It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carpet Conspiracies!! ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As many know, we live on a ranch. We have animals. Carpets in the house take a beating, there's just no way around it. They get dirty.

When it comes to cleaning carpets there is basically three options; professional carpet cleaning service, rental units and home units. We've done the carpet service thing several times, but it's a pain because they want everything moved. We've done the rental thing a few times, but it's a hassle because those machines get abused and don't work right (you might as well just use a hose on your carpet). Then there's the home units. Home units are what this post is about.

I have looked everywhere trying to find a decent home carpet cleaner. Literally everywhere. I've researched reviews on every manufacturer I can find, and they all seem to have similar issues (i.e. they're made out of cheap plastic and they break after a couple uses). I don't care how much the damn thing costs, I want something reliable, durable and something that works!

Does anyone know of such a device? Or, is it just a conspiracy that no one should ever be able to own an effective carpet cleaner?? The one thing you really need in your home, but seems to be like the Holy Grail trying to find.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I believe, could be mistaken but I seem to remember you could get ahold of a brand new rug shampooer through the rental companies. For example, where I am the company Rug Doctor rent's machines through hardware stores. You can go through them and get a new machine just like the rental units but never used. They're built rugged and meant to hold up a they are used quite often.
I would look into that FCD.

Or see what Grainger or McMaster/ Carr have to offer in the way of a commercial machine. Which is what you would want to hold up over the long haul.
edit on 10/5/2021 by americanbuffalo1 because: addendum

edit on 10/5/2021 by americanbuffalo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The most well known brand in the UK is Vax mostly due to there massive advertising campaign but there are several manufacturers out there.

I have never used one myself so this is probably not very helpful however I believe it depends on what carpet shampoo you use as well as the machine, company's like Vax will probably have there own recommendations or products but are they better?.
This video is from north america so probably more relevant.

Remember a lot of Youtube Videos are sponsored and so if those sponsor's include the manufacturers of products they discuss they will of course be biased but it is better than walking blindly into the market and buying a pig in a poke.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ive live in houses with inside dogs and a cat. I got a nice one Sam's Club this was the one that is like the cart with the heavy duty steel nozzle and vacumn at the time it was 500 bucks, but it worked better than any of the consumer brands though I did also like the spot bot. Ill see if can find a pic.

this looks like the new version, the key is these have enough suction to get all the cleaning solution and dirt up, we went through pretty much all the consumer Bissell products just don't hold up. I pretty much cleaned the carpet in high traffic areas once a month, this type of machine held up and had decent results. Cleaning solution matters too, and Id routinely clean it and go over it again, Saved a lot of money too. Those services can be expensive.

www.ebay.com...

edit on 5-10-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I hired one of those Rug Doctors a few years back pal and it worked a treat. Might have been lucky tho as the machine was brand new.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The prime (numerous reports of same issue) issues from the leading manufacturers I've researched are:

Rug Doctor - Doesn't suck up nearly as much water as it puts down. Carpets are very wet and take a long time to dry. Will mildew if not dried properly. Only works in one direction (backwards). Water pumps fail frequently.

Bissel (Big Green) - Dirty water tank leaks on clean carpet due to a defective plastic valve (numerous reports). Huge issue. Customer service is horrible to deal with.

Bissel (X2 Pro) - Dirty water tank too small. Can only fill 1/4 of way before suction on vacuum stops. Front not heavy enough to stay down on carpet, needs to be weighted down.
edit on 10/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I removed all my carpets. I rented a barrel sander and an edger, and sanded and refinished the hardwood floors underneath with polyurethane. Now when dogs piss, I just throw some paper towels down to wipe it up.

Carpets with dogs and cats are a real pain in the ass, and they can start to reek. I did the rentals several times, a shampooer, and had a pro come in. No more of that thanks. I was fortunate to have 3/4" red oak throughout the house.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The prime (numerous reports of same issue) issues from the leading manufacturers I've researched are:

Rug Doctor - Doesn't suck up nearly as much water as it puts down. Carpets are very wet and take a long time to dry. Will mildew if not dried properly. Only works in one direction (backwards). Water pumps fail frequently.

Bissel (Big Green) - Dirty water tank leaks on clean carpet due to a defective plastic valve (numerous reports). Huge issue. Customer service is horrible to deal with.

Bissel (X2 Pro) - Dirty water tank too small. Can only fill 1/4 of way before suction on vacuum stops. Front not heavy enough to stay down on carpet, needs to be weighted down.

Getting the water up is always the hardest part, I know it's work but I also got one on those floor fans and would dry up the water with the carpet cleaner first, and then if it needed to be fried faster I hit it with my wet/dry vac as well. But hell even the professionals can be less than perfect Stanley Steamer's left over residue was always a turnoff to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Use what the professionals use:

www.webstaurantstore.com... gle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw7--KBhAMEiwAxfpkWHSeOVodbrn-Z0-pkgk4nzYIcPmiAqrUSkqdIV5rqQOEphsmVGBDjxoC9KQQAvD_BwE

This thing sucks, in a good way!
edit on 5-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When I was in HS I dated this gal whose Mom owned a cleaning service. She mainly did commercial stuff. Her son (GF's brother) had a pro carpet cleaning service. So, I've seen how the big boys do it. But this thing was huge, it filled up the whole inside of a full sized van, and he had miles of hoses he ran from the van into people's houses. That thing would suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and it would shoot out soapy steam so hot it would burn you from 20' away if you weren't careful. Now those guys knew what they were doing when it came to cleaning! I learned more tricks about cleaning things from those two than anywhere else in life. Some of the things were so amazing it was unreal (and simple too), but you had to know what kind of a stain you were dealing with (because they were all different). Most of the tricks involved technique rather than some special chemical. But there were some pretty amazing chemicals too, stuff you can't get at the store.

Anyway, I only mention this because my standards are pretty high as a result. "Sort of" doesn't cut it...I want it clean!

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

WOW! Now that's one I haven't seen!!

Spendy, but that looks like the ticket right there!

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Special heated carpet extractor! With a powerful vacuum capable of sucking up to 100 CFM of air, paired with a 120 PSI water pump, this machine will extract dirt and grime from vehicle carpets and upholstery with ease.
The 1200W REAL HEAT water heating system raises the temperature of water up to 210 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature provides a much deeper cleaning potential and is ideal for especially dirty jobs.

I came across this because I look at commerical cookware for home use.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Only downside (aside from price) is the thing is HUGE! It weighs 100 lbs.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But look at that shiny metal extration wand 🚿

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Do yourself a favor; get Ruggables and ditch the carpet, install floors.

I have a Rug Doctor I bought from Sams years ago. It worked great but just too much of a hassle cleaning carpets so we decided to ditch them. We have a bunch of Ruggables. Easy to wash, look nice. Only problem is needing a bigger washer but even that was actually a good idea. Less loads.

We now have more free time. No more cleaning carpets. We vacuum the floor, wash the Ruggables. I also have a Vacuflow that came with the house so no vacuum bags. Love that thing.

edit on 5-10-2021 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes, this is the one to get, the key to me it's the heavy-duty hose and nozzle. They have a kit you get for your wet dry shop vac that I USED FOR YEARS, it worked great and it was made of plastic, best thing also is the big reservoir too. It better than using the carts cause you are pushing all that dirty water every pass of the nozzle.

Id get this one now for me if I had the means

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Damn, that pro one is niiiiice. Way, way too pricey for me to justify to hubs, but still nice < drools >

I used to have two of the clunky Hoovers, but the two different models I had over the years had loss of water suction issues that always ended up sinking them. Other than that flaw, they were decent enough machines, did what was advertised.

Right now, I have a Bissell Pro-Heat, and hate it. It's the kind with a clean water bladder, inside the dirty water tank (an ok enough system, but not the same as the separate clean & dirty reservoirs kind everyone else uses)

It doesn't suck for crap unless it's weighted down, so once some of the water's out, well, make sure you have 10 lbs of rice on hand to weight it down with or it won't suction much up.

It's not like I didn't do my research, I did my reviews & specs research diligently. I'd been looking at a Rug Doctor when I decided to buy the Bissell.

I should have bought the Rug Doctor. Buyer's Remorse on my part, bigger than hell. I really hate this Bissell.

edit on 10/5/2021 by Nyiah because: Two Hoover machines, actually. Conflated the two as a single thing. Also, typos.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If you find appliances and especially garage tools that aren't cheaply made that break easy, please....do tell.

Planned obsolescence is a mothertrucker

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
LMAO!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Call someone, it's a pain in the butt to do.

I've had dogs all my life and use to have carpeting too. But you know as so over time it gets funky... who am I kidding, the last carpeting I had was dark brown though use to be a lite sandy beige.

So we ripped ALL the carpeting up and now use the Original Wooden Floors underneath. But that not all good sir! Wait... There's more.

Still have to clean the wooden floors with Murphy's Oil soap because my boys Murphy and Benni. They love being outside and it gets wet a muddy at times. Also the boys need their nails cut religiously. Plus we applied some extra refinishing coatings of protection. The kitchen and bathrooms are hard tile flooring. We also use nice area rugs over the higher traffic areas as well.

But I will never ever ever ever have that beautiful Berber household carpeting or perfect back yard.

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š
edit on 5-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

But look at that shiny metal extraction wand 🚿

I bet you could get extension hoses where all you would have to do is wheel it from room to room, all you would be moving over and over is the wand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join