It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I just do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
*sigh*
It's getting that time of year again, when my wife starts asking "What do you want for Christmas ? "
She usually starts shopping for everyone 2 or 3 months in advance and doesn't have to deal with all the last minute hassle. Me, I wait till the last 2 weeks and go running all over or scouring the internet for what I want. This time I said "Honey, I just don't know. I've got everything I want and I just can't think of a thing"
She said "Well how about a new fossil "
Now, to be clear, I've been collecting them for about 40 years and other than the big ones like a T Rex, you'd be hard pressed to find one I don't have. So, just kidding around, I got online and found this :

It's a Daspletosaurus skull, over 3 ft long and costs $8500. She had went to go get dressed for work and when she came back in, I showed it to her and she asked "Is that really what you want ? "
I said "Sure , I can put it right here in the living room "
She just said Ok and copied the website to her phone and since she was running a few minutes late, gave me a quick kiss and headed out the door.
Remember, I'm just kidding around and thought she was too. 15 minutes after she left, I thought " Wait, surely she doesn't think I was serious"

I try to call her on her way to work [ She has all the hands free blue tooth stuff in her car ] she answered and said she was talking to her Mom and she'd call me back. She got to work and called me before she went in and I told her I was kidding about the skull.
She said "Too late "
Now, I'm 60% sure she was just giving me hell, but if not.............

What the hell did I just do.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Enjoy your new fossil

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If y’all can afford the Daspletosaurus skull then that is the best present ever. If not; it is still the best present ever.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I made this one a little while ago, it costs a fair bit less than $8500 and you can hang it on a wall without engaging and engineer and reinforcing any walls.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Damn!
That’s pretty cool though.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Do they even sell the originals? I thought all the fossils we see today are replicas.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I could scale this up to as large as 55 inches on my cnc for a measly 7500 scoots.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I bought one of these:

And I still look like this when I talk about it:

So I think you're talking to the wrong person about this kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Are you bragging about your fossil or your wife?

Win/win!

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If your partner bought exactly the specimen you showed her, you now have approximately $8000 worth of ass kissing to do for the foreseeable future. I assume it's worth every penny.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
What the hell did I just do.

Made my own rock & fossil collecting kid jealous as hell, that's what you just did

Also, it might be easier to just tattoo your lip print on her hind end. Can always use it as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for when you throw your back out bending over kissing her butt for the fossil so often

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

She bought an old skull in exchange for your ownership papers.

I like your wife already... it would appear to be an excellent trade in her favor...

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmTue, 05 Oct 2021 20:41:47 -050041 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Are you bragging about your fossil or your wife?

Win/win!

or being yappies doing well. Tripple waxxed of course.
Sorry, I couldnt resist. Nice hobby. Vanity nevertheless

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
8500 bucks would be a cast of a skull, not the actual skull. They will make multiple casts out of one fossil when they find it, if not complete, they will fill in the pieces to make it complete. Spent a lot of time at www.dinosaurhome.com... years back. We discussed that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Should make an excellent coat rack.

I think it's awesome! You only live once. Enjoy.

top topics

join