tacs when it was returning from zipping around in the air? Wasn't there a large water disturbance in the area of some tic tac sightings? I guess that would prove they're not just balloons.
edit on CDT12America/Chicago020212021102820212021-10-28T00:46:10-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sonar domes are usually fiberglass and composite construction. The transducer is located outside of the pressure hull and isn't subjected to water pressure. The dome is there for streamlining and noise reduction. A steel shipping container can do significant damage, depending on the sub's speed at the time.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I agree with you i think its possible. But so are other things. Guess it depends where the sub was when the impact occurred. Above the line or under. I figure a neutrally buoyant cargo container will stay that way for only a certain amount of time and relatively shallow depth until the water takes it. If the sub was below the line i dont think it was a container. The sub may want to be above the line there since the south china sea has sea mounts everywhere that rapidly grow. But theres probably a tonne of chinese boats trying to detect anything they can in that water. If i were a us sub id want to stay in the shadow zone below the thermocline and listen to things that way. Or just on top the thermocline using the current there to drift along silently listening.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm not sure of the "line" that you speak of. I do know that in the oceans the water changes temperature and salinity. These can cause what are called "thermoclines". Sound can act differently because of thermoclines. Thermoclines can also have water with different densities. A container can fill with water causing it to sink, but, if it encounters the right thermocline it can sit there and literally hover, trapped in the thermocline. If the things in the container don't degrade (plastics, metal containers, etc.) it is possible for the container to stay there for a long time.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I understand the physics behind Archimedes principle and how it would attain neutral buoyancy. By the line im referring to the thermocline. Even with the thing packed with styrofoam its going to sink fairly quickly once its below the surface. The weight of the container empty alone vs what it would displace submerged leaves little room for neutral buoyancy. If it fills even 20 percent its sinking fast. Its really uncommon for containers to hover or stay at neutral buoyancy submerged. They either float or they sink fast. On the surface theres some 3000 at any point lost at sea floating around. Submerged not so much. They can float on the surface for months. I dont think it hit a submerged container unless it was at very shallow depth to get comms or signals out or updated. And for what its probably doing in the south china sea its probably not hanging out in an easily detectable place. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, so much for a..."partially submerged, neutrally buoyant, shipping container".

USS Connecticut ran aground.

USS Connecticut

edit on 11/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

that is so hard to believe lol someone done fudged up

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Which is exactly what the usn would say if it actually hit a tictac submerged ufo!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join