It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Preppers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I really thought there would be more survival threads, and I told you so threads popping up.
Have the true preppers bugged out already?

I have built an old land cruiser, with 12v solar power, fridge freezer, tent, and a heap of other stuff. More out of fun and something to take the family out camping. But it does feel like a small security as well. especially the solar power system.

Apart from that, I have increased my garden seed collection, and put up a second water tank. Not scared of the virus, just not a fan of people in general, and its really hard to know what's coming.

What, if anything, have you done since the Covid show started? Any plans if things go full retard? And did anyone ever figure out wtf the toilet paper thing was about?

edit on 30-9-2021 by kangawoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think (outside of general info discussions) why your not hearing alot (if any) is because seeing how people are acting just at stores to get things ..

they want to keep their "prepping" and more important info on their things, stockpiles, locations of homes and plans secret

if someone (including government agencies) know what you have because of your talking about , they will when SHTF come to your place to get it..

the greatest protection has always been SECRECY...

just a thought

scrounger

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
First rule of prepping...Don't discuss your preps.
In all honesty we are here but many topics have already been covered ad nauseam. Some great threads in this forum.
edit on 30-9-2021 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
I think (outside of general info discussions) why your not hearing alot (if any) is because seeing how people are acting just at stores to get things ..

they want to keep their "prepping" and more important info on their things, stockpiles, locations of homes and plans secret

if someone (including government agencies) know what you have because of your talking about , they will when SHTF come to your place to get it..

the greatest protection has always been SECRECY...

just a thought

scrounger

That does make a lot of sense. Very wise.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

We're playing a fun game of grey-man,.....

...Second line,.....

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
In all honesty we are here but many topics have already been covered ad nauseam. Some great threads in this forum.

I understand. I will browse some threads, and keep this one more about self sustained living, and camping, if anyone wants to add to it.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

We're playing a fun game of grey-man,.....

...Second line,.....

Is that game similar to Soggy Sao?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Perhaps many went off grid, underground, or went “radio silent”, or whatever. If there was ever a time that warranted becoming a prepper, and/or dipping under the radaR, in anticipation of what’s about to come, it would be now. For some, the current level of degradation of constitutional rights, and the prospect of even more draconian laws and regulations, is already too much. I know if I had the option of going off grid, to a secure location where I would be able to thrive long term, I’d probably be there already.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Where are all the Preppers?

They were all "Canceled" by the cancel culture.

All branded wacko's and shadow banned by the liberal "hive".

ETA - And in case my post wasn't clear; they're all still there, but they've shrugged off talking about it online. Here's why:

Allow me to give you a glimpse inside the "hive" mind of the cancel culture. Online these people will scream about preppers being paranoid wackjobs, they will tag-team them with attacks until they go silent. But at the exact same time they'll make a note in their notebooks..."Figure out where this guy lives, it's a well supplied target-rich environment!!"
edit on 9/30/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Allow me to give you a glimpse inside the "hive" mind of the cancel culture. Online these people will scream about preppers being paranoid wackjobs, they will tag-team them with attacks until they go silent. But at the exact same time they'll make a note in their notebooks..."Figure out where this guy lives, it's a well supplied target-rich environment!!"

That is hectic, and sad, although not surprising these days.

Strength comes from sharing knowledge and resources. I don't think those types of people would survive in a true collapse of society. At least I would hope not.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kangawoo
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That is hectic, and sad, although not surprising these days.

Strength comes from sharing knowledge and resources. I don't think those types of people would survive in a true collapse of society. At least I would hope not.

Years ago, when all of this was discussed, the common statement from those who don't prep was, "Why should I prep when I can come over to your house". At times, I heard this, so don't discuss anything, but skills really. Leatherworking, brewing wine, meads, fun stuff.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

No, they won't survive long, but they are opportunists and thieves. They take advantage of everyone, and every thing, until there is nothing left to steal and then they will move on to their next unwitting victims who extend a helping hand to them. These people have no soul, and have no compunction whatsoever about stealing from people whom have things they feel like they're entitled to.

They will die off soon enough, but not before they have exploited every single thing and person they can.

edit on 9/30/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah, maybe you're not hearing from "preppers" because they're all busy prepping.

I bought an adobe house in a small mountain village. We're fixing it up, hoping to be fully moved in before SHTF day. Has a sizable storage area that I intend to stock, large piece of land for gardening.
edit on 2021 9 30 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
We're "prepping".

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Exactly.

In the early days of prepping, it was once thought that developing a base would be a good thing. An internet group, with sharing of knowledge, and support, was common. Until they realized that a lot of people responding, did not score very high in the work and play well with others category.

A number of movies came out that gave a realistic glimpse into what the world is likely to look like in a post SHTF world. Sharing information on your prepping efforts, is probably not the wisest thing you can do.

It has also been realized by many preppers, that prepping is a short term goal. With time, it will run out. If you have to move, and at some point you are very likely to have to move, you can only take so much with you.

Skillful and knowledgeable foraging is more realistic goal. There will be constant battles with invaders. The sicker, the more violent, the more animalistic the person, the more likely they are to ban together. Why? Because they are concerned with one thing, survival. They will do whatever that takes, including subjugation, eating poop, even breeding to eat their young.

Surviving in a world of demonic minions will be short lived, if you try to go it alone. Even in a trusted group, holding on to your humanity will be extremely difficult to do. At some point, many will have to choose between their soul and their life.

The fear of death in a dystopian world is a sure path straight to Hell.

You prep for a hurricane or for short lived disasters. The only prepping you can effectively do for the end of the world, is to prep your mind.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Prepping was/is always a thing

If interested?

Ready.gov.

1st Responder
ADLS, DHS, CERT,
FEMA

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I’d like to think that they learned from some good threads and have gone beyond mere prepping and became bushcrafters and survivalists to cut down on the weight of their pack and dependency on gear.

Flexibility and adaptability will get you much farther than a plan that erodes due to circumstances. Best well-stocked, nuke-proof bunker in the world means nothing if a four ton boulder rolled down the hill and is blocking the only door. Or if you lost your keys on the way there.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

People are so keen to prepare for a temporary existence, but they forget to prepare for the eternal one.

Spiritual preparation is forgotten when busy with the physical world's glory.

You DO know all of your bodies will die soon. At least cosmically speaking. Where will you be with your preparation in 50, 100 or 200 years?

All your equipment will be useless, all your preparing will be in vain - will you be prepared to face your creator when your body dies? That WILL happen. What you are prepping for only MIGHT happen.

Why prepare for things that could happen, but not for things that will 100% surely happen?

I rather prepare in the long run, not build palaces out of matchboxes for ants that aren't going to be here in a tiny cosmic blink in time anyway. This means raising your gaze above mere sand and physical molecules, and seeing your future in the eternity of life, and preparing for that. How are you prepared for your life in the astral plane?

How about your next incarnation? You will have to 'start over' in many ways, and you can't bring your nature-polluting gasoline or your hostile and toxic animal cruelty with murdered-animals' skin-operation equipment with you. You might as well just live your life and trust that the Hand that Created you knows what you need and will take care of you.

When you face your Creator, how are you going to explain your animal-murderous, fear-based, hostile-to-others 'prepping' plans that didn't take into account that we will all end up in the same plane of existence very soon anyway?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

It may surprise you to know that all my digital devices have always had a copy of the Holy Bible KJV and Analects of Confucius. I also have bound copies that are pocket sized in case the electronics fail both of which have been around since my mid 20’s or so.

I also have a 10 foot length of 1/2 nylon rope that has been on many travels and adventures since I found it at 14 years old. I’ll probably die with that rope still in my possession. Why? The single most dependable and flexible piece of gear I ever had. Between the two, I’d probably trade my knife for it if could only have one thing. Not because of usefulness but due to dependability. That and a symbol of assurance that everything can be overcame.

The rope is not my faith, nor is the teachings of Confucius. But both have given me a better understanding of the world around me. One by manipulation of materials to find a solution to a problem. The other for how best to treat and understand others around me. Confucius can be summed in one word: Reciprocity...the very definition of the Golden Rule.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

With a knife you can make a rope, but with a rope you can't make a knife. (?????)

Or, am I missing some philosophical point you are trying to make?

My knife would be the very last thing I would trade. My saw would be 2nd to last (but I might have to contemplate that for a moment). Cordage (of some form) can be found virtually anywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join